May magnetic field of the B&W 685s give damage to dvd recorders?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AwArEnEsS
    • Nov 2009

May magnetic field of the B&W 685s give damage to dvd recorders?

I have a problem which I haven't been able to solve yet.About two weeks ago,I put one of the B&W 685's on a shelf,very close to the dvd recorders and satellite receivers.685 was not connected to the receiver(amplificator).After a while in the same day,the satellite receiver started getting locked.Then I put another receiver and moved the previous receiver to the wardrobe.That receiver is working fine.In the same day,my dvd recorder gave a "write error" while writing to a dvd-r,but then wrote to other dvd-r s fine in the same day.

A few days ago,I put the speakers and receiver on a shelf,very close to the dvd recorders,and connected the receiver to the Tv's optical output.Both dvd-recorder gave writer errors that day.One of them started giving write error when I put a dvd-r into it.The other dvd recorder got locked a few times,and said "hdd repair is completed" and also gave a few times "write errors".Then the same dvd-recorder started working fine without problem.So I thought maybe B&W 685s or a/v receiver were giving damage to the dvd recorders.

But,the other dvr which gave writing errors,doesn't give writing errors if I use a Verbatim dvd-r.I was always using Maxell dvd-r with it cause it generally cause problems when I use a different brand.

Another note,cause my Verbatim dvds finished,I connected the dvd recorder(which doesn't give problem with Maxells) to the other satellite receiver(there are two receivers but one of them has a digital platform and the other doesn't have).Strangely that dvd recorder gave the same writing error although it was working fine up-to 1 minute ago.I tried another dvd-r(Maxell again),again it gave the same error quickly.

So,I may assume that the satellite receiver is giving the problem,but how are the dvd-r s able to write to Verbatim dvd-r s fine?

I couldn't understand what causes the problem.There are three possible causes I think:
    1-B&W 685s gave damage to dvd recorders
    2-This series of Maxell dvd-r s are bad quality.
    3-The satellite receiver is corrupt.

But at least you can give one of the answers,cause B&W 685s don't have the magnetic field protection,may B&W 685s or a/v receiver give damage to a dvd recorder?Might they give damage to dvd recorders?
    Last edited by AwArEnEsS; 18 January 2010, 18:38 Monday.
    The universe arises from definitionless awareness.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"