X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FreaQ
    • Aug 2010

Original statement leftover speakers build help

Hi!

I found some leftover speakers from my original statement build and then modification to statement II. I have 4x Tang Band W4-1337SA and 2x Dayton Audio RS225-8 I would like to use as 2 way speakers, sealed if possible to keep them small-ish. I think 2.5 way would be complicated to design, or not...

I have no real knowledge of box and crossover design. I'm good at executing the build however with plans. I was going to start by making a guess by cutting in half the statement design sealed enclosure. Then taking the woofer NET1 and midrange NET2 (removing high pass filter C2011) crossover, but realizing it's for two drivers each, then looking at other design and I'm lost. This design still needs the tunnel for the W4-1337SA, originally 16.5" long but saw down to 12" on monitor design.

I know it looks like I'm trying to take shortcuts. Yeah... I wish someone would tell me the volume I need, respecting some key dimensions, the crossover design, and what to do with the tunnels.

Any help?
  • technodanvan
    • Nov 2009

I'm not much help with designing something from scratch, but you might be interested in a center channel using (most of) what you have...

After build a pair of Statement speakers for my home theater to replace my Paradigm Monitor 7's, I knew I needed to build the Statement family matching center channel. Only there was one problem. In both my current theater and my planned (future) theater, I want to us an AT screen so having a large CC speaker that sits about 2

If not this, what is the plan for the tweeter? Are you thinking of running the Tang Bands full range or acquiring the same tweeter used in the Statements?
    Last edited by theSven; 09 April 2023, 03:38 Sunday. Reason: Update image location
    - Danny

Comment

• FreaQ
      • Aug 2010

Thx technodanvan for the links... I missed the first link doing my research and it's pretty close to what I'm looking for, with small tweaks.

I want to use what I have. I hate having them in boxes not doing anything. But I don't want to buy new drivers, even tweeter. So probably I'll try runing them mid and tweeter duty and see. It's just a side project. Maybe even do a full range with single Tang Bands for another pair after...

I have my Statements II for years now, using them everyday and love them.

Comment

• technodanvan
        • Nov 2009

Sounds like an interesting little project!

If you want to run the Tang Band full range in a small enclosure by itself Jed has already done the heavy lifting:

Look for the 'F4' variant, it's in the beginning. May be helpful for your other project as well.
        Last edited by theSven; 09 April 2023, 03:38 Sunday. Reason: Update htguide url
        - Danny

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"