X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ba123
    • Mar 2006

Need help upgrading old components

I just built a pair of the Natalie P speakers in the DIY forum - which sound great - and am now looking to maybe update the rest of my system.

Right now I have a old Marantz cc65 cd player going to an even older Marantz 2230 reciever that I use as a preamp for another old Nad 1155 amp (55w X 2). All the components are pretty classic and actually sound really good together. However, if possible I would like to upgrade (Most of these where hand-me-downs from my parents :W )

First of all, given my system what would you consider to be the weakest link (CD, preamp or amp)?

And secondly, starting with a student budget of about $1000 (what would you recommend I replace first?

And lastly, would mid-priced modern components be a major upgrade or should I maybe look for something like a good dac first?

Also I only need stereo audio and I want a system that will play well with the speakers.

Thanks alot. :T
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"