X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmac
    • Aug 2006

Looking for better sound.

I just ordered six Paradigm Studio 20's. I've now started to look at LFE, I'm not sure if replacing my sub will make a great change in lows.The price point, and sub I'm think about is the Axiom EP500. I'm not sure it's worth the money. I think the change from Athena to Paradigm will be great, but the change from Outlaw to Axiom I'm not so sure about.

My question is, would that be the item you changed(given my current setup) ?
    Epson Home Cinema 1080p, Panasonic TH42PX600U, Onkyo PR-SC 886, Earthquake Cinenova 7, Sony 400 Disk dvd, Paradigm studio 20' v.4s, Outlaw LFM-1 & LFM-2,Tripp lite line cond, Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD, Playstation 3, Roku, & WD TV, APC AV H15
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Soundwise, I would get a Rotel RCD-1072 or other comparable CD player. Connect to your multi-inputs or since you have the 1067, another analog input and use the bypass mode. This should give you better sound than your DVD player thru analog outs or even coax to the 1067's dac. Try to purchase where you can return if you don't notice a difference. Also, give the new setup some time. Some of the more subtle differences can take a while to get tuned into. You have to get intimate with your sytems's sound. Don't rush to conclusions either way and try many different CD's.

Comment

• Bmac
      • Aug 2006

Thanks, I'll do that.
      Epson Home Cinema 1080p, Panasonic TH42PX600U, Onkyo PR-SC 886, Earthquake Cinenova 7, Sony 400 Disk dvd, Paradigm studio 20' v.4s, Outlaw LFM-1 & LFM-2,Tripp lite line cond, Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD, Playstation 3, Roku, & WD TV, APC AV H15

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"