X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dougie Fresh
    • Aug 2013

Summertime Maddness - Anarchy Build

Saw several posts on the Anarchy Woofers here and though some like to see what my buddy and I came up with.

A 80 liter dual chamber, 48" tall mtmmm with a Dayton RS28 F tweeter. As some mentioned, need a tweeter that will go low, e.g. xoed over at 1,100hz here. I think the combination is bang-on and really happy with overall sound. It's full range, but more like having a live drummer in the room.

Made a test box to calculate ports, I was getting no-where fast with WinISD (it just didn't sim). The ports are 9"wide x 17"long x 3/4", FS is 34hz, but woofers are still very new.

It's sold as a 6.5" but over 7-1/8" round.

*old school tuning with gen and load resistor, the voltage peaks are even - "valley" 34hz.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dougie Fresh; 23 August 2013, 08:21 Friday.
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Whoaaaaaa! Those look fun!

I can't remember anyone crossing a RS28 that low before. Maybe Curt with his Avia Trix? I thought CJD crossed his Anarchy's higher, around 1600hz. But, if it sounds good to you!
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Dougie Fresh
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ---k---
      Whoaaaaaa! Those look fun!

I can't remember anyone crossing a RS28 that low before. Maybe Curt with his Avia Trix? I thought CJD crossed his Anarchy's higher, around 1600hz. But, if it sounds good to you!
      Well that was a double take for me also :E and I guess I should have posted the link http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=275-140
      it's mentioned in the product description. They are working beautifully and something for everybody, bass like subs, imaging, great highs.
      It's been a long summer, built a few other projects, including the Penguins. These take the blue ribbon opcorn:
      Attached Files

Comment

• fourdegrees11
        • Aug 2008

The tweeter roll off is 3rd BW at 1600hz, and the upper woofers are 4th LR at 1500hz. The crossover should be in the 1400-1500hz range.
        AKA - Jay1

http://jaysspeakerpage.weebly.com/

Comment

• Dougie Fresh
          • Aug 2013

Back-Story - Jay has been instrumental in several of the speaker designs. :^x They all work great and very happy with them. I'm a guy with a lot of parts/ply/Medex and sometimes come up with entertaining ways of tuning BR boxes with clamp-n-test methods.

Click image for larger version

Name:	May 2 2 small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	858615

Towers - really liking that the towers handle power/high SPL and don't have to worry about cone damage (action scenes can get-ya :crush
          Last edited by Dougie Fresh; 24 August 2013, 10:15 Saturday.

Comment

• Dougie Fresh
            • Aug 2013

fast-accurate ploy

Really liking the mtmmm idea and have some other projects in mind.

Here are some of the "steps" that I used to build these; a fast-accurate ploy.

As shown, cut a sheet of Medex (a step up from mdf) into three sections. Ran the horizontal dado groves on 2 of the 32" x 48" panels, 1/4" deep; added a small gym weight at the top r-hand corner to keep the sheet down on table saw.

Next - cut the panels in half and sized them up, 15-1/2" inches wide; then put dado blades back on and ran the perimeters. (did not need to move saw blade height).

The dado cuts will leave small 3/4" x 1/4" squares (at port ends) that need to be filled with scrape, do this after panels are sized up (easier to sand smooth) I guess the groves could be router cut to avoid this, but that seems like a lot of work/cutting.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Dougie Fresh; 25 August 2013, 06:58 Sunday. Reason: at port ends

Comment

• Dougie Fresh
              • Aug 2013

We’ve got a horse race now......

Sacked two 6.5" silver flute boxes (on right)

Top box is a complete MTM - the bottom is same, but no tweeter/xo (so its like a sub).
              Added second amp with active xo.

The crazy SF's never cease to amaze me :E

That said, 8 of them is the way to go for a big sound.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"