This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

The previews have always been there, but it looks like in vb4 they pop up if you mouse over any part of the row, not just the thread title cell like with the old version.

I guess it's an improvement if you like them, but not so much if you don't.

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

I like the preview... especially when people use thread titles like "Have a Question". But, I can see how others dislike it. Ultimately, it is something vB should make configurable.
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevin P
        The previews have always been there, but it looks like in vb4 they pop up if you mouse over any part of the row, not just the thread title cell like with the old version.
        Ah. This "improvement" makes them harder to avoid. Having an option to turn them on/off would be nice.
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Dougie, I did try to tell PE that not all people clicked on the ad, sometimes, people type it in, doesn't mean they weren't supporting PE's advertising here. The guy made up his mind to ditch us, and there was nothing I could say to convince them otherwise, not even if I setup ads for just mission possible. Finally , I just walked away when I was insulted with him saying I could sign up for an affiliate program to still have PE ads here. Sorry, PE, I won't stoop to that as a major forum. They may not think we are major now, but I still feel we are, and my advertising decisions will reflect that, always.
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Yeah I know, I just want to make them realize how many of their customers are members here hah. They aren't going to pay for advertising if people aren't actually using the banner to click it unfortunately. I'm sure his mentality was "well if they aren't using the banner and know of me already, why shoudl I pay for it" something to that extent.

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

they questioned our value once before, left us, then came back to us, after putting a new guy in charge of it. History could repeat itself, once they realize the real value of being associated with one of the best DIY forums on the internet, IMO!
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• dsrviola
                • Oct 2007

Graphs have disappeared from older posts. Was this intended? Here's the specific page I was referring to: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...vs-Accuton-C79.

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Those are likely due to host problems as those images were not hosted on the forum.

Comment

• Kevin P
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Hdale85
                    Those are likely due to host problems as those images were not hosted on the forum.
                    Correct, I just checked, those images don't exist on the site they were hosted on. Can't blame me for this one. :B

Comment

• Finleyville
                      • Sep 2006

Where did the Parts Express ads go? I was going to send in an order through this site but couldn't find their ad clicky anywhere. Did it go bye-bye or is it my computer settings?
                      BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

We talked about it a bit on this thread, but they decided we weren't providing enough sales or something and pulled out.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"