X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chasw98
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Updating SSP 30 to MK II

Does anyone know if Classe will still update the SSP 30 to an SSP 30 MK II? And if they will, any idea of cost? Thanks.

Chuck

EDIT - Never mind, I called Classe and they said that they no longer have the parts to upgrade an original SSP 30 to a MK II model.
    Last edited by chasw98; 31 January 2007, 11:30 Wednesday.

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by mrohde
      Where is a good place to see pricing for Classe gear?
      Call or e-mail customer service and ask for a current Delta series price list.

Comment

• scanido
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ChrisssB
        scanido: Sure m8, when I get'em (drool) i'll give detailed description of how 804S sing in the company of cp-500 & ca-2200.
        By the brief audition i did in Athens I'll give you my first impression:
        clarity, think about crystal clear clarity, no veil, no fog (before that audition, I thought my 804S where as clear as it gets but naaah)! Details that I knew they where there in the mix, now they where more easily (and at the same time natural) pointed! Music presentation was layer upon layer, every note, instrument, voice had their own space but music was one! Tibre and harmonics was awsome (very natural) 2! I was truly amazed!
        The story is that as I live in a small town, where one has not lots of chances to test many hi end stuff so I took a week off work, went to Athens and listened to some great setups (from Burmester, Symponic Line, Acapela -VERY impresive- ASR Emitter I, Gryphon etc.). I can tell you that after all that, I am more assured than ever about the system I'm forming.
        Thanks ChrisssB,

Your experience makes me even more excited to hear my speakers with proper gear!

Looking forward to your formal evaluation. Pics would be great as well!

Comment

• clewlor
          • Dec 2006

SSP new operating software

Hi all,

Got a question - I successfully downloaded the new software for my SSP-300 and it went well. However, after the install my Harmony 880 remote has trouble communicating with it (it was fine before). When pressing volume or input changes, the SSP will sometimes react and sometimes not, or it will be delayed. Again, before the new operating software, it worked perfectly. I have even received a new 880 (for a different reason - buttons kept falling off), and it has the same issue. Has anyone heard of this happening? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!
          clewlor

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

I don't have a windows remote, but I do have a learning remote. I can tell you that until I used the display to teach my remote, I could never get it to work consistantly..
            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• kpodolski
              • Jun 2006

I have a SSP-600 with the updated software and I use an older Marantz remote, the RC5200, without any problems. Most of the remote codes I took right from the IR out on the SSP-600 with no issues.
              The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                • Dec 2005

Worth Upgrading my Classe Electronics???

Fellas:

I have a 10 year old Classe CA200 power amp and CP50 preamp to go with my B&W 802D's. Are the newer Classe electronics dramatically better, thereby worth a very expensive upgrade? I know the way to judge is to listen for myself, but I wanted to know what your opinions are if you are familar with the Classe stuff.

Thanks,
                Dave

Comment

• sikoniko
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by moonlightdrive21
                  Fellas:

I have a 10 year old Classe CA200 power amp and CP50 preamp to go with my B&W 802D's. Are the newer Classe electronics dramatically better, thereby worth a very expensive upgrade? I know the way to judge is to listen for myself, but I wanted to know what your opinions are if you are familar with the Classe stuff.

Thanks,
                  Dave
                  I spoke briefly to someone from classe about buying older stuff and he said that their previous products are good, but their newest line reaches a level that they truely hold in the highest regard and are very proud of.

Comment

• Eliav
                    • Jul 2005

Hi guys

caught a glimpse at a hi-fi magazine with their editor's top 10 hi Fi choices, guess what ? Classe won for the cd player ( cdp202)and power amps
                    ( CAM400), I think they gave thumbs up to the new Audio-Research preamp, and mentioned the new krell evo amps. Speakers winning brands were B&W 800 ( all d series withh the 800d being the jewel) and if i got it right another brand that utilizes diamond ( avalon? or revelation or something of a kind)... anyhow, good to hear the editor's ears heard what we all know for a while....
                    Eliav
                    :T Socrat

Comment

• Glen B
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jul 2004

Are the newer Classe electronics dramatically better, thereby worth a very expensive upgrade? I know the way to judge is to listen for myself, but I wanted to know what your opinions are if you are familar with the Classe stuff.

Thanks,
                      Dave
                      I think you sort of answered your own question. Audition the newer electronics with 802Ds and see if the difference in performance justifies the cost to YOU.

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Glen B
                        I think you sort of answered your own question. Audition the newer electronics with 802Ds and see if the difference in performance justifies the cost to YOU.

Glen:

I appreciate the advice and your good intentions.

No disrespect intended, but in general, the majority of questions on audiophile forums can be given the same standard answer, which is "go listen for yourself and judge for ourself".

This answer adds no value to people. Again, please don't be upset by my comment. Why can't people ask forum members for their opinions based on their experiences without getting this standard answer? It's just crazy to me.

We all know that every ear, room, setup, music taste, etc. is different, so there is no reason for people to restate the obvious, which is that listening for yourself will be the best test. That does not mean that people can't share opinions and experiences. In my view, that's why these forums are so great.

Sincerely,
                        Dave

Comment

• Glen B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Jul 2004

Did I say people should not ask for opinions ?

Comment

• Kobus
                            • Aug 2005

"go listen for yourself and judge for ourself".
                            Dave
                            And couple that with the fact that most of us have not got the luxury to audition.

Kobus

Comment

• SMB
                              • Dec 2006

Really happy with the product!

Hi everyone,

I ended up getting the SSP-600 and the 5100 to go with 803D fronts, HTM2D center and 805S surrounds. My viewing area is 13' x 15' with about a 10' distance from the seating area to the fronts and center.

I bought everything (speakers and electronics) at the same time, did the basic connections two weeks ago and everything sounds great!

My question is: Does anyone have good recommendations for settings? I am not the most expereinced tweaker, so I'm not sure if I've set everything to optimize performance. I currently have a Toshiba HD-A2 player connected to the SSP-600 with a toslink optical cable (though I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade to the XA2)

Will the 600 automatically detect the best settings for DVDs, or should I make sure it is set a particular way? I'm using Apollo-13 (HD-DVD) as my test DVD.

Looking forward to your responses and am hoping to put up some pics soon!

Comment

• RebelMan
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Eliav
                                Hi guys

caught a glimpse at a hi-fi magazine with their editor's top 10 hi Fi choices, guess what ? Classe won for the cd player ( cdp202)and power amps
                                ( CAM400), I think they gave thumbs up to the new Audio-Research preamp, and mentioned the new krell evo amps. Speakers winning brands were B&W 800 ( all d series withh the 800d being the jewel) and if i got it right another brand that utilizes diamond ( avalon? or revelation or something of a kind)... anyhow, good to hear the editor's ears heard what we all know for a while....
                                Eliav
                                Which one Eliav?
                                "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SMB
                                  Hi everyone,

I ended up getting the SSP-600 and the 5100 to go with 803D fronts, HTM2D center and 805S surrounds. My viewing area is 13' x 15' with about a 10' distance from the seating area to the fronts and center.

I bought everything (speakers and electronics) at the same time, did the basic connections two weeks ago and everything sounds great!

My question is: Does anyone have good recommendations for settings? I am not the most expereinced tweaker, so I'm not sure if I've set everything to optimize performance.
                                  Congrats SMB on your new system! Can you be more specific about the settings you have in mind or the information you are looking for? Are we talking movies, music or both? How are your speakers setup? Do you have a subwoofer? Do you have an SPL meter?
                                  "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• SMB
                                    • Dec 2006

Thanks Rebelman,

I'm going to be using it mainly for HT (80/20). I don't have a sub because the speakers alone shake the floor if turned up "too loud". I have an apartment on the second floor of a two story building, and my neighbors downstairs can already feel the speakers, so I'm going to hold off on the sub until I get a house.

I don't have an SPL meter, but used the microphone that came with the Classes. Should I also get a meter?

For configuration:

f--2'--c--2'--f (fronts angled in slightly to center seat of couch)
                                    :
                                    10'
                                    :
                                    s-3'-couch-3'-s (surrounds facing in to center seat of couch)

Room constraints limit the positioning of the surrounds to the current set up

Comment

• sikoniko
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by SMB
                                      Hi everyone,

My question is: Does anyone have good recommendations for settings? I am not the most expereinced tweaker, so I'm not sure if I've set everything to optimize performance. I currently have a Toshiba HD-A2 player connected to the SSP-600 with a toslink optical cable (though I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade to the XA2)

Will the 600 automatically detect the best settings for DVDs, or should I make sure it is set a particular way? I'm using Apollo-13 (HD-DVD) as my test DVD.

Looking forward to your responses and am hoping to put up some pics soon!
                                      Congrats on your purchase! I'm curious on your choice of the 5100 for the 803d's. Would you comment on this? did you a/b the 5200, or any of the 200 W amps for these speakers or was the decision mainly due to fiscal responsability? If you did a/b them, would you comment on the differences you noticed and how you came to the decision to go to the 5100?

btw,

I'd love to see pics your your setup!
                                      Thanks,
                                      Dan

Comment

• scanido
                                        • Apr 2006

That goes for me as well. I'd like your consensus on why the 5100 as i'm looking at this amp myself and am skeptical to think it would be enough for a 804S/HTM3S setup.

Comment

• Eliav
                                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
                                          Which one Eliav?
                                          Not sure, I was in Barnes & Nobel to get a cup of coffee, I was extremely short of time but could not resist taking a look at some HiFi magazines, and as I was on my way out I caught a glimpse of that article. I want to say it was either
                                          "hifi chioice" or "what HiFi". not sure though. it definitely made me proud !
                                          Eliav

Comment

• SMB
                                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                            Congrats on your purchase! I'm curious on your choice of the 5100 for the 803d's. Would you comment on this? did you a/b the 5200, or any of the 200 W amps for these speakers or was the decision mainly due to fiscal responsability? If you did a/b them, would you comment on the differences you noticed and how you came to the decision to go to the 5100?

btw,

I'd love to see pics your your setup!
                                            Thanks,
                                            Dan

The decision to go with the 5100 over the 5200 was due mainly to maintain some semblance of fiscal responsibility. Because I bought everything in my setup at once (speakers, electronics, dvd player, tv, a/v furniture, cables, wiring, etc.) you can imagine what kind of hit my savings account took (one word for any kids I may have: "Scholarships").

Hence, I settled on a budget and stick with it. I decided to upgrade on either the pre/pro or the amp, and decided to go for the higher end pre/pro.

I auditioned the 5100 and 5200 and decided that the additional power didn't make a difference to my ears at the levels I'd be listening to for the next year or so (based on the dimensions of the living room in my apartment).

Also, I have the option of exchanging the 5100 for full value within a year should I decide to upgrade to the 5200. If I stick with the 5100 past a year, I figured I could eventually get separate amps for the fronts.

All in all, I trusted my dealer's recomendation that the better pre/pro was much more important and that the 5100 would be perfectly adequate for the 803ds. I don't remember the exact technical explanation but he said that "100 watts per channel" from a Classe amp is more powerful than 100 watts per channel from other amps because of the way the power is measured and distributed in the Classe.

All in all,I think everything sounds pretty fantastic with the 5100!

Here are some quick pics. As you can see I still need to do some serious cable management
                                            Attached Files

Comment

• Kobus
                                              • Aug 2005

SMB, I think you made wise choices.

Your setup looks good.

Kobus

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by SMB
                                                Here are some quick pics. As you can see I still need to do some serious cable management
                                                Great looking setup. thanks for the pics!

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Aug 2003

my copy of stereophile magazine finally came today!

Comment

• Kobus
                                                    • Aug 2005

For those that have not got access to Stereophile, I see that Kal's review of the 3200 is on the Classe website. There are some other new reviews as well.

I am surprised that the magazines "release" the reviews so quickly.

Kobus

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                                                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kobus
                                                      For those that have not got access to Stereophile, I see that Kal's review of the 3200 is on the Classe website. There are some other new reviews as well.

I am surprised that the magazines "release" the reviews so quickly.

Kobus
                                                      I think it's cool that the 3200 is compared to a 2-channel $10,500.oo amplifier...

3200 = one more channel ... 1/2 the price .... 99.5% of the performance ...

Hmmm... I'm happy

-

Comment

• Eliav
                                                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SMB
                                                        The decision to go with the 5100 over the 5200 was due mainly to maintain some semblance of fiscal responsibility. Because I bought everything in my setup at once (speakers, electronics, dvd player, tv, a/v furniture, cables, wiring, etc.) you can imagine what kind of hit my savings account took (one word for any kids I may have: "Scholarships").

Hence, I settled on a budget and stick with it. I decided to upgrade on either the pre/pro or the amp, and decided to go for the higher end pre/pro.

I auditioned the 5100 and 5200 and decided that the additional power didn't make a difference to my ears at the levels I'd be listening to for the next year or so (based on the dimensions of the living room in my apartment).

Also, I have the option of exchanging the 5100 for full value within a year should I decide to upgrade to the 5200. If I stick with the 5100 past a year, I figured I could eventually get separate amps for the fronts.

All in all, I trusted my dealer's recomendation that the better pre/pro was much more important and that the 5100 would be perfectly adequate for the 803ds. I don't remember the exact technical explanation but he said that "100 watts per channel" from a Classe amp is more powerful than 100 watts per channel from other amps because of the way the power is measured and distributed in the Classe.

All in all,I think everything sounds pretty fantastic with the 5100!

Very nice setup, enjoy !
                                                        may i ask, why do you keep your speakers so close to the wall ? do you like the sound better this way ? are you getting a good 3d imaging ? IMHO, you can get much more of your system with different placement of your speakers..
                                                        Eliav

Comment

• SMB
                                                          • Dec 2006

Very nice setup, enjoy !
                                                          may i ask, why do you keep your speakers so close to the wall ? do you like the sound better this way ? are you getting a good 3d imaging ? IMHO, you can get much more of your system with different placement of your speakers..
                                                          Eliav
                                                          I don't have many placement options for the speakers. The viewing area is roughly 13'x18' and the tv, speakers, etc. are along a 9' wall. To the left and right of the 9' wall are openings to different rooms, so that's as wide as I could place them. I can't bring them further away from the wall because there is only 10' from the face of the fronts to the couch.

So, back to my original question, I think my Classe configuration is a bit off. When I play a SD-DVD the audio experience is incredible (I tested battles scenes from LOTR II and the opening scene from House of Flying Daggers). However, when I pop in an HD-DVD (Apollo 13 or Superman Returns), I have to turn the volume higher, and it just doesn't sound as good.

I'm using a Toshiba XA-2 with a digital toslink (for now).

This doesn't make much sense to me since I thought HD-DVD would have better audio capabilities.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for all of your compliments!

Comment

• ChrisssB
                                                            • Feb 2006

Congrats about your new setup SMB :-)
                                                            Maybe you should try an optical instead of toshlink. I know toshling is supposed to sound a bit better but there's maybe not enough bandwidth as in optical. I read in my yamaha az-1 av amp manual that optical can carry more channels than toshlink. So maybe your hi rez HD-DVD needs more bandwidth.
                                                            Check also the menus of your HD-DVD, there is maybe some adjustment or setting up you need to do.
                                                            Regards Chris

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by SMB
                                                              I don't have many placement options for the speakers. The viewing area is roughly 13'x18' and the tv, speakers, etc. are along a 9' wall. To the left and right of the 9' wall are openings to different rooms, so that's as wide as I could place them. I can't bring them further away from the wall because there is only 10' from the face of the fronts to the couch.

So, back to my original question, I think my Classe configuration is a bit off. When I play a SD-DVD the audio experience is incredible (I tested battles scenes from LOTR II and the opening scene from House of Flying Daggers). However, when I pop in an HD-DVD (Apollo 13 or Superman Returns), I have to turn the volume higher, and it just doesn't sound as good.

I'm using a Toshiba XA-2 with a digital toslink (for now).

This doesn't make much sense to me since I thought HD-DVD would have better audio capabilities.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for all of your compliments!
                                                              I have the ssp-600 and toshiba x-a1, so I can comment on this.

Recently, I have compared using the analog audio out, vs an SPDIF cable for HDDVD. My findings are as follows:

1. HDDVD is is -20db to your other sources. That means, that you will need to turn the volume up to 85db to get an equivalent of 65db on SDDVD. I have gone as high as 95db with no issues on the SSP.

2. I do not recommend using the analog audio outputs on the HDDVD player. The LFE channel is -10db to the others. I tested the two, and concluded that using the DTS conversion was equal to the native LPCM format in all ways, except you get the added bass as well. So my decision was to use the SPDIF cable.

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                                                                • Dec 2005

I am considering a Classe SSP 300 or 600 processor/preamp for high-end 2 channel audio and for multichannel DVD's.

For those of you who have either of them or know about them, how do they compare with the competition? What others have you compared them with and what were your findings?

Are there any "faceoff" articles out there that you can point me to?

Sound quality over features is most important to me.

Another big question for me is: Is the SSP 600 noticeably much better in "sound quality" than the SSP 300 for straight 2 channel audio listening and worth the extra $2000? How is the sound better?

Thanks very much !!
                                                                Dave
                                                                Last edited by moonlightdrive21; 08 February 2007, 12:48 Thursday.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Aug 2003

I am considering a Classe SSP 300 or 600 processor/preamp for high-end 2 channel audio and for multichannel DVD's.

For those of you who have either of them or know about them, how do they compare with the competition? What others have you compared them with and what were your findings?

Are there any "faceoff" articles out there that you can point me to?

Sound quality over features is most important to me.

Another big question for me is: Is the SSP 600 noticeably much better in "sound quality" than the SSP 300 for straight 2 channel audio listening and worth the extra $2000? How is the sound better?

Thanks very much !!
                                                                  Dave
                                                                  I have not a/b'd the SSP-300 against the 600, but the reason to get the SSP-600 is for the integrated 2ch balanced pre. The two are nearly identical, with this exception. If two channel is important to you, you should only consider the SSP-600.

I am very happy with mine, but you have to have a CDP that has balanced outputs to utilize this feature.

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Dec 2005

I have not a/b'd the SSP-300 against the 600, but the reason to get the SSP-600 is for the integrated 2ch balanced pre. The two are nearly identical, with this exception. If two channel is important to you, you should only consider the SSP-600.

I am very happy with mine, but you have to have a CDP that has balanced outputs to utilize this feature.
                                                                    Thanks!! Two channel is EXTREMELY important to me (CD only, no vinyl).

So, if I am not connecting the CD Player (how about power amp) via balanced connections, then I would not be getting the benefits of the dedicated analog 2 channel section/power supply of the machine that I'm paying an extra $2000 for? Can't you connect via interconnects and still obtain the audio benefits of the 600 over the 300?

I have a Classe CP50 traditional 2 channel preamp (10 years old) and was wondering if the 300 or 600 would provide for better sound quality for straigt two channel audio listening. I was wondering what others might think of this based on their listening experiences.

Thanks,
                                                                    Dave
                                                                    Last edited by moonlightdrive21; 08 February 2007, 15:21 Thursday.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2003

Thanks!! Two channel is EXTREMELY important to me (CD only, no vinyl).

So, if I am not connecting the CD Player (how about power amp) via balanced connections, then I would not be getting the benefits of the dedicated analog 2 channel section/power supply of the machine that I'm paying an extra $2000 for?
                                                                      correct. You don't need your amps hooked up via balanced, but it would be recommended. The pre/pro runs in balanced mode, so it will convert the signal internally.

Can't you connect via interconnects and still obtain the audio benefits of the 600 over the 300?
                                                                      Dave
                                                                      For multi-channel, it will be the same, but not for 2 channel. The 2ch is comparable to the CP-500 pre. I can't comment on legacy stuff.

Dan

Comment

• RobP
                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                        • Nov 2004

I hoping maybe you guys can help with this question in Club B&W, Rebelman???

Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Dec 2005

Used Equipment Pricing

I'm trying to determine how much I could get in the used marketplace if I sell my Classe CP50 preamp (about 7 years old). Any suggestions on how to figure out about much cash I could get??

Thanks!

Comment

• Kobus
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Aug 2005
                                                                            • 402

Not easy.

For a current model you can subtract +- 30-35% of the current price.

So for an older model I suppose you must subtract +-50%.

My guess.

Kobus

Comment

• chasw98
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Jan 2006
                                                                              • 1360

I'm trying to determine how much I could get in the used marketplace if I sell my Classe CP50 preamp (about 7 years old). Any suggestions on how to figure out about much cash I could get??

Thanks!
                                                                              I just purchased an SSP30 MK II on gon for $1,350.00. That unit retailed for $3,000 in 2003. There is a CP35 and a Model 5 on ebay right now.

Chuck

Comment

• Glen B
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Jul 2004
                                                                                • 1106

Thanks!
                                                                                CP-50s in mint condition with remote and manual sell on Audiogon for around $900-$950. That's $50-$100 more than Bluebook.

Glen

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Dec 2005
                                                                                  • 164

Originally posted by Glen B
                                                                                  CP-50s in mint condition with remote and manual sell on Audiogon for around $900-$950. That's $50-$100 more than Bluebook.

Glen
                                                                                  Thanks everyone !!

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Dec 2005
                                                                                    • 164

Classe Pricing

What's a good price to pay for a new Classe SSP 300?

Or, in general with new Classe electronics, what would be considered a very good discount percentage off of list price from a dealer?

Thanks!!
                                                                                    Dave

Comment

• Eliav
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Jul 2005
                                                                                      • 484

What's a good price to pay for a new Classe SSP 300?

Or, in general with new Classe electronics, what would be considered a very good discount percentage off of list price from a dealer?

Thanks!!
                                                                                      Dave
                                                                                      Hi
                                                                                      depending on how much money you had spent with a dealer before, the more you did, the better trust and credit you earn with him. in this case i would say 30% and even more discount on Classe (new) is realistic.
                                                                                      BTW, if you really are interested in dedicated two channel system, I would recommend the cp700 stereo pre. Top pre amp IMHO, I think it worth the investment.

Eliav

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Dec 2005
                                                                                        • 164

Hi
                                                                                        depending on how much money you had spent with a dealer before, the more you did, the better trust and credit you earn with him. in this case i would say 30% and even more discount on Classe (new) is realistic.
                                                                                        BTW, if you really are interested in dedicated two channel system, I would recommend the cp700 stereo pre. Top pre amp IMHO, I think it worth the investment.

Eliav
                                                                                        30% !!!! Wow!!!

Have the rest of you Classe owners also received between 20 and 30% discounts on your Classe electronics?

I was offered 15% from a dealer (after spending lots of money on other items) and thought that was real good. I guess I was wrong??

Eliav, thanks for the recommendation on the preamp. Unless the 700 is *MUCH* better than the SSP300, it will be tough for me to pass up the SSP300 because you get an SSP also. I have yet to hear from someone who have compared them who could describe the differences.

Thanks!
                                                                                        Dave

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Aug 2003
                                                                                          • 2299

30% !!!! Wow!!!

Have the rest of you Classe owners also received between 20 and 30% discounts on your Classe electronics?

I was offered 15% from a dealer (after spending lots of money on other items) and thought that was real good. I guess I was wrong??

Eliav, thanks for the recommendation on the preamp. Unless the 700 is *MUCH* better than the SSP300, it will be tough for me to pass up the SSP300 because you get an SSP also. I have yet to hear from someone who have compared them who could describe the differences.

Thanks!
                                                                                          Dave
                                                                                          I think 30% would be the exception...

the ssp300 has no 2 channel bypass. If you want 2 ch and ht, you need to go to the SSP600.

Right now, I have the CDP-100, SSP-600 and a BAT vk250 (on loan for the weekend). All I can say is that this is an amazing sounding setup. I don't plan on keeping the BAT, as I need 3 channels and will be getting a ca-3200, but I wanted to hear how it would sound in my system. All I can say is amazing.

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Dec 2005
                                                                                            • 164

I think 30% would be the exception...

the ssp300 has no 2 channel bypass. If you want 2 ch and ht, you need to go to the SSP600.

Right now, I have the CDP-100, SSP-600 and a BAT vk250 (on loan for the weekend). All I can say is that this is an amazing sounding setup. I don't plan on keeping the BAT, as I need 3 channels and will be getting a ca-3200, but I wanted to hear how it would sound in my system. All I can say is amazing.
                                                                                            Sounds like an amazing setup. You must be having some serious fun this weekend. Have you compared the SSP 600 to high end two channel amps for CD listening? If so, what have you found?

My understanding is that the SSP 300 does have 2 channel bypass. But the only difference is that the SSP 600 has a separate power supply for 2 channel and allows for balanced inputs. Now I'm not sure what the reality is. :roll:

Are you positive that the 300 can't do two channel bypass? Doesn't almost every high end SSP allow for 2 channel bypass?

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"