X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick.h
    • Jan 2006

Bryston SP1.7 and Rotel RB-1095 good?

Hi,

At the moment Im looking to get a SP1.7 and cannot afford the 6B SST or the 3x 7B SST's. So in the interim I was thinking of using a Rotel 1095 to do the dirty work.

Running 803D and HTM2D.

Whats your thoughts?
  • alebonau
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

have you tried any other power amps with your B&Ws nick. having heard the elektra power amp for instance on b&w vs other power amps to my ears its streets ahead of the rotel. And not much difference in 7 channels of rotel vs the 7 channel electra cost wise, infact the elektra is a cheaper, extremely well made yet more physically compact choice.

re the bryston have you compared it with any other pre-pros to gauge what it provides at the cost is definetly worth it. reason I ask is although havent demoed the bryston I did demo many pre-pros upto $8kaussie and didnt find them to provide anymuch more than what your average $2kaussie AVR or pre-pro(eg rotel 1068) can achieve.

personally I'd spend a bit more on the power amps - you'll keep them a long time probably atleast a decade if you buy well. buy a pre-pro that will do what you want keepign in mind your likely to ditch it in a couple of years so no point investign too much there jsut now.
    "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

Nick, I extensively A/B'ed most of the Brystons 4 months ago. Didn't find them particularly convincing. My Rotels sounded as good as the Brystons, for a fraction of the price.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"