X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

stanton st8-100 TT ?

Does anyone have any insight on this tt.I just got one from a pawn shop,cheap.Can it be used on a receiver with no phono or will i need a phono preamp.I realize this is supposedly a dj tt,but needed a tt.Its both digital and analog.Would like to get as much info on this as i can.Thanks
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Rick, I couldn't find a lot of substantive info on this TT (several sites in Cyrillic tho') but here's what I did come up with:

MSRP: $241
    Height adjustable tone arm
    Quartz Lock
    Selectable pitch control [+/-8, 16, 25%]
    Manual pitch bend [up to 6%]
    Key Adjust
    Reverse function
    Motor off feature
    3 speeds [33,45,78]
    3.5mm line input [for portable players]
    Digital output
    Selectable phono or line output
    Remote Start/Stop input
    Retractable target light
    Aluminum face plate
    Includes headshell, slipmat, and all cables

It's definitely a DJ-oriented TT (manual pitch bending?), but you can use it straight into your receiver if it has a phono hookup. If not, you'll need to get an inexpensive phono stage. Sorry I couldn't dig up more - didn't have a lot of time unfortunately.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Thanks for the reply,but apparently it can be connected to the receiver via line input which i did and it works fine.Unfortunatly it does not have the original counter weight and i need to set it up properly.When i played it sometimes the needle would drag accross the lp.Probably needs to be adjusted.When i get the original counter weight hopefully i'll do it then.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"