X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david teltschik
    • Dec 2004

High End Subwoofer Cables (RCA or XLR)

I'm in the process of upgrading my subwoofer and I"m getting a new amp that has unbalanced and balanced inputs and passthroughs. I was wondering who makes good balanced cables in lengths in the 16-25 ft rhealm? I could always go with the simple long RCA subwoofer cable, but Im wanting to with a balanced cable to suposidly lower the noise floor a bit. From my wanderings online I've come to the conclusion that multiple twisted pairs are better to help reduce EMI noise, but as far as I know...not mamy manufacturers use that at all (at least in the length I need....hard to find anything other than a mic cable really)

Anyway......any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

If you'd like to talk to CAT Cables, I'd be glad to give an assist as I am the owner. I can build any length you like.

Major store brand discussion is allowed below such as Audioquest, Kimber,etc... Web brand competitors to CAT Cables are not approved for discussion here at HTGuide. In general, open ended requests for people to post many brands of cable recommendations are frowned upon here since CAT helps keep HTG open for business. The others don't. We are not totalitarian about it, but we do ask your respect of this relationship.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

David - are you getting a sub with balanced XLR? This is pretty rare. I talked with SVS about this, and they don't have the option of adding balanced XLR to any of their lineup.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• zbobet2012
        • Feb 2005

I am in the same boat as david there, I have a KEF PSW4000. Could you please link to CAT cables and give a price range? I am looking for an Analog XLR cable.

Comment

• Gordon Moore
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Feb 2002

Just scroll to the bottom of the page. You'll find all the advertisers there.

SImply type www.catcables.com in any browser
          Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Hello guys, I am doug of CAT Cables, owner of the forum too.

I certainly can builld nice XLR cables that won't break the bank. I have some very good quality wire and connectors for this.

Email me with specific requests for quotes.

doug "at" catcables dot come

Just make the @ for at change, add name .com and you have my email. or click to email or PM me.

thanks,
            Doug
            CAT
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"