X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saggas
    • Mar 2006

a noob speaker question!

hey, im a big metal fan, and love the sound you get from going to a massive concert. I just LOVE the big band feel. My question is this,
    can this be achieved from using big concert style wedges in my home, or would the smaller room achieve a less than desirable effect?
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

You can acheive concert volume levels with smaller speakers, but they have to be up to the task. The closest I have heard to a live concert is the Wilson Audio Maxx II. Just dont turn it past 88 or the resistors blow up. hehe...

But seriously, if all you want is LOUD, then yeah get some JBL stacks and a LOT of power, and go to town.

Comment

• Saggas
      • Mar 2006

ahh o.k. i take it these won't be audiophile quality, (its not really want i require) but they won't sound BAD, just having big stacks.
      like a pair of quad boxes or something?
      or 4, 12inch wedges with horn tweeters

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
        • May 2004

It sounds like bass is what you want. Pro gear used in concerts is usually made for lud rather than audiophile. JBL is the largest speaker manufacturer in the world and should meet your needs. If you want articulation and loud, be prepared to spend big bucks. The B&W 800D's will do it, at $20K/pair. Then you need some nice amps to run them.

You may want to look into a "Pocket Rocket" system - Some decent bookshelves with a nice sub/s. Search for the B&W 805 discussion on this site. The best of both worlds.
        Steel

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"