X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george_k
    • Jan 2004

Suggestions for a user-friendly hardisk-based player

I'm looking to get an hardisk based music player to help my dad consolidate all his music cd into one unit.

What he requires is something user-friendly (he's 58 and english is his 2nd language)

Price < $500-700

So far on my short list is the olive sonata (although I'm not too crazy about its mac-only mgmt software)

What I'm looking for is something that is functionally equivalent to the olive offerings in terms of using the unit to both play audio and rip cd tracks to memory.
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

escient fireball great little unit. Has a CD burner/CDplayer built into it. Connects to the internet and gets all the song titles and stuff. You might be able to find one for 900. But I do not think you are going to get a unit that you described for less. I think the part number is SD80. If I have time I will grab the link.

SNAP
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Vinny
      • Mar 2006

Cambridge Audio has a Azur 640H for the all the requirement that you listed up there.
      It's a little bit higher than 1200 on new but I guess you can get an used unit for around 900ish(it's still a new product, it wouldn't be too old even though used).

It is a top of the line CDp(it uses Wolfson WM8740 DAC, just like its 640C) with the music server. The good stuff about it is able to add more harddrive through the USB and able to burn the music back to CDs.

Agon has one for 935, audioadvisor has demo unit for 1100
      Pioneer KRP-500M
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Parasound 5125
      Oppo BDP-83
      Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
      SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"