This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moonlightdrive21
    • Dec 2005

Good lord!! I wish I had the money some of you guys have!!! Amazing systems!!

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Matt M.
      Consequently, I encourage anyone to do the comparison, to make up its own mind.
      I think it is great that we are all passionate about Classe' but even they are bound by the rules of physics. Unfortunately, I do not have the wherewithal to conduct the experiment that you and Fred have so I am unable to concur or object to either one's observation that vertically bi-amping a pair of CA-2200s outperforms a pair of bi-wired CA-M400s with a pair of 800D and/or 801D.

However, given what I do know about the CA-M400 and the current demands of the 800D depicted in the impedance curves I would suspect some amount of psycho-acoustics was involved in the results of your test. Perhaps you or Fred could further enlighten us on the details and conditions of the experiment? How was it carried out?
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• PavelL
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
        However, given what I do know about the CA-M400 and the current demands of the 800D depicted in the impedance curves I would suspect some amount of psycho-acoustics was involved in the results of your test. Perhaps you or Fred could further enlighten us on the details and conditions of the experiment? How was it carried out?
        I heard these amps operate in class A for upto 1/3 of rated power, yet given the impedance curves are you sure it stays in class A regardless of awkward imped. swings? So there might be an explanation for the superiority of this biamp confuguration...

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PavelL
          I heard these amps operate in class A for upto 1/3 of rated power, yet given the impedance curves are you sure it stays in class A regardless of awkward imped. swings? So there might be an explanation for the superiority of this biamp confuguration...
          Not likely. The speakers are designed with passive crossovers, the full frequency spectrum will be amplified and fed to both networks regardless. There is a greater propensity to exceed Class-A mode with a bi-amped configuration using a pair of CA-2200 than a pair of bi-wired CA-M400 because half the RMS power and less current reserves are available to the former. However, the argument might be true of active crossovers systems but that hypothesis is irrelevant here.
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• fredBelgium
            • Jun 2007

Hello Rebelman,

The three experiment that I could make are unrolled in Paris (France) at Espace Cinema, in Brussels (Belgium) at New Music and finally at B&W Belgium (the importer). The worse part being at New Music and best at B&W Belgium. Part, in this case, entirely studied. We have, in the three cases, fact of comparative listenings on the basis of 801D/800D and this on the CAM-400 x2 and the CA-2200 x2. We also made a listening by putting two CAM-400 on the low register and 1 CA-2200 on the acute medium/aigu.
            The importer Luc Vanderheyden had never made this experiment and listened only on CAM-400. We thus spent a good moment in company of the CAM-400 before passing on the configuration 2x CA-2200. It was really impressed by the musical quality of the 2 CA-2200 and their sound impact. Very near to the overall better CAM-400 but on the whole of listening. It was a very good surprise for him.
            Attention, to put two CA-2200 into horizontal does not function very well. We thus speak well about vertical. The person who us with advised this type of connection is Philippe Muller. Sound engineer having his own studio of recording of classical music and jazz in France in Besancon. Here bond Internet of its studio…

You can, if you want it, write a message on this subject, of my share, and it will give you better than given them to us technical which explains the reasons of these results.

Frederic. :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"