X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by joshua
    Your last message totally confused me. Does BubbleDS work in other renderers than Linn systems?. If your NAS music files are a copy of your NUC files as configured by JRMC, why can't you using the JRemote via GIzmo control and select your music playlist? I have no problems using JRMC and controller, playing and configuring playlist, even editing files from the JRemote as long as the CP is on.
    I know I am missing something.
    BubbleDS can control any openhome renderer as this is what it is. Linn use openHome on their DSs. Sorry I failed to mention that. It's very similar to BubbleUPNP but won't work with standard UPNP renderers

Yes you can use Gizmo but I don't like it as I can't arrange the menus how I want (see previous posts). The files are on the NAS anyway not on the NUC so however I control it it is coming from the NAS.

But I think if you use a controller that treats JRMC like a uPNP renderer, then you don't get the playlist on the computer.
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• joshua
      • Apr 2014

Thanks for the link. I think that it maybe the answer to my issue.
      Please let me know if you think that this system could work: PC, JRiver NUC, NAS and CP800 connected to internet switcher.
      JRiver NUC mapped to NAS. NAS contains the main library and DOES NOT run its own UPnP server.
      JRiver serves the music from the main library and also controls playback. Control point is JRemote from iPad.
      It appears that I could have the benefit of JRiver and its control, playing from NAS main library. The PC will only be in the chain for ripping and maintenance.
      Does it make sense?. Thanks

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Yes that would work. The only reason I don't do the same (but with gizmo) is that I don't like gizmo
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• joshua
          • Apr 2014

Thanks Tom. I will keep you posted.

Comment

• joshua
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Thumper
            JRiver is selling an Intel NUC, preloaded with JRiver. Might make a nice unit for those who don't want their main PC always running. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89084.0

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Id
            Unfortunately the JRiver NUC (Id) does not work with NAS at this point. It is designed as a second, third, etc. room media player that can be served by JRiver MC and controlled remotelly.

Comment

• Thumper
              • Apr 2009

From various posts it appears that the id will stream from any DLNA server but not from exported SMB or NFS shares (at this time).

From their Interact Forum
              1. NAS > Id > DAC would work _if_ the NAS runs a DLNA Server. If not, you would need to do this:

2. NAS > MC on Mac or PC > Id > DAC

Bigger issue is the limited support of USB DACs.

Not a product for me, I built my own based on a NUC, fanless case and Windows.

Comment

• joshua
                • Apr 2014

You are right. It is unfortunate because in its current configuration, I am not sure that the Id will have a big follow. It seems that they have missed the opportunity to created a NUC loaded with JRiver that would have much wider application than its current form. Question: how is your built fanless NUC with Windows different than a fanless regular PC other than the size?.
                The idea that keeps on coming to my mind is either eliminate the PC from the audio chain or put a limited PC with limited functionality -basically strictly dedicated to handle music- that would eliminate potential noise sources and significant wattage usage if switched on at all times. That is where I though a NUC with JRiver could have a great interest in a chain as described a few posts ago.
                I assume that one could have one built that way but your NUC seems that is basically a mini-pc, no?

Comment

• Thumper
                  • Apr 2009

Yes Joshua, that's exactly what it is. I like the size, I don't have much space where everything is situated. I use the HDMI out to drive my AVR and two usb to drive different DACs.

I see that there are fanless tiny PC coming on the market now, Zotac has an AMD powered one that was shown at Computex.

I wonder if something ARM based could be tasked for the job, low power and low cost. I'm guessing that it might not be the best solution if you want video as I do but would probably work well for audio.

Comment

• TomScrut
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Nov 2013

One issue with the NUC is the PSU is as noisy as hell and passes noise down HDMI to my AVR. Hopefully the isolator that I have coming should do the trick

Comment

• joshua
                      • Apr 2014

Do you think that something like this could do the job and be less noisy than standard processors?
                      Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

• TomScrut
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Nov 2013

The isolator worked perfectly, its an ART DTI for those interested.

Comment

• gerardhn
                          • Jun 2005

Hi,

something else.

1. That classe remote app doesnot work. Still doesnot work!!??. On iPad and iPhone. It is still a demo. You have the same problem.???

2. In the classe manual on their website, for direct NAS connection they they advice 2 apps. PP (Plugplayer)and MediaConnect. Here my experiences. I use them with synology with Logitech Media Server running.

2a. Plugplayer. Paid app. Very unstable, slow, iPhone hanging, jumping out the music directory. How can Classe advice?
                          2b. Mediaconnect. (free version) Much better. Fast. BUT... no .cue supported. When playing .wav I get noise on CP 800 (also on iPhone when set as renderer). Gapless not perfect. Again: How can Classe advice?

Comment

• joshua
                            • Apr 2014

I had the time this w-e to play around with the various possibilities and suggestions that you have given in the thread. For whatever is worth and in case it may be of help, these are my conclusions.
                            1. BubbleUpnP application is excellent controller as I think Tom had suggested. 2. Minim server is superior to the native server that comes with the NAS or better than Townky (also in the NAS), but they do not come even close to JRiver. 3. Contrary to the experience of someone with the Classe application control, it works fine for me. Still, you have to go to the unit if you want to do functions besides volume, EQ, source selection and few others. 4. I got an inexpensive tablet so I could use BubleUpnP which gave me the opportunity to use Gizmo application. Very, very limited in comparison to JRemote, the application of JRiver for iPad crowds which, contrary to Gizmo, is fully functional with the same capabilities as the proman in the PC.

I am trying to simplify servers, controllers, applications etc., stop tinkering around and stick to one system and concentrate into listening to music so, I wonder if anyone has experience with the BUble UpnP server (not the application) or with the presumably better Asset server. I am hoping to be able to use one single server with one single control application. I could easily live with Townky or Minim but the metadata of some of the music files gets altered and when I try to correct it, eventually reverts to they way it wants (i.e.: for genre I have a single entry for Jazz in the main library of JRiver, Townky will do one entry under Jazz, another as jazz ad another as Jazz-Blues even if in my original library I don't have the last two..??!!0. There are many other examples like that. Another annoying thing: CD's with multiple artist will be separated per artist so, all of the sudden I have 12 CD's each with one song by one artist. Etc etc. I wonder if Asset will do better. Thanks

Comment

• gerardhn
                              • Jun 2005

Hi asked some time ago this question, but no feedback to my surprize.

This classe app, for ipad/iphone, to control cp 800, is only a demo thing.
                              Does nothing.
                              Same experience????

Thx

Comment

• busby
                                • Jul 2011

No, it's not a demo but is fully functional. When you start the app, you should see a menu with two items: the first is the demo, the second is your CP-800. Touch the second item and the app should open up and control the CP-800. The following images were captured on my iPhone.

Chris
                                Attached Files

Comment

• gerardhn
                                  • Jun 2005

Busby,
                                  Thx for the reply.
                                  You make happy that "it should work".
                                  But Iám less happy as - you might feel that- this 2 nd botton "does nothing" is "dead". So it doesnot recogize my CP 800.
                                  Strange because I'am streaming now synology DS audio.
                                  Every ios application sees my CP. Windows network explorer sees it.
                                  So why does the remote not see it???
                                  Any idea??

Comment

• busby
                                    • Jul 2011

I'm not sure what the problem could be. As you say, the CP-800 must be connected to the network because you can stream to it.

Can you post a screen-shot of the app when it starts up - showing the second button?

Comment

• gerardhn
                                      • Jun 2005

I dont know how to insert that screeshot with iPhone. Anyway 2 bottons: CP 800 standby and cp 800 discovered , That one is dead.
                                      PS> logged in the router, even the dhcp table there sees "CP-800".
                                      I dont understand ....

Comment

• leo2498
                                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by gerardhn
                                        I dont know how to insert that screeshot with iPhone. Anyway 2 bottons: CP 800 standby and cp 800 discovered , That one is dead.
                                        I dont understand ....
                                        Hi Gerardhn,
                                        I had something like your problem, my CP800 is working normal with the classe app like said busby I only connected it with my router wifi and that is it but I remember that my internet connection was down some week and my CP800 not working with the app anymore so I think that if you no have internet conection in your router is possible that it is your problem.

BTW someone has been problems with your remote control? sometimes my CP800 not could work with its remote control and only with reset the CP800 it will work again.
                                        Leo,
                                        Saludos
                                        My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• gerardhn
                                          • Jun 2005

leo, no that is not the case here. internet always works...
                                          Iám the only one having the problem???

Comment

• joshua
                                            • Apr 2014

leo, no that is not the case here. internet always works...
                                            Iám the only one having the problem???
                                            No, gerardhn, I dont have that problem. I have other issues but not that one. It seems very strange that you are able to stream via CP800 but it does not recognize the application. Have you tried to delete the apllication and download it again?

One of my issues: none of my music in the NAS or PC is WAV but FLAC, however when listening via ethernet the screen shows WAV. In the JRiver set up or anywhere else I have the conversion to "dont convert audio" and the encoger is set to PMC 24 bit as Per instructions in the manual.
                                            Any ideas?. Thanks.

Comment

• bitperfect
                                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by joshua
                                              One of my issues: none of my music in the NAS or PC is WAV but FLAC, however when listening via ethernet the screen shows WAV. In the JRiver set up or anywhere else I have the conversion to "dont convert audio" and the encoger is set to PMC 24 bit as Per instructions in the manual.
                                              Any ideas?. Thanks.
                                              It works that way for me to. I think it is the media player that decides what meta info it should show in the display of Classe CP-800. I guess you can say that a flac-file is a compressed wave-file so I don’t think it will do any harm to the sound.

Comment

• bitperfect
                                                • Sep 2014

I dont understand ....
                                                Can you stream from your iPhone to CP-800 whit AirPlay?

Comment

• gerardhn
                                                  • Jun 2005

Hi,
                                                  iam travelling and outside i played with my iphone on pressed the Classe remote app. Than I discovered that the second button "CP 800 discovered" didnot enter up. Seems logic. But turn it around, the fact that it turns up at home in WiFi shows he discovers the CP 800 in the network.
                                                  Why the hell is nothing happening when I press that button?
                                                  Yes , I reinstalled the app.
                                                  I dont use airplay.
                                                  Last edited by gerardhn; 06 September 2014, 17:08 Saturday.

Comment

• gerardhn
                                                    • Jun 2005

DEar forum members... I send this email to Classe support. FYI

Hi.

I have 2 very difficult questions about CP800. I hope you can help me.

I had the Original rev1 CP 800 and I bought the digital input so it became rev2.

Q1. My LAN works percfectly. Everythings works here in my house. All apps see CP 800. (whether they work fine with it is second). I can stream from my synology nas DS audio to the CP over LAN. Windows network sees it....

Ok. But one apllication does not work. Thats is the Classe remote app.! Outside my network, he does not see it , of course only the demo mode is active, inside my wifi network he sees "CP 800 discovered" but if I press that button (on iPhone and iPad) nothing happens....dead as a piece of glass that I press..... any idea whats the problem????

Q2

USB back behaviour

There is difference, unwanted difference, compared the Original rev 1 versus to rev2. In the rev1, when I had connected an ethernet->usb streamer to usb back connection nothing happened when I put the CP 800 in standby. Now with the rev2 these mini computers get crazy. That means: if I turn on the CP again they dont recognize the CP. They have to be rebooted. !! Very unconvenient. As I know that was not happening the rev 1....it has to do with the upgrade board.

My story is : in the rev 2 when CP 800 goes in standby the 5 V usb input is disabled, making other equipment losing connection and get crazy. My story, I know. But I ask your solution.

Can you help me???

THX

Comment

• TomScrut
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Nov 2013

I have just upgraded to the rev 2 board.

One thing I have noticed about the new board is it keeps switching to USB B when in other inputs I presume because it receives a signal from the HTPC which is running all the time but I don't want sound from it all the time! Very annoying but I may have worked out how to get round it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• busby
                                                        • Jul 2011

The CP-800 firmware auto selects the USB B, USB F and network sources when playback begins on your computer, Apple iOS device or for DLNA/AirPlay streaming, respectively. It may be that your HTPC emits system sounds periodically. These will be interpreted as as playback start/stop events by the CP-800. It's probably best to turn off these sounds. Otherwise Windows will attempt to mix these with the audio playback and may cause your audio files to be re-sampled.

Comment

• TomScrut
                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Nov 2013

Yes I realise why it happens. It doesn't happen during playback as the media player has exclusive access to it. It's when it's not playing that there is an issue. It's just a nuisance that's all, and I am bemoaning the auto switch which I am pretty certain the older version did not do!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                          Search Result for "|||"