X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

Parasound Halo P3 vs Rotel RC-1090/1082 preamp

I am thinking about upgrading my stereo preamp. Right now I have a Parasound NC 2100 that I really like feature wise but if I was up upgrade, which would be a better replacement. I am already a fan of Rotel but am fast becoming a fan of Parasound as well. I have a Rotel 1050 amp but am considering upgrading it as well. I am kind of torn as to where my money would be best spent.

I could:
    A) Find a Silver Parasound NC 2125 to match my 2100 and stay there
    B) Get a, RC-1090/1082 (used) and eventually upgrade my amp to a 1070 (used)
    C) Get a Halo P3 (new or possibly used) and eventually upgrade my amp to an A23
    D) Do nothing

I am in no hurry as I do really enjoy the sound but if I do upgrade I think a better preamp would be my best bet hence the thread title. Any opinions or insight would be appreciated.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I take it a Halo JC2 is not an option?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• TommyV
      • Feb 2007

Not unless you now where to get one for $700 :B

If I could afford the JC2 I would also be considering Classe Components, not Rotel

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"