X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ryst
    someone got any news info about a blu-ray player from Classé?
    Is it possible they present anything at CEDIA 09 ?

Need a good design match with my ssp-800/ca-m400 8)
    Sorry to say this will likely never happen. Classe' is intent on bettering what they can with pre's/pro's and amplifiers. There are too many variables and options in play with today's sources and content providers for Classe' to make an investment in either way. It's the sad reality of today's trends.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• planitismetal
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RebelMan
      Sorry to say this will likely never happen. Classe' is intent on bettering what they can with pre's/pro's and amplifiers. There are too many variables and options in play with today's sources and content providers for Classe' to make an investment in either way. It's the sad reality of today's trends.

Dum Spiro Spero
      ancient latin (means "While I breathe, I hope" :amen: )

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Vancouver
        This has been confirmed by a beta tester.
        Cool get me one
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

with around 100'000 DVD standard available contra 9'500 in Bluray
          is very hard a new coming from Classe Bluray player from Classe.....

and not only from Classè, all the Big (Krell, Mc, Meridian, HK group,...)
          make the same marketing strategi...

Style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
            • Dec 2002

Goldmund has made one......

14.000 euro's in Europe, there is at least one high-end manufacturer who's building BR players.
            ------------------------------------------------------
            Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

I suggested to Classé to take the New Oppo Universal player upgrade it and encase it in their DVD box it would look nice. :B
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                I suggested to Classé to take the New Oppo Universal player upgrade it and encase it in their DVD box it would look nice. :B

I would so buy that in a heart beat.

Comment

• planitismetal
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
                  Goldmund has made one......

14.000 euro's in Europe, there is at least one high-end manufacturer who's building BR players.

I have seen it in the site, and it is very nice... But, 14.000€ is too much... Yes, it is Goldmund, but....

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by planitismetal
                    I have seen it in the site, and it is very nice... But, 14.000€ is too much... Yes, it is Goldmund, but....
                    If its like previous Goldmund players technically its just panasonic in a Goldmund case.

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

If its like previous Goldmund players technically its just panasonic in a Goldmund case.
                      Yes OEM they all do this at least a lot of them Class D amplification anyone

B&O ICE module, Rotel, BelCanto, Rowland Audio, Linn.....

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Hallo,
                        for the Bluray the road dont go with Classe, Accustic Arts, Plinius, DCS or so big brand...

we have a great Classe pre and amplification but for the movie with have the Pioneer lx91, Denon 3800bd, Sony 5000es and others...

for music well, here we can speak from very state of the art....

Style

Comment

• Nolan B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                          Yes OEM they all do this at least a lot of them Class D amplification anyone

B&O ICE module, Rotel, BelCanto, Rowland Audio, Linn.....
                          yes but one coule argue the a B&O ICE module is worth what Rotel is asking, and itsnot like B&O has an amp you can buy direct from them.

I the case of Goldmond you are just thousands more for something you can get from panasonic.

Comment

• ryst
                            • May 2007

Had to write it. It still pisses me off that Classé don't provide the market with a BD player or at least a transport. I want a silent player, no fans and a quick drive.

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                              • Apr 2005

I think a CD/DVD/BD player from Classe would be a very interesting unit.

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

Hi Mark-n-b,

sure the new Denon player will be no bad...if can all what we read today...

but i s a personally choice

a cd player "turn" not at the same "higher/fast" like a dvd player....
                                (dvd more info inside)

1. cd - sacd for music
                                2. a dvd/ BD player only for movie.

a great dvd player have a different cost from a great cd player!!!
                                if you buy a dvd with a realta chip inside will be not very expensive and give you nice pictures...a CD player (like Nagra, DCS, Esoteris,Ayre, accustic arts)
                                wow the price do very high! (but the performance too)

Style

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by style
                                  Hi Mark-n-b,

sure the new Denon player will be no bad...if can all what we read today...

but i s a personally choice

a cd player "turn" not at the same "higher/fast" like a dvd player....
                                  (dvd more info inside)

1. cd - sacd for music
                                  2. a dvd/ BD player only for movie.

a great dvd player have a different cost from a great cd player!!!
                                  if you buy a dvd with a realta chip inside will be not very expensive and give you nice pictures...a CD player (like Nagra, DCS, Esoteris,Ayre, accustic arts)
                                  wow the price do very high! (but the performance too)

Style
                                  Style,

Sometimes I find your posts a bit difficult to follow - but if I do follow correctly then I believe that you mean that CD (SACD/DVD-A) players should be kept separate from DVD-V/BD players?

I think you are correct, but still I believe that it should be possible to cross over CD, DVD and BD into a single unit and still get outstanding picture and sound quality - not least because some music is supplied on DVD and BD!

Classe did it with their CDP-300 for CD and DVD. As I said, including BD would make a very interesting product in my opinion, even if it was just as a transport!

Comment

• style
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Feb 2006

Hi Mark,

you have correct understand:a cd player ONLY for music and another only for the dvd-bluray....

I have buyed the Pioneer LX91: is a superd dvd/bluray and cd player too!

I say only that a cd player is made ONLY for music = a CD player is built / designed for music CDs.
                                    then the target is to get a super cd player ...

A DVD for DVD and then for the music...
                                    Well we speak from cd-player around $10000.- (from....)
                                    the dvd are not so expensive and give you very great performance: a denon or marantz with realty, silicon,... chip can you have for $. 2000 and the have great pictures.

the Classe CDP/CDT300 is no bad. in the forun we have write a lot over this player...with one SSP800 the CDP in not necessary!: the SSP make all the work. you dont go use the decoder from inside the CDP!!! is like a reserve wheels from auto... if you go make another system in anothe room the CDP is sure more flexible but connect at the SSP you have the same sound from the CDP and CDT!.
                                    I have tested the CDT and CDP but (in Swizerland the price is CDP chf.11750.-/CT chf. 8600.-) and really dont pay so much money spend..

AV-OCD (tim) had a CDP300: sold...with a SSP800and a digital connection (HDMI) but with a analog cables the sound dont change much...

OR?

Style
                                    Last edited by style; 21 January 2009, 04:18 Wednesday.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Sep 2005

I sent an email letting Classe know I would be interested in an universal all digital transport. Maybe if enough people ask they will look into it.

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                        • Apr 2005

Hi Mark,

sorry for my english...
                                        No need to appologise!

Comment

• style
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Feb 2006

Mark,

you have a CDP or CDT 300?

for you (pictures quality) give a performance from a player from
                                          chf. 11750/£.?

you dont think to have better PQ with a player from £. 1000or so like that?

Style

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                            • Apr 2005

Mark,

you have a CDP or CDT 300?

for you (pictures quality) give a performance from a player from
                                            chf. 11750/£.?

you dont think to have better PQ with a player from £. 1000or so like that?

Style
                                            Personally I prefer to have a single source for CD/DVD/BD but I agree totally that buying a better dedicated CD player will yield better results for CD. But this thread is about a Classe BD player and I think they should go ahead and make one since BD is here to stay!

Also, since you mentioned the Denon player, I expect the SQ of CD using that player will be astounding through the XLRs - I think it is going to make some people "realign" their attitude towards the brand.

Mark

Comment

• style
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Feb 2006

Personally I prefer to have a single source for CD/DVD/BD but I agree totally that buying a better dedicated CD player
                                              I agree too...in a part now with the Pioneer LX91 I have very great PQ.
                                              sound from movie is too much differente vs. my "old" Sony bluray player...
                                              This Pioneer LX91 sound with CD music very good too, Ok a Classe CDT/CDP300 will be superior in sound but with SD the classe in not at the level....
                                              from here a separate cd player if you like listen music is not a "muss"/extra"
                                              make sure sense and the differente.
                                              with a "simply" CD player from $. 1000.- you go have better sound.

the new coming Denon (CD.DVD.BR.SACD) xlr,Hdmi,... will be the first really "all in one", before say a "verdict" I will have more info, test, make really all waht promised??? and the same product from other Brand will ve available later fron the Denon but before the release they go make a marketing study...
                                              We climbed the mountain to get readers' high-level , now we have to see the response of consumers.
                                              When you're on top of the mountain take the step that makes you fall it's easy ....Or?
                                              what is your ratio music/movie?
                                              (I make 70/30 movie/music, before was 90/10 but in the last time I listen always more/I have more enjoy the listen cd music...)

Style

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Oppo BDP-83 universal Blu Ray in a Classé Enclosing
                                                Can you find a Classé Shell anywhere?

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                  • Dec 2002

I personally don't believe in High End all in one players.

Results so far indicated that the BR players at this moment are not very great at DVD, not to mention CD play (very bad).

CD player plays an CD as best as it can, a DVD player plays DVD's as best as possible. A all in one player makes always comprises.

I decided to have a dedicated CD player (CDP300) and a later on a high-end BR player. Fot the time being I have a Sony 550 BR player, but I'll play the DVD's on my CDP300.

I wonder when there a BR players who outperform the CDP300. Then I will trade in my Sony.
                                                  ------------------------------------------------------
                                                  Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• style
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Feb 2006

@Blue-Eyes,

I agree with you.
                                                    but the CDP300 is a good sound player but for a pictures dont is better as one Denon3930, pioneer 989, ...--> realta, sylicon chip!
                                                    High end will be 2 channel ONLY music no HT system for my.

with a cdp102 or 202 you have a good sound like or better from your 300.
                                                    a cd player like DCS Puccini, Nagra CDP,...are a high end product.

Style

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • Mar 2005

I sent an email letting Classe know I would be interested in an universal all digital transport. Maybe if enough people ask they will look into it.
                                                      Your are tenacious Nolan I'll say that much for you. :P

I concur with much of the discussion in this post. It would be nice, very nice, to have a Classe' BDP or BDT if for no other reason than esthetics suiting. (I happen to like the Bentley inspired C300 beden. ) But try as one might, it's just not in the cards.

It's not that Classe' can't produce a BDP/BDT it's that they won't. They could rebrand/rebadge some other device and charge a (reasonable $2K-$3K) premium than many would likely be willing to swallow provided that performance doesn't suffer in the process. But while I am disappointed with Classe's choice not to pursue the idea I do understand the business position they've taken at this point in time to justify it.

Whether you agree with it or not Classe' will not choose to do anything just for the sake of doing it or to demonstrate to the high-end crowd that they can. They will only do what they think is right for the times and only when they have some control over the technology that they see is necessary to implement their audio philosophies.

Blu-ray specifications and implementations are very tightly controlled by the consortium that established them. It is this grip on the technology that suppresses boutique companies like Classe' from creating an individual product striking against the core of their business intentions. Taken together with the number of different content provisions and sources like DVD, VOD and Video Streaming it's anybody's guess whether Blu-ray will reach mainstream penetration. Blu-ray is still relatively niche but it is gaining momentum and its future looks promising but its certainty is still a gamble at this point and Classe' isn't willing to bet on it just yet.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Sep 2005

Your are tenacious Nolan I'll say that much for you. :P

I concur with much of the discussion in this post. It would be nice, very nice, to have a Classe' BDP or BDT if for no other reason than esthetics suiting. (I happen to like the Bentley inspired C300 beden. ) But try as one might, it's just not in the cards.

It's not that Classe' can't produce a BDP/BDT it's that they won't. They could rebrand/rebadge some other device and charge a (reasonable $2K-$3K) premium than many would likely be willing to swallow provided that performance doesn't suffer in the process. But while I am disappointed with Classe's choice not to pursue the idea I do understand the business position they've taken at this point in time to justify it.
                                                        The reality is I am just giving Classe the feedback I am sure they value and what most other companies pay to get which is "what do our customers want to buy".

Having said that I complete understand and even more importanly respect the reason Classe is choosing to not make a BD player. Its SO refreshing to hear a CE company respond the way they did.

Hello,
                                                        I am a new Classe customer. I just bought the 5100, and I am looking
                                                        at either getting the SSP 800 or new slightly lesser model should you
                                                        come out with one. I would however like to express my interest in you
                                                        releasing a BD player. I realize that because of the nature of the
                                                        format it may be difficult to create anything better then a PS3, but
                                                        even as a digital transport I would find great value in
                                                        matching my equipment. I am interested in a universal digital
                                                        transport. It would be great if you could rebage and tweek the new
                                                        Oppo player and put it in your shell. If it was purely a digital
                                                        transport with HDMI only I would happily invest 3-4k for this
                                                        product.
                                                        Hopefully you get enough people asking to add it to your future
                                                        plans.

Thank You

Nolan

Hello Nolan

May I first thank you for your investment in our CA-5100. We are
                                                        very proud of it.

Our previous generation of processors did consist of two products,
                                                        the SSP-300 and SSP-600, at different price points. The initial plan
                                                        for our new generation of processors was to copy this strategy but
                                                        it became rapidly clear that technology had advanced in a way that
                                                        made it very difficult to design a high performance processor for
                                                        less than $10,000 US.

We therefore decided to focus on a single, aggressively priced
                                                        processor that would be the best in the world. The result was the
                                                        SSP-800.

In these circumstances, I do not recommend that you delay an
                                                        investment in an SSP-800 in the expectation that we will develop a
                                                        processor at a different price point.

You are very well informed on our Blu Ray strategy and I can confirm
                                                        that this strategy has not changed. We do not intend to develop a
                                                        player.

We value our customers trust and want them to be proud of our
                                                        products. I therefore sincerely hope that you are proud of your
                                                        CA-5100, and that you will take pride in your SSP-800 should you
                                                        chose to invest in one.

However, it would be difficult to be proud of paying $3-4k for a
                                                        $500 player. Furthermore, it would be difficult for me and my
                                                        colleagues to sell such a product to customers who we respect.

We therefore do not intend to rebadge a competitor's product and
                                                        sell it at an inflated price.

I hope this seems reasonable but please do not hesitate to contact
                                                        me with any queries.

Best wishes

Tom

A response like that not only makes me like my Classe purchase more, but has solidified that I will only invest in Classe going froward.

Its amazing how different Classe is from other brands.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2005

The reality is I am just giving Classe the feedback I am sure they value and what most other companies pay to get which is "what do our customers want to buy".
                                                          And you should. I have.

Having said that I complete understand and even more importanly respect the reason Classe is choosing to not make a BD player. Its SO refreshing to hear a CE company respond the way they did.
                                                          I am happy to read that you see that way. As you know it's what I've been saying about Classe' for some time now. BTW, belated congrats on your CA-5100. :T

Comment

• wettou
                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                            • May 2006

I had a very similar response from Classé, they have chosen not to have a blu ray player. May be if and when Blu Ray takes over DVD and that is coming then they might decide to do a blu ray player. But I think that with everything being digital and 1080p resolution they would not be able to improve on the Oppo BDP83. Since HDMi 1.3 allows the Classé SSP-800 to convert the digital signal to analogue there is no need for a high end player in audio a pure transport is sufficient.

March is the new date for the new codec release I sure hope this date is firm and not like when they released the SSP-800 with 4 months delays...
                                                            Last edited by wettou; 24 January 2009, 23:28 Saturday.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Sep 2005

And you should. I have.

I am happy to read that you see that way. As you know it's what I've been saying about Classe' for some time now.
                                                              Its true you have. I have never believed in the "value" some other brands are trying to push. I would however be willing to support a brand like classe because of their honesty, performance and build quality. If you really think about it thou it doesnt make sense for Classe to make a BD player as much as i want them to.

BTW, belated congrats on your CA-5100. :T
                                                              Thanks!...Its easily the best piece I have bought for my HT. I find it to be the best value I have invested in.

As I said before I have decided to only buy classe from now on.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Aug 2003

Its true you have. I have never believed in the "value" some other brands are trying to push. I would however be willing to support a brand like classe because of their honesty, performance and build quality. If you really think about it thou it doesnt make sense for Classe to make a BD player as much as i want them to.

Thanks!...Its easily the best piece I have bought for my HT. I find it to be the best value I have invested in.

As I said before I have decided to only buy classe from now on.
                                                                Fanboy! :T

j/k. :B

welcome to the club of believers. I am very greatful to Classe for their level of service. That goes a very long way in my book. The fact that I can communicate to them in a very open way is refreshing. I feel like they care about their customers and everything they do is done with careful thought and great pride in delivering the best product they can. Few companies have this level of service. Dave has said on many occasions that they welcome their customers to contact them for any reason. They have a very open door policy in that way.
                                                                I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• beden1
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Oct 2006

I concur with much of the discussion in this post. It would be nice, very nice, to have a Classe' BDP or BDT if for no other reason than esthetics suiting. (I happen to like the Bentley inspired C300 beden. )
                                                                  To each their own. I just prefer things that are not trying to be something they are not! :takecover:

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by beden1
                                                                    To each their own. I just prefer things that are not trying to be something they are not! :takecover:
                                                                    Cliche' as it is imitation is the highest form of flattery but I agree there is something to be said about originality. Preferences go hand in hand with exceptions. :W

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Sep 2005

Blu-ray specifications and implementations are very tightly controlled by the consortium that established them. It is this grip on the technology that suppresses boutique companies like Classe' from creating an individual product striking against the core of their business intentions. Taken together with the number of different content provisions and sources like DVD, VOD and Video Streaming it's anybody's guess whether Blu-ray will reach mainstream penetration. Blu-ray is still relatively niche but it is gaining momentum and its future looks promising but its certainty is still a gamble at this point and Classe' isn't willing to bet on it just yet.
                                                                      I just re-read your post and had a question. When you say the "BD specs and implementations are very tightly controlled" What specifically do you mean by that and how does that suppress boutique companies?

Are you saying that if the specs werent so tightly controlled a boutique companies like Classe could make a BDP or BDT that could/would be noticeably better then a PS3?

Comment

Working...
                                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                      Search Result for "|||"