X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aquarius
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by RebelMan
    There are limits to the (iPod) medium just as there are with CD's but that shouldn't deter one from using it. In my experience the quality of the master far exceeds the transfer. While it may seem the benefits (when they exist) of hires media are due to the format's higher bit length and increased sample rate, it's rarely the case seen by keen observers.
    Well, CP-800 shouldn't be target to keen observers. If so, they should look for more affordable solution to get best from their Apple devices. Yes, I can confirm that CP-800 can dramatically turn iPod (4th gen) into serious source but then again it's far below PC performances and possibilities.

Originally posted by RebelMan
    Generally a new transfer also includes a remastered print of the recording. It's this distinction between the mediums that usually dominates one's observation of change or perception of improvement. The benefits of a higher transcode are not to be overlooked but are not to be exaggerated either.
    There's a lot of quality hires download sites with hires music. Serious audiophiles should look there for music. Differences between 16/48 and 24/96 (not to mention 24/176.4 or 24/192) are significant in great deal.

Try some of Reference Recordings HRx albums (Shakespeare's TEMPEST for eg.). They are close to analog source as they can be. With CP-800 you won't notice any digital artifacts what so ever. I have both version (16/44.1 and 24/176.4) and I can hear differences very well. Any proclaimed audiophile should. :=)

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"