X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PACKYDYRM
    • Sep 2012

getting it together.

I decided on building statements for the home stereo/theater. I will build the Full,and center statements. I am not sure if I should build 2 extra centers and use them for the surround or should I build 2 monitors statements instead. I am a newbie so any suggestions will be appreciated. I also plan to use the EMOTIVA xpa-5 and a marantz sr6007 as sort of my pre-amp/processor. I did not go with emotiva's pre amp or surround sound processor. I like the options on the marrantz. Any thoughts on this folks.
    "LEAD,FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY"
  • BeerParty
    • Oct 2008

You are aware that the Statement Monitors require at least 12 inches of space behind them for them to operate properly, right? So if you build the Statement Monitors you cannot mount them to the wall.
    Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
    My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• PACKYDYRM
      • Sep 2012

Thanks

I appreciate the info. I don't plan on mounting anything on the walls
      "LEAD,FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY"

Comment

• AdelaaR
        • Dec 2010

If you have sufficient space to adequately place and sufficient budget to build them, the monitors will be the best possible surround for the Statements, I'm sure.
        I find them to be a bit "overkill" as surrounds, though ... but it could make sense for actual surround music I guess.
        Personally I went for 4 F4's as surrounds in a 7 channel setup. You could also go for R4's ... they should also complement the Statements well as they use the same drivers, but lack the woofer.
        Make sure to start a build thread ... I know I can speak for all of us when is say that we like pictures

Comment

• AdelaaR
          • Dec 2010

Also: If you would use smaller surrounds ... you could go for a 3 channel amp to drive the Statements and play the surrounds straight from your receiver.
          Just a thought.
          It all depends on your room, usage and personal preference.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"