X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pknaz
    • Mar 2013

Thinking of a Statement (full/mini/monitor) build - Questions

Hello all,

I'm very new to the boards, but have been looking for a ribbon solution for a while now. I owned a pair of Infinity Crescendo's with the EMIT-R tweeters years ago and really miss them. I currently have a pair of Paradigm Studio 20's (original version) and was wondering if anyone could comment on the comparison between the Statement line of speakers vs. the Paradigms. Will the ribbon on the Statements (full/mini/monitor) give me that EMIT-R sound I'm missing?

If anyone knows of anyone in the greater Nashville, TN area that has built a set of Statements (any of them) that wouldn't mind allowing me to have a listen, that would be amazing!

Thanks to Curt & Jim for the plans!
  • BeerParty
    • Oct 2008

I would be happy to let you listen to my Statement Monitors, but I am a bit out of your way in New Hampshire. I have never heard the Infinity Crescendos or the Paradigm Studios so I can't offer a comparison.

If you do decide to build them or something else, make sure you put up a build thread here. We love to see other people build, just remember the most important rule: pictures or it didn't happen.
    Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
    My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• Mr.Ed
      • Apr 2012

I had the MiniStatements and also a set of Paradigm Monitor 5's. Granted the Monitors aren't as good as the Studio line but the Mini's blew the Monitors away. To me there was no comparison ( IMHO ymmv). As far as the Infinity's, I've never heard them, but the ribbons in the Mini's to me sound very natural. All the speakers I'm making now use ribbons.
      -Ed

Comment

• Pknaz
        • Mar 2013

Thanks guys for the response! I am pretty sure i want to do a curved side, I think I will start with the monitors and center, and then if I really like them I will move up to one of the bigger versions. One question I have though, is how to determine the internal volume on curved side enclosures. I'd be happy to duplicate one of the finished builds, I didn't notice any measurements on the curved build threads, did I just not look hard enough?

Comment

• NPE
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pknaz
          I currently have a pair of Paradigm Studio 20's (original version) and was wondering if anyone could comment on the comparison between the Statement line of speakers vs. the Paradigms.
          Only built/heard the Stmnt Monitors, entirely different class/league imho. :T Still amazed the performance vs price ratio... Every driver is rather affordable, yet from the bass to the top end, imaging, soundstage, crispness/detail, all pretty amazing! imho, closer to the sigs line than studio.

Comment

• PMazz
            • May 2001

You could try here:

Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• Pknaz
              • Mar 2013

I wonder, has anyone tried the closed back version of the monitor in the PE pre-fabricated enclosures? Any thoughts?

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Pknaz
                I wonder, has anyone tried the closed back version of the monitor in the PE pre-fabricated enclosures? Any thoughts?
                There is a close wall version of the Monitors but not a closed back version of any of the Statements series speakers. Jed K. did a closed back version of a modified center channel for "Frodaddy" that's in the Mission Accomplished section.

HTH

Jim

Comment

• PMazz
                  • May 2001

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
                  There is a close wall version of the Monitors but not a closed back version of any of the Statements series speakers. Jed K. did a closed back version of a modified center channel for "Frodaddy" that's in the Mission Accomplished section.

HTH

Jim
                  Hmmm. I've been eying your design for a CC but needed to use a sealed enclosure as you can see in my setup. I thought the 3-way, along with using a ribbon, would mate better with my RD-50 line arrays. This is more of a "time to try something else" type urge than anything else but wasn't sure if it would compromise the design too much by sealing it up. I obviously have size constraints but the original 3-way with the RS-180s would fit.

Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• BeerParty
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PMazz
                    Hmmm. I've been eying your design for a CC but needed to use a sealed enclosure as you can see in my setup. I thought the 3-way, along with using a ribbon, would mate better with my RD-50 line arrays. This is more of a "time to try something else" type urge than anything else but wasn't sure if it would compromise the design too much by sealing it up. I obviously have size constraints but the original 3-way with the RS-180s would fit.
                    You can't use a sealed enclosure for ANY of the Statement series. The design includes a transmission line for the mid-range drives that must be open to the rear and the rear of the speaker must be ~18 inches from the wall (12 inches for the Monitors with the near wall crossover). You'll need to look at a different design if you want something that can fit into the space shown in you picture.
                    Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
                    My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• PMazz
                      • May 2001

Jed K. did a closed back version of a modified center channel
                      Damn! I thought that's what he was talking about. I'll take a closer look at the build thread.
                      Birth of a Media Center

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"