X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slauten
    • Aug 2011

Classe CAN Bus issues

I have a unique problem that hopefully someone can help with. I recently did the most current software update to my SSP-800. I also own a CP-800. In addition 2 CA-M400 and a CA-5200. All of which has worked flawlessly until I did the software update on the SSP-800. The issue I now have is one of the CA-M400 amps does not automatically turn on when I the SSP or CP units are taken out of standby. Everything turns on/off as it should except for 1 amp. As designed you can touch any button on any item and it all turns on/off, except 1amp. If I touch the standby button on the amp in question everything turns on/off as it should. The only problem is if I touch any other button or use the remote everything turns on except 1 amp! To be sure be sure, I installed the most recent amp update software. I also have a CDP-502 in this circuit and it works fine. You can go to any any of the units with GUI and all info shows up as it should, you can turn the amp on or off, everything works! I can"t figure this issue out.

Any ideas?

See Ya,
    Steve
  • wildtangent
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by slauten
    I have a unique problem that hopefully someone can help with. I recently did the most current software update to my SSP-800. I also own a CP-800. In addition 2 CA-M400 and a CA-5200. All of which has worked flawlessly until I did the software update on the SSP-800. The issue I now have is one of the CA-M400 amps does not automatically turn on when I the SSP or CP units are taken out of standby. Everything turns on/off as it should except for 1 amp. As designed you can touch any button on any item and it all turns on/off, except 1amp. If I touch the standby button on the amp in question everything turns on/off as it should. The only problem is if I touch any other button or use the remote everything turns on except 1 amp! To be sure be sure, I installed the most recent amp update software. I also have a CDP-502 in this circuit and it works fine. You can go to any any of the units with GUI and all info shows up as it should, you can turn the amp on or off, everything works! I can"t figure this issue out.

Any ideas?

See Ya,
    Steve
    Go the amplifier in questions CAN bus page and under configuration see if the global standby button is highlighted.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Classe could do so much more with their CANBUS, but it seems to have taken a back seat. I have just discovered, Global standby doesn't work properly with my 5100 anymore either (another story). Unfortunately, the solution was to use the 12v triggers, but it seems wrong.

You could:
      1. check global standby is active in the amp, as wildtangent says,
      2. check all the RJ-45's are OK,
      3. re-arrange the bus and move the terminator somewhere else.
      4. Contact Classe,
      5. use a 12v trigger.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• slauten
        • Aug 2011

Great feedback, I will try some of these suggestions tonight.

Thanks,
        Steve

Comment

• slauten
          • Aug 2011

FYI-Global Standby was not highlighted, it's now fixed! The forum to the rescue agin!

Thanks,
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"