X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gross30
    • Jun 2005

New Add Ons

Ok, here is the plan, I am going to add a Krell sacd mk3, an Olive server, and a Benchmark dac. My main ht amp is a Elite SC-09. I don't use it to power any speakers except outdoors, and garage. I use a Krell 250/a3 for center and rears. I use Classe mono's for mains. What I need to get more info on, is should I run the dac to amps, or into the KAV 280p pre first. Also the SC-09 does not have xlr balanced, and could I use xlr balanced from the pre, dac, amps, or am I going to notice a big difference in sound quality. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :T
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by gross30
    Ok, here is the plan, I am going to add a Krell sacd mk3, an Olive server, and a Benchmark dac. My main ht amp is a Elite SC-09. I don't use it to power any speakers except outdoors, and garage. I use a Krell 250/a3 for center and rears. I use Classe mono's for mains. What I need to get more info on, is should I run the dac to amps, or into the KAV 280p pre first. Also the SC-09 does not have xlr balanced, and could I use xlr balanced from the pre, dac, amps, or am I going to notice a big difference in sound quality. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :T
    I would use a preamp, because you have more than one source component from your description. So, hook your KAV 280p preamp to the amp and source components to the preamp.

You could use balanced with everything that has balanced connections. But personally I typically don't like balanced for home stereo, it just provides too much gain than I need and I find that it usually makes the sound worse.
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• gross30
      • Jun 2005

Thanks John, I have been doing a lot of research and its hard to get a straight answer. I thought it was best to see if anyone has a similar setup and any problems etc. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"