X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xsundown
    • May 2013

I need a pair of 2-way bookshelves. $250 limit. Silver Flute or RS180

I'm looking to use the Silver Flute W17RC38-08 in the build but all the designs I found are for the 5 1/2 version of the woofer, and those are defunct due to the tweeter no longer being made. Another one I'd like to use is the Dayton Audio RS180. I read through the DIY Mission Accomplished thread but that's 8 years old with the latest post being 4 years old and all the parts lists now are over $300. I have the wood.
  • fbov
    • Jun 2008

First thought is Jon Marsh's Modula TM, with unshielded RS28, but it's $200 for just drivers, and Jon's not known for cheap XO's

The guide to completed designs is only 5 years old... latest post 2012, and there's a more comprehensive list that's almost too long!

Smaller drivers have more options, and there are a slew of RS180 MTMs out there, but all blow your budget on drivers.

I do find a W17 project....
    Want a second or third opinion about your speaker cabinet design or other audio related problem? Post your question or comment on the Technical Discussion Board. Hundreds of technicians, engineers, and hobbyists, nationwide read and discuss electronics related questions each week. We welcome your participation

HAve fun,
    Frank

Comment

• Finleyville
      • Sep 2006

The $250 limits you not to cheaper drivers but to cheaper crossover topologies. The cost of some "cheap" speaker design x-o's can be close to the actual cost of the drivers sometimes. Just to let you know....
      BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"