X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

How many tube-heads do we have here?

Just curious, as I find researching tube audio fascinating, and I know at least a few of us have some tube gear.

Right now I have a ASL MG Head OTL tube headphone amp as the heart of my headphone audio system at work. I love how it sounds, and IMHO any electronics that glow have to be cool (or should I say, warm?)

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

CR Developments Romulus Integrated 30 watt here. I haven't changed any tubes out, just running stock.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin_McC
      • Jan 2003

I have a Dynaco setup - ST70 (I don't know if you can call it an ST70 anymore I've pretty much updated and modified it) PAS-3 (Mods in process) and FM-3 that I enjoy playing around with.

Comment

• Bob
        • Jul 2000

Audio Research LS 5MK II, modified at Great Northern Sound. Audio Research phono stage. Audio Research CD 3. These make up the components for the analog side of my system, I tried 2 different tube CD players but prefered the Audio Research which is solid state.

Comment

• JonMarsh
          Mad Max Moderator
          • Aug 2000

A past user and abuser, particularly Dynaco MKIII monoblocks and the big 120 watt unit they produced a little while in the late 70's (can't even remember the name).

Anyone else who knows that Dynaco OEM's a lot of the Sunn tube units, raise their hand. :W

Not in sometime since, though I really like CJ and Sonic Frontiers Gear.

-Jon

Earth First!
          M8ta
          Modula Neo DCC
          Modula MT XE
          Modula Xtreme
          Isiris
          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
          Minerva Monitor
          Calliope
          Ardent D

In Development...
          Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
          Obi-Wan
          Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
          Modula PWB
          Calliope CC Supreme
          Natalie P Ultra
          Natalie P Supreme
          Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
          Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by jonmarsh
            A past user and abuser, particularly Dynaco MKIII monoblocks and the big 120 watt unit they produced a little while in the late 70's (can't even remember the name).
            Wow, I'd love to be able to see that 120 watt beast. I bet you don't have it anymore.

I've toyed with getting a Fisher 400 tube receiver on ebay and refurbishing it. Maybe someday when I have money I will (dream on...)

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
            My HT Site

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
              • Aug 2001

No tubes at the moment, unless you count the 6L6 pair in my trusty old Music Man 12" combo.
              My last tube amps were a pair of Quicksilver "Mini-Mite" monos...25wpc push-pull EL34's on a pair of Spica TC-60's. Sweet pairing,but had to go as it couldn't do Back In Black. What it did well, though, it did, well...well.

Comment

• Hank
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2002

H.H. Scott LK-48B integrated tube amp, push-pull design, 24 Watts/channel. I built it from a kit around 1963 as a teenager. Lately, I stumbled across www.hhscott.com and was very surprised to read the very complimentary posts about how the H.H. Scott integrated amps are great sounding and hold their own with modern designs, and have one of the best phono stages ever, etc,etc. So, I am excited and inspired to take mine out of the closet and refurbish it.

Comment

• LarryB
                  • Dec 2001

Art Audio SET monoblocks (hi-watt model). Kora Eclipse linestage. Currently demoing an Audio Note 2.1x Balanced DAC. Awaiting delivery of Audio Note M5 linestage.

Phonostage is SS.

Larry

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                    • Aug 2001

So, I am excited and inspired to take mine out of the closet and refurbish it.
                    Hank, all you need is a turntable for a glorious, all-tube, all-analog signal path...mainline to the music.

Larry...we're like, neighbors or something.

Comment

• Ricky
                      • Aug 2000

For my 2 channel, I use a Rogue Magnum 66 tube preamp with HT bypass unity gain.

Comment

• Audioclyde
                        • Aug 2000

I previously had tubed preamps (BAT VK-30 and Sonic Frontiers Line 2SE), but now the only tubes are in the Cary 308-T CD player. I really like this little gem!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"