• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by wettou
    Who know what the future brings :B
    unless you have already ordered it, I'm now of the opinion you won't ever order one. You've drug your feet saying you would order it when the DSP comes out. the DSP is out, and you still chastise it. If you were going to do it, you would have already done it.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

well if you will change your 802d / n with a Focal Scala you have a lot of music to listen before have a good opinion from what is good and no good ....

You have a the Classe powerampli but you drive they with a integra.
      buy a Marantz or yuo can change all with a Denon.

Style

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
        unless you have already ordered it, I'm now of the opinion you won't ever order one. You've drug your feet saying you would order it when the DSP comes out. the DSP is out, and you still chastise it. If you were going to do it, you would have already done it.
        :roll:
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by style
          well if you will change your 802d / n with a Focal Scala you have a lot of music to listen before have a good opinion from what is good and no good ....You have a the Classe powerampli but you drive they with a integra buy a Marantz or yuo can change all with a Denon.

Style
          :rofl:
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Sorry, with all the respect ...

bud If I were you I would not laugh so much!

and what are you laughing about?

your words....
            when the update is available I will order it ....well, we speak from the SSP800 not from the SSPxx0000 :W

Comment

• Srrndhound
              • Sep 2008

THe OSD cannot be turned off?
              Not completely. Things like Trims, Info, cannot. Ever. Dave agreed to look into the matter, though.

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Originally posted by style
                Sorry, with all the respect ...bud If I were you I would not laugh so much! and what are you laughing about? your words....
                when the update is available I will order it ....well, we speak from the SSP800 not from the SSPxx0000 :W
                :Z ;x(

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Srrndhound
                  Not completely. Things like Trims, Info, cannot. Ever. Dave agreed to look into the matter, though.
                  Is that just your unit or all of them?

Comment

• Srrndhound
                    • Sep 2008

Is that just your unit or all of them?
                    All of them, except Oddiophile's :W

Apparently, "none" used to turn them all off, but some installer changed their mind. I'm trying to change it back.

If I could tap into the HD audio from HDMI and send the BD player's HDMI video direct to the PJ, that's a workaround. Not sure how I'd do that--some sort of HDMI splitter? Imagine the handshake problems.

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

All of them, except Oddiophile's :W

Apparently, "none" used to turn them all off, but some installer changed their mind. I'm trying to change it back.

If I could tap into the HD audio from HDMI and send the BD player's HDMI video direct to the PJ, that's a workaround. Not sure how I'd do that--some sort of HDMI splitter? Imagine the handshake problems.
                      some bd players have video only outputs on the back. the pioneer and the denon come to mind.
                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Oddiophile
                        • Jul 2008

OSD back on

For some reason the OSD has returned (other than the HOME screen menu which is a known bug).

It would be REALLY nice to be able to instantly turn off the OSD (and for that matter the touchscreen) with a hardbutton or something similar. I'm with Srrndhound regarding the OSD.

Incidentally I found an anomaly with one of the volume settings. I have emailed Tom about this and will elaborate further when I get his reply.

Another thing to note (I hope I am not repeating myself here but then I am a historian . You MUST do the HDMI video connection before doing the HDMI audio connection in the INPUT menu. This not the fault of Classe as it is an HDMI quirk. However, the SSP-800 should be revised accordingly to point this out. (It's in my email to Tom and I had already told him about it verbally).

Please don't let the various problems/bugs give you a false impression. This is one fabulous sounding piece of equipment.

Jim

Comment

• Srrndhound
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Oddiophile
                          OSD back on

For some reason the OSD has returned (other than the HOME screen menu which is a known bug).
                          :T

It would be REALLY nice to be able to instantly turn off the OSD (and for that matter the touchscreen) with a hardbutton or something similar. I'm with Srrndhound regarding the OSD.
                          I made a Profile page with my most frequent mode buttons: Stereo, PLIIx Music, and timeout. Gets me to the "3 sec" setting that much easier, which I use during movie playback. Might see if that works for you.

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

Please don't let the various problems/bugs give you a false impression. This is one fabulous sounding piece of equipment. Jim
                            I agree, I have listened to it many times and was very impressed.

Comment

• VladP
                              • Feb 2009

OSD back on

Another thing to note (I hope I am not repeating myself here but then I am a historian . You MUST do the HDMI video connection before doing the HDMI audio connection in the INPUT menu. This not the fault of Classe as it is an HDMI quirk. However, the SSP-800 should be revised accordingly to point this out. (It's in my email to Tom and I had already told him about it verbally).

Jim
                              Do you mean that HDMI video should be configured first when you just start configuring ssp-800 for the first time? My HDMI audio works fine, except that I cannot use any other input unless I start my HDMI player first. So if I want to listen to my cdp, I have to start my bluray first, then switch to analog.

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by VladP
                                Do you mean that HDMI video should be configured first when you just start configuring ssp-800 for the first time?
                                No, he means anytime you define a new input, the menu page offers the option to select an audio and a video input to marry up. If video is to come from an HDMI input, you have to select it first, then define the audio.

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                  • Sep 2008

I'll nudge them to see if the Night mode button can be made to operate for TrueHD as well as DD.
                                  Got new beta code today (0067).

The Night button now works on DTHD streams.

The eBass option has now been grayed out in configs where all speakers are crossed over.

Not sure what else they addressed, but I suspect the "turn on audio mute" issue Tesuka mentioned is fixed, too. Since that never happened on my system, I cannot verify any change.
                                  Last edited by Srrndhound; 06 November 2009, 17:44 Friday.

Comment

• VladP
                                    • Feb 2009

Got new beta code today (0067).

The Night button now works on DTHD streams.

The eBass option has now been grayed out in configs where all speakers are crossed over.

Not sure what else they addressed, but I suspect the "turn on audio mute" issue Tesuka mentioned is fixed, too. Since that never happened on my system, I cannot verify any change.
                                    How does one get a beta code?

Comment

• wettou
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • May 2006

Bribery :W

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                        • Sep 2008

I think Classe tries to keep the number to a reasonable minimum so they can deal with the various feedback. I understand there are testers in US and Europe--maybe more. And I hear about feedback covering many other aspects than I have encountered. OTOH, if your unit is giving you an as yet unencountered problem, they'd want to know. That could get you in the door to see if they solved your problem.

What, if any, have you discovered?

Looks like the code will be released to everyone in a couple weeks anyway, so not long.

Comment

• VladP
                                          • Feb 2009

I think Classe tries to keep the number to a reasonable minimum so they can deal with the various feedback. I understand there are testers in US and Europe--maybe more. And I hear about feedback covering many other aspects than I have encountered. OTOH, if your unit is giving you an as yet unencountered problem, they'd want to know. That could get you in the door to see if they solved your problem.

What, if any, have you discovered?

Looks like the code will be released to everyone in a couple weeks anyway, so not long.
                                          So far, I have only one problem with muted analog and coax inputs unless I activate my HDMI player first. Tom did say that the new code will be available soon, but the sooner the better.
                                          Last edited by VladP; 06 November 2009, 23:12 Friday.

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

So far, I have only one problem with muted analog and coax inputs unless I activate my HDMI player first. Tom did say that the new code will be available soon, but the sooner the better.
                                            Only two weeks, I will say this I have been impressed with Classé Customer Service first class. Thanks TOM

Try that with Denon! You are lucky if you get a response, actually the best I got was sir you might want to consider our next model it addresses these issues!!!

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                              • Jul 2008

New problem,

I have a Bell ExpressVu 9220 satellite receiver (about 3 1/2 years old). Unfortunately the video behaviour with the Classe is erratic. Sometimes it works fine; however, often the sound will come on but not the video when I select that input. The satellite input is configured HDMI 1 for video and Optical 1 for audio (it won't work right with all HDMI--probably a receiver fault).

I tried the audio fix (switching to an HDMI connected device and play something) but that does not work for the video. I also tried turning both the TV and satellite receiver off from the remote(s). The only thing that seems to work is to turn the satellite receiver off from the power bar. Obviously this is a bit of a drag.

Any ideas?

On a more satisfying topic, I now have over 200 hours on the SSP-800.

It sounded quite good right out of the box but there have been noticeable improvement with each 100 hours. The initial sound was a bit lightweight but has now become much richer and more developed at the bottom end. There were some gaps in the front soundstage but those are mostly filled in now. There is more height to the sound and the soundstage is more natural across the front, particularly for classical music. There is also definitely more information in the surround channels where needed (e.g. Roxy Music's Avalon SACD). It will definitely be interesting to hear the system with the 800Ds in place and the 802Ds moved to the sides. Apart from the obvious improvements with the 800Ds, the side channels (much more than the rears) are extremely important in any surround mode. I would suspect that the 802Ds will therefore enhance the surround experience even more.

Incidentally, I have reported all of this (and more) to Tom at Classe. I did include the kudos about the sound.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks in advance for any help/comments.

Jim

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                                • Sep 2008

I have a Bell ExpressVu 9220 satellite receiver (about 3 1/2 years old). Unfortunately the video behaviour with the Classe is erratic. Sometimes it works fine; however, often the sound will come on but not the video when I select that input. The satellite input is configured HDMI 1 for video and Optical 1 for audio (it won't work right with all HDMI--probably a receiver fault).
                                                Do you have the option to run the 9220 HDMI directly to the video display? I do that with my DirecTV DVR, and only the S/PDIF audio goes to the SSP. (Well, I also ran composite video to the SSP so I can see the menu's without turning on the PJ.)

If the video display has only 1 HDMI input, and you have to use that to feed BD-->SSP--Video display, then another option is component video from the 9220--Video display.

Maybe a future SW rev will help HDMI work better for you. Hard to say!

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                                  • Jul 2008

Do you have the option to run the 9220 HDMI directly to the video display? I do that with my DirecTV DVR, and only the S/PDIF audio goes to the SSP. (Well, I also ran composite video to the SSP so I can see the menu's without turning on the PJ.)

If the video display has only 1 HDMI input, and you have to use that to feed BD-->SSP--Video display, then another option is component video from the 9220--Video display.

Maybe a future SW rev will help HDMI work better for you. Hard to say!

Srrndhound,

That is what I did with my Lexicon MC-12B. (I have a Pioneer Kuro 6020 with multiple HDMI inputs). However, I would expect a brand new processor to handle this flawlessly by now. Also, I just bought a 6M HDMI cable to run back to the SSP-800 so that I could keep the satellite receiver out of sight, out of mind and (most importantly) out of hearing (all the noises from the hard drive) so it would be a colossal waste to use this for a 1M connection. Your solution would certainly work but the inelegance and the inconvenience of it all really irks me.

I will see what Tom comes up with. Perhaps Classe will get together with ExpressVu and sort things out just as I believe they did with Sony over some of their Blu-ray players.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                    • Dec 2008

Jim,

Tom emailed me this when I asked about the HDMI handshaking problems/delays:

"We are aware that HDMI video muting can occur out of standby and are working towards a solution at the moment. I can only apologize for this inconvenience. New code is scheduled for around the week of November 23rd and I will be in contact when it is released."

Hope this is relevant.

-Hedwig
                                                    Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                                    Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                                                    B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                                                    Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                                                    Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by HedgeHog
                                                      Jim,

Tom emailed me this when I asked about the HDMI handshaking problems/delays:

"We are aware that HDMI video muting can occur out of standby and are working towards a solution at the moment. I can only apologize for this inconvenience. New code is scheduled for around the week of November 23rd and I will be in contact when it is released."

Hope this is relevant.

-Hedwig
                                                      Hedwig,

I knew about (and have experienced) a problem with the audio muting. I did not realize that there was officially a video muting problem.

If that is the case, then as I understand it, Classe has solved the problem and the updated code will be released during the week of November 23. I think this release will also solve the problem of the HOME screen not appearing on the OSD.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                      Search Result for "|||"