X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jnorth1178
    • Feb 2006

aNY REPAIR RECOMMENDATINS

What price a careless moment!! I sat down last night ih a darkened study, turn my desk chair around to face the desk, felt a severe bump, turned on the light to discover the back of the chair had struck the open tray on my Cambridge CD player. Result: The tray will not move in or out. I would like some suggestions as to what you would do in a similar situarion. I newver leave the tray open, never. This one time turned in to a disaster. J. North
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

pull it open and make sure its still on the tracks and everything. Chances are you just bumped it so the cogs are not lined up properly.

Comment

• Jnorth1178
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope that is it is. The Cambridge is well built and should take such a blow. I took it a local hi fi repair. He will look at it and assay the damage, fix it if he can. If it is beyond his expertise, Iwill have to send it the regional dealer for Cambridge. For such a stupid mistake, at best I will be without my cd player for at least two months plus the cost of repair. Lesson learned.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

It's going to take him 2 months? Or are you saying you'd have if you have to send to Cambridge it will take 2 months?

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Cambridge (if sent into repair) will have it back within one month. Normally there is a 1 week turn around upon receiving the unit...

I'd definitely would've contacted Cambridge Audio and see what they'd do for you.

-Dan
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Jnorth1178
            • Feb 2006

Dan: I did contact Cambridge Regional Center. They suggested that Igo local first and send it them if that fails. It sure is hard to get addresses and phone no. for these major manufactures etc. Thjere must be a reason why they don't want to be contacted. Jsck

Comment

• Jnorth1178
              • Feb 2006

The local hi fi shop called this a.m. Said the transport needed replacing and the belt. Would tske a wk or ten days. Cost $100. I hope this does the trick. Jack

current set up: Prima Luna preamp. Prima Luna mono amps..Rotel rt02 tuner, panamax line conditioner, creek head phone amp. akg 801 headphones

Comment

• Jnorth1178
                • Feb 2006

Happy Ending

I got my Cambridge back today. The repairs were succesful, though I don't know all they had to do. I don't think they repaced the transport, only repaired it. Cost me around $130. I didn't know how much I missed the CD player until I didn't have it to enjoy. Good listening. Jnorth
                '

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"