X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

computer analog output as sub xo for stereo

I would like to use my computer to play music. The receiver I have available is from the 60's. I have a sub to use for low end, but it has no hi pass xo; PE 70w Plate Amp. The sound would be cleaner if I could just run it from the .1 channel, but when I do, it seems to have everything, not just LF. Also, I would like to adjust the ox frequency.

I'm trying to use the Onboard Realtek chip, HD1200, on a Gigabyte GAMA770-DS3 MB.

I can find no screen to adjust anything much. The hardware seems to be there, just nothing to run it.

I'm using WMediaPlayer now and thinking I need an upgrade. Any recommendations?

Or

Do I need a new sound card?

Thanks

Bob
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The owner's manual (section 5.2.1, page 83) seems to indicate there are 2 channels of output for each jack. This means the jacks accept stereo mini-plugs. That's the only way they could get 8 channels of output having only 4 jacks available. If you're using mono plugs that's a possible reason you'd be getting fullrange (center channel) out of the center/sub jack.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Alloroc
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

A few companines announced new soundcards this year at CES that will be of real interest to the HT & A/V PC enthusiast.

The link below informs of the new ASUS Xonar cards. There were a few others but I can't remeber them, but this seems to finally go in the right direction for A/V and the PC.

Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"