X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmccombs
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ShadowZA
    Just a quick note on Stacey Kent ... and this is for RebelMan too. Imho, this is her best recording to date: see post 919 from this thread: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...=18807&page=27

This CD is a compilation taken from her previous albums. I have not been able to last 2 days without putting this one in the deck. :T
    I recently got back into Vinyl, so I picked up the Stacey Kent - Dreamsville. I got to tell you Classe amps do amazing things with female vocals. The vinyl is full and rich, and the Classe amps make it the best of it. The Very best of Diana Krall also sounded spectacular on vinyl.

Another audio friend was over. He had been considering getting a Pass Labs .5 amp. He really enjoyed Stacey Kent on the Classe amps though. Now he is leaning towards the Classe. Both are good amps, but he is also into female vocalists.

Darrell
    Last edited by dmccombs; 21 July 2008, 17:28 Monday.

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ShadowZA
      Just a quick note on Stacey Kent ... and this is for RebelMan too. Imho, this is her best recording to date: see post 919 from this thread: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...=18807&page=27
      Thanks for the tip Shadow. She's on the list! :T
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by dmccombs
        I got to tell you Classe amps do amazing things with female vocals. The vinyl is full and rich, and the Classe amps make it the best of it. The Very best of Diana Krall also sounded spectacual on vinyl.
        I agree, the ladies do shine.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• ShadowZA
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
          Thanks for the tip Shadow. She's on the list! :T
          My pleasure, RebelMan.

Comment

• beden1
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2006

Well Rebleman, I have got to do some listening, and I am a happy camper. I put on the Kelly Sweet CD and melted away for a while. The CA-M400s are doing a great job with the rest of my music collection as well.

I still am looking at getting Stacey Kent. Do you have any other music suggestions? I want to give the CA-M400s a good workout. :T

Darrell
            It's been a while now, and I am still waiting for your review on the CAM-400's versus the CAM-350's.

Thanks

Comment

• dmccombs
              • Sep 2006

Hmm, I checked through the thread here and didn't see any promise of the review you are demanding. Can you refresh my memory? :huh:

Comment

• beden1
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2006

Hmm, I checked through the thread here and didn't see any promise of the review you are demanding. Can you refresh my memory? :huh:
                Cordially requesting, not demanding! Inquiring minds have the desire to learn. :B

Comment

• dmccombs
                  • Sep 2006

Cordially requesting? That was more like a wife cordially requesting for her husband to take out the trash. "I'm still waiting"...

If someone is going to ask me for something in that fashion, she better be putting out, and be damn cute... :yesnod:

Comment

• beden1
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Oct 2006

Cordially requesting? That was more like a wife cordially requesting for her husband to take out the trash. "I'm still waiting"...

If someone is going to ask me for something in that fashion, she better be putting out, and be damn cute... :yesnod:
                    Sorry I didn't ask you in a fashion that you demand! Thanks anyway.
                    Last edited by beden1; 05 September 2008, 02:18 Friday.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"