X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buddy1
    • Mar 2008

aerial acoustics model 9 speakers-what speaker cables

I have just purchased a used pair of acoustics model 9 speakers.They are titanium in color with silver stands.I am in the process of getting them set up properly and so far I am really pleased with their sound. I need to upgrade my speaker cables. This is a 2 channel system and am using a balanced audioi technology VK500 SS. amp.I got a rave on acoustic zen satori shotguns. Any remarks on these or any other recommendations? I have not heard this kind of sound on other speakers I have listened to.They are fast great mids and highs and image up the wazoo. Any help appreciated. Thanks! buddy1
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Buddy, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

I have a pair of 7B's in rosewood. I'd recommend a stop at CATCables - very good quality at very good prices. Having said that, I've used MITs and was okay with the sound but not awed by it. I'm currently using a pair of AudioQuest Mont Blancs that DO make me smile. However, I didn't buy them and couldn't afford them if I was so inclined as they retail for as much as the 7B's. :roll:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• buddy1
      • Mar 2008

aerial acoustics model 9 -cables

Hi Dave-Thanks for your reply. Yes it is ridiculous what it costs to listen to good music and sound these days.I remember the good old days,probably didn't sound as good but who knew.I am using some very inexpensive acoustic research cables bi-wired right now,but I do need something that will do justice to these fabulous speakers.I am not familiar with catcables but thanks to you I will give them a try.It is just hard to buy a length of expensive cables only to find out they don't sound good in your system. I have used audioquest cables before and have generally been pleased.The person I bought the speakers from is also a Jena cable distributor. He says they are very good.I appreciate your info. Thanks! buddy1

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Cat cables BLOW audioquest away. In my personal opinion. I have switched almost every single bit of my cables to Cat. Once you got Cat, you don't go back.

Talk with Doug about ordering a pair you want and test them out. He has had VERY few returns. They are better than anything at the same price and compete with much higher priced cables.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"