X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Srrndhound
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HedgeHog
    So just to clarify, the preview screen works without the unit being on?? Or do you have another "little monitor" plugged in?
    Yes, it's a small LCD monitor running from HDMI out 2. I can use it for navigating the AppleTV music and catching news from the DVR, without using the PJ. The SSP screen remains dark.

Comment

• Srrndhound
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by beden1
      I read it before, but there are still questions that were not able to be answered at the time, like what ALL exactly does the 1.4 upgrade do?
      The main point is HDMI 1.4, which means support for 3D video, and also ARC, audio return channel. Secondary benefits of switching speed and standby passthru come for the ride.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hi,
        Mike I not so sure that the hdmi 1.4 upgrade is for the sound too.

in europa , you know, this upgrade is expensive, and if is only a video 3D update no thanks.

if a ARC or autocalibration is inside too I don't know...
        Clase can make with a tecnique-man this job and is sure better versus one microphone connect at the SSP.....

before say if this upgrade give a sound improvement I will wait the feed back from my freind from Clase.
        At today say me that is only a video update: the sound is the same: maybe you go have a faster source switching, and standby pass-through.. but this "more fast service" have a price from €.3000-4000: is a good investment?

uhmmm I dont think so, I can hope that will be a amazing sound update but only hope......

You are so sure from the sound "upgrade"???
        switching from one source to the other is so long for you????

5-10 second.... is not mucht time!!!

Style

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Style, I believe the HDMI 1.4 upgrade does absolutely nothing for the sound. It is an HDMI source switch only - with 1 more HDMI input (5 inputs, 2 outputs), standby pass-through, and an Audio Return Channel (ARC). I have yet to see a European price, but $1500 is usually around 1500 euro, if it comes in at less than that I'll be happy.
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Skyblue
            • Jun 2009

I wouldn't think it would be more than €1500. €3000 sounds crazy.

I also dont think it does anything for the sound, as it is "just" an improved hdmi board with new software.
            B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Hi Mike,

Today I have called my freind (@Classé) for the Hdmi.

1 in Switzerland will be available with the new years (januar the first pieces):
              the new SSP come all WITHOUT this upgrade and will be "monted on demand".
              2. at first is for the 3D....
              3. Ok, you o have a extra hdmi input...BUT the sound is the same!!! NOTHING CHANGE. if is faster: hhehe!!!too much variabily/possibilty to say yes or no. (in every case i go faster not much...not the 1500$€!!)
              and what for source will be connect, how much source, "simply bluray or a 3D unit, all with hdmi cable, with a coax, projector, plasma,.....(too much thing to say now + or -) = is do you dont have 3D in your head dont waste your money!
              the chip is always the same, is only a extra hdmi unit with a soft for the hdmi 1.4 and 3D but the chip dont can change from a Porsche 500PS to a space shuttle !!!

I dont will invest my money in a "upgrade" for nothing.

Today the first CA2300/CT2300 are in the "store" from Classé: the next goods arrive at mittle janaury!

Greetings Style
              Last edited by style; 13 December 2010, 17:41 Monday.

Comment

• Skyblue
                • Jun 2009

Charles Hansen sincerely hates the hdmi interface..

Audio Asylum - Computer Audio Asylum - Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.
                B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• beden1
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Skyblue
                  Charles Hansen sincerely hates the hdmi interface..

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=pcaudio&m=82548
                  I agree that HDMI is a complete failure that was shoved down our throats. It's just a matter of time before the industry comes out with yet another half baked technology that will waste our hard earned dollars, again!

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

I agree that HDMI is a complete failure that was shoved down our throats. It's just a matter of time before the industry comes out with yet another half baked technology that will waste our hard earned dollars, again!
                    = well, NO upgrade thanks!!! :W

Comment

• HedgeHog
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Srrndhound
                      Yes, it's a small LCD monitor running from HDMI out 2. I can use it for navigating the AppleTV music and catching news from the DVR, without using the PJ. The SSP screen remains dark.
                      Thx for that....btw, can you ask if the pass-through is possible with the current dual dsp board?

Cheers,
                      -H
                      Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                      Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                      B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                      Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                      Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• Srrndhound
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HedgeHog
                        Thx for that....btw, can you ask if the pass-through is possible with the current dual dsp board?
                        Have a look at Question 1.3 reply from Mr. Nauber.

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Customer service is an art, I wish other CE companies could learn from Oppo :T
                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"