X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r100gs
    • May 2005

Garage Sound System?

Being a hifi wacko , How many of you have a stereo system in your garage? 8O I spend a lot of time there working on my cars and motorcycles and a small radio just does not cut it :E . My current setup is an Onkyo TX-8011 receiver, Teac PD-49 cd player and Mission 700's speakers. Modest, but it makes all the difference in the world in the garage.
    Jay
  • Bluespower
    • Sep 2005

Doesn't everyone? I have a music server PC in my basement workshop (PC»DAC»PRE»AMP»SPK SELECTOR) that I can pipe tunes to where ever I'm working (basement, back porch, & garage). I spend more time in my basement shop than I do in the main "listening room" with the "good" gear. I had "stacked Advents" back in the seventies that I couldn't bear to part with when the foam rotted out. I've since had them refoamed and put them into service in the satelite areas.

I have a vintage car and motorcycles as well that keep me plenty busy out in the garage and good tunes are a must for quality work...
    Bluespower

Comment

• gross30
      • Jun 2005

Oh yeah, the old garage wouldn't be the same with out some music. Got the old Yammy MX1000 in there with the old DSP A-1 and a Pioneer 300 disc changer with the old 901 Bose. Also wired in a cradle for sat radio in there as well. All of the gear is the old components that I had replaced over the years. All the gear has some dust on them and the odd overspray from painting but she works good. I treat it like the room I never had as a kid. Good tunes, fridge w/beverages, and last but not least, the girly calenders !!!

Comment

• r100gs
        • May 2005

Originally posted by gross30
        Oh yeah, the old garage wouldn't be the same with out some music. Got the old Yammy MX1000 in there with the old DSP A-1 and a Pioneer 300 disc changer with the old 901 Bose. Also wired in a cradle for sat radio in there as well. All of the gear is the old components that I had replaced over the years. All the gear has some dust on them and the odd overspray from painting but she works good. I treat it like the room I never had as a kid. Good tunes, fridge w/beverages, and last but not least, the girly calenders !!!
        Yeah the fridge is just as important as the stereo. :T
        Jay

Comment

• Charles
          • Jul 2006

Pioneer SX-1280, Teac reel to reel, Marantz turn table, Pioneer 8 track with Bose 901 cheese heads and an old coca cola cooler filled with my beverages of choice makes for a great car workshop. All hooked up and functioning!

Comment

• r100gs
            • May 2005

That's funny. There are two you guys that have 901's in the garage.
            Last edited by r100gs; 24 November 2006, 19:35 Friday.
            Jay

Comment

• gross30
              • Jun 2005

Yeah, I've had the old 901's since bachelor days and living with the boys. Replaced the foam surrounds on them and they kind of bring back a lot of old memories. I literally pounded the living you know what out of them for a lot of years and they held together. Kind of grew attached to them.

Comment

• Charles
                • Jul 2006

Same here, had the 901's for years along with the silver face Pioneer stuff. They won't quit so I'm still using them. Like gross30 said, kinda attached to them and for a garage system they still look and sound good. They also match the old signs and automobilia I have the wall decorated with.

Comment

• Jeff
                  • Dec 2004

The Pioneer SX-1280 is a killer unit. I have the SX-950 where I bypass the pre amp and connect directly to the amp. I have no issues with the old pioneer amp/receivers. Ok, well maybe one, I had to drill out the speaker line holes in the back to accommodate the proper guage speaker cable.

Jeff

Comment

• whoaru99
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by gross30
                    Got the old Yammy MX1000 in there...
                    Nothing personal, but :E :E :E ...

Would you like to send it to a home where it would be loved, pampered, and truly appreciated??

It would make a worthy addition to my stack of 2) M-80s and 2) M-40's...
                    There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• gross30
                      • Jun 2005

whoaru99; Sorry I cant do that, the shipping would be astronomical. The old girl runs pretty good, one side of the meter lights is a little dim, it's been dropped once and dented the rear corner of the rear, but I can say it still gets up and goes pretty good. You have 2 M-80' and 40's the old Yammys are well built in my opinion,and ever since they went for ht as there mainstream, I haven't seen too many 2 channel amps from Yammy. That new Digital amp looks interesting though. 500 watts x 2. Have to give it listen one day.

Comment

• twitch54
                        • Apr 2006

A "HodgePodge Put Together"

I still can't believe that ole' Phillips Cd player keeps on going !!
                        Attached Files
                        Dave

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"