This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MICHAEL STRO
    • Oct 2003

just recieved my svs pb12/ultra whats the best way to set up the eq settings

what is the best way to set up the sub eq settings
  • Wayne A. Pflughaupt
    • Jun 2002

Is this the one with the built-in parametric EQ filter?

Plot your response with a test disc and 1/6-octave test tones. This will allow you to identify a “hot spot.” If you do have one, just reduce it with the filter and you’re good to go.

You may find you have more than one problem area – if so you might want to look into getting an outboard parametric EQ like the BFD.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Comment

• Spearmint
      • Sep 2004

If you require some test tones, or decide to get a BFD as Wayne has mentioned the snapbug site is a wealth of information.

Also as Wayne mentioned, until you measure your in room response, you will not know what is required.

Good luck and congratulations on your new sub.
      Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I'll second what the guys above already said. I have dual SVS PC-Ultras, and for now the eq's on them are off. I've got a BFD that hasn't been calibrated yet, but I'll be using it to control the subs, especially since I have two, to fight any cancellation that may go on.

Just remember one principle- with eq's, you can LOWER a frequency where you're getting a volume INCREASE, but the reverse is NOT true. You can't raise a frequency volume dip.

Measure the room response! (best by measuring the volume output of every 10Hz freqency range at your primary listening location using a SPL meter)
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"