What do you think of Rotel RCD-1072 and Arcam 73T?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofan
    • May 2004

What do you think of Rotel RCD-1072 and Arcam 73T?

Has anyone heard both players? and which one do you prefer?

thanks.
  • mattburk
    • Feb 2003

I prefer the arcam.
    www.mycstone.com
    www.coverednow.com
    www.biarenton.com

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

I have compared the Arcam and the Rotel side by side in my system at the same time. I ended up w/ the Rotel. That is not saying the Arcam lost because it was indeed very good. The Rotel was just a bit more to my taste and worked better in my system.

The differences were not big, just a matter of degree. The Arcam was a little more laid back and lacked the low end weight and tightness of the Rotel. The Arcam, was slightly better for listening to poorly recorded CD's with harsh irritating highs. The Rotel seemed to bring the soundstage just slightly more forward. For Orchestral music I'd say Arcam. For Jazz, Pop, Rock I,d say Rotel although both heard alone would do either well. They are both very good, just a slightly different flavor. If you can, I suggest you demo them in your system.

Comment

• audiofan
        • May 2004

Thanks for opinions.
        I actually listened to Arcam CD192 . It's laid back , but the low end is tight. The other brand i'm looking into is Ayre CX-7e but it's way over my budget. Cary and MF is also on my list unless i can find a used one.

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

Ayre CX-7e is probably one of the best players out there. If you can make it happen... do it!

Comment

• audiofan
            • May 2004

Actually, Totem also recommends Ayre-CX7e with the Forrest. There is a local dealer near my place and i will make a trip over there to listen to it because i have never heard of Ayre before.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"