X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robdam1001
    • Apr 2008

Definitive Technologies 7.1 In-Wall Speaker recommendations needed

so far for my HT, I've settled upon Yamaha RX-V1800 and Sammy HL61A750. I know I want Definitive Technologies for Speakers, (my rec Room HT has Def Tech Speakers and I LOVE THEM), but I'm not sure what I need since I'm new to 7.1 configurations. Do I need bipole/dipole? Do they go on the sides? Back? Both? Other? I need some help on speaker selection/configuration please! Thanks!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I quickly hit the Dolby site looking for a current "suggestion" from them on surround speakers for 6.1, 7.1, etc. systems and didn't find anything of note concerning di-pole vs. direct-radiating. It used to be that for Dolby Surround and early Dolby Digital (both 5.1) the recommendation was for di-pole surrounds, but with the emergence of more channels, better soundtracks, better speakers, better components and better processing the choice switched over to direct-radiators. I've not pursued this in a year or two so my knowledge could be out-of-date.

As far as set-up, here's Dolby's page on EX. Speaker Setup

I hope this helps.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• robdam1001
      • Apr 2008

Thanks for the info David.

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

My pleasure. And, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"