X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PACKYDYRM
    • Sep 2012

I need some advice folks.

Hey Folks I hope all is well. I am getting my statement build started... finally. I also have secured the WAF (most important). I know that I will do the 5.1 build but my dilemma is should I use mini statements for my fronts or should I go with the monitor style. I was also toying with the idea of using the center statement speaker design as my fronts. If I do, will I have to use the crossover network from the mini statements or will the crossover from the center channel design work. I would appreciate any advice or thoughts. I have the Emotiva umc-1, and the xpa-5 as well as the 15 inch HSU sub. I am going to get the MDF this weekend to get started on my rear monitors.
    "LEAD,FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY"
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PACKYDYRM
    Hey Folks I hope all is well. I am getting my statement build started... finally. I also have secured the WAF (most important). I know that I will do the 5.1 build but my dilemma is should I use mini statements for my fronts or should I go with the monitor style. I was also toying with the idea of using the center statement speaker design as my fronts. If I do, will I have to use the crossover network from the mini statements or will the crossover from the center channel design work. I would appreciate any advice or thoughts. I have the Emotiva umc-1, and the xpa-5 as well as the 15 inch HSU sub. I am going to get the MDF this weekend to get started on my rear monitors.
    Welcome to the Statements club! Here are some thoughts;

The Mini's provide a little more bass impact and slightly more spl than the Monitors but not much. Figure a safe maximum of 105 for the Monitors and about 107 for the Mini's. Use the center as a center, not as mains. They would need to set horizontally to provide the proper lobing of the sound field.

You have a lot of power and and a lot of bass capability so it really comes down to SPL. How loud do you want to go?

Also, be sure you have room for the speakers to be positioned away from the wall behind them for them to sound as designed.

Jim

Comment

• BeerParty
      • Oct 2008

Are you planning to use the Statements as surrounds as well? If so, I would suggest that you build two Monitors first and try them out as mains (in a 2.1 configuration with your sub-woofer). If the Monitors work for you, you can use them as-is and build the remaining speakers. If you need a bit more 'umph', you can build the minis or the full size Statements and use the Monitors as surrounds.
      Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
      My AviaTrix Build

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"