X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Attention... New format coming for Audio

No, I don't mean audio forum as in CD, Album, 8 track tape... I mean new forum format.

I have made a decision, what was asked for some time ago, is NOT working at this point.

Having empty fora does no good for us. Fora is my new plural of forums, ha.

I think we need to change the name of 1 of the sub forums to "Audio Stickies"

Put all the stickie audio stuff in it. CDs playing, Analog playing, whatever else has a running format...

The moderators will be John Holms and someone else. It will not be me. I am hoping WKHanna comes back he's been on sabatical of undetermined time. But at some point, if WKHanna doesn't return, I will have to appoint someone else to assist John.

I wanted to catch everyone up here on what is coming, and why.

The why? We are not supporting these sub forums.

Anything AUDIO related goes in the forums and the sticky sections.

Analog, digital, Morris Code.

Now to pick the 2nd moderator for both Audio stickies and Audio, any applications?

Also, do you think we should roll digital audio into the second sub forum here?

Do we really need it to be separate, or is folded in the audio umbrella BETTER?

The ones we have, are NOT working, so I think suffice it to say, we either rebrand both of them, or one of them goes away.

I propose:

Digital Audio subforum
    Audio Stickies Subforum

Audio (Digital and analog audio equipment and music)

Thanks.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

Hi Doug, I agree change in the air.

I'd suggest just consolidating some of the Stickies from the In Tune sub forum, putting them in the Audio Forum, so you have a few stickies in links at the top, that people can post music in. Perhaps the" What CD are you listening to?" could become a sticky. And also "What LP are you spinning?" could become a sticky. And a high res music sticky?

I tend to not venture into the In Tune forum because there just isn't the traffic there and same with analog audio sub forum.

So, I guess my preference would be just consolidate everything into the Audio Hideout forum (digital audio, analog audio, music).

I think others may feel the same way I do - I feel ambivalent about posting in subforums that don't see much traffic.

Perhaps having Digital Audio as a sub forum could work since it has more traffic?

I agree that having dead fora isn't helpful and looks bad.

Anyway, just my thoughts ... I love the HT Forum, it's home to me!!!! I want to see it thrive!!!!

Now, that I've got started, what about changing the name of HTGuide, to a name really spells things out for people? Maybe HomeTheaterGuide? Or AudioVideoGuide? Or something similar? AudioVideoDIY? Hmmm ...

I just think that a lot of DIYAudio.com traffic is due to the name that kind spells out what exactly what the forum is about?

Maybe that's too far fetched and of course domain names have to be available. Just a thought ... Don't have any experience in these matters!! I may be totally off here!!
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

John, I appreciate all your valuable input. I think it would be ok to change the main name to Home Theater Guide with HTGuide.com under it. We can't really change our URL easily, that would be to much. We'd never really be able to get to that point easily. It would, if orchestrated well be done, but we have enough hurdles in front of us, without trying to add more.

I do agree we could work with Home Theater Guide with the link under it, instead of the "Your Home Theater Guide slogan. I'll think about that.

I appreciate ALL your input, and I'd LOVE to see others get this involved.

One of our basic issues here, is getting people outside the clubs. It seems everyone goes to Mission Possible and Club B & W and a few to other clubs, and then they don't post any of their general HT stuff and audio stuff here much. This is what I fight. People getting involved. It is after all you guys forum, I'm just the owner with Kevin as our tech manager.

We need more people to take pride and get involved like you do, make it THEIR forum.

thank you.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Johnloudb
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2007

Yeah, I think that would be a nice change, could help ... changing the name to Home Theater Guide with HTGuide.com under it. I like that!

Yep, it's up to us members to create and share our hobby ...
        John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"