X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ashram
    • May 2007

Nuforce VS Classé

who with an experiment of a nuforce réf9 or 9SE vs Classé ?

which is the verdict?? ??
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I had a nuforce ref9, and now I have the classe ca-3200. if all you ever do is watch movies, the ref9 is fine. if you listen to music, the classe if far more involving, embracing and clean.

the ref9 has plenty of width, but lacks the depth of the classe amps, or the BAT amp I also compared against it.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• yannparis
      • May 2007

I agree,

It is not fair to compare a good linear amplifier ( Classe Audio for ex) and a Class D amplifier.
      Any designer ( How many in this world?) able to build a good class D amplifier ( low output impedance, low dist at any frequence, EMC, ...) is able to build a much better linear amplifier. Look at Halcro Reference vs Halcro Lyrus Class D or ARC Reference vs ARC class T.

Regards

Yann

Comment

• Kenobi
        • Apr 2008

Nuforce Ref 9V2 SE

Hi Sikoniko,

If you audition the Nuforce Ref 9V2 SE in a carefully set up system, it'll blow away the Classe. Be it soundstage width or depth, or pretty much any parameter, you'll be in for a treat. This isn't your regular ref 9 from times past.

Kenobi

Comment

• nyny
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kenobi
          Hi Sikoniko,

If you audition the Nuforce Ref 9V2 SE in a carefully set up system, it'll blow away the Classe. Be it soundstage width or depth, or pretty much any parameter, you'll be in for a treat. This isn't your regular ref 9 from times past.

Kenobi
          Wow..."blow away" is a pretty strong statement, especially in the A/V arena in which personal taste often dictates what's considered "better".
          Tony

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

I'm going to have to argue against that blown away comment my self. Class D is a very different sound and A LOT of people do not like it.

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

I have tried the Rotel 1092 and didn't like the sound, it uses ICEPower 500W
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Well, coming into a club for one manufacturer saying another manufacturer will blow it away, regardless of analog or digital, your could get slammed pretty hard. The Classe' regulars had a lot of "class" not displacing the poster's head from his shoulders. With 2 posts both about NF, seems like he perhaps had an agenda here.
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"