X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Slick design, well matching the driver capabilities to the system concept for a 2.5 way, with minimum parts. OTOH, they don't really tame the 7140 fully, and if I want to quibble, they haven't fixed the energy storage issues of the 8531 in the 800 Hz area, either, something that led me to abandon the revelators in the late 90's to try Eton (better cone, worse motor). Still, I bet this is a fun speaker... and it would take a lot more work to adapt it to Illuminators or RS180s... but might be interesting to do! I'd also be curious to see if it could be adapted to the Wavecor SW182BD02 in a sealed enclosure. I'm still curious to see distortion plots on that driver, but not curious enough right now to buy some! It does used the Balanced drive motor concept like the ones in the Wavecor Ardent, and those are very nice parts.

But then, I'd also have to evaluate if it would make more sense to use the 7140 or a Transducer labs tweeter- both have some significant HF resonant peaks but the TL tweeters have very low HD2 as well as very low HD3....

So many speaker concepts to explore, so little time... :W
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• 5th element
      Supreme Being Moderator
      • Sep 2009

That small resonance at 800Hz is typical of most soft cone drivers though and there isn't a lot you can do about it, at least not in this case. It's the same with the Satori and as much as I love the basics of that driver, I do wish that SB would release a metal cone into the range. Some of us do like to play with drivers that don't exhibit the typical cone edge resonance.

I am not quite sure I get what you mean about them not fully taming the tweeter? It looks pretty well controlled to me.
      What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
      5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
      Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

With tweeters with that large an ultrasonic spike, I've found sometimes it benefits form a notch filter so that the dome system and VC isn't excited into high amplitude levels mechanically by the Q- this means keeping those frequencies out. A better solution, though, is a tweeter without the spike. Of course, if you only play 44.1 CD's and the player has a super solid image filter, and no ultrasonic output (many deliberately don't) then you're OK.
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Obi-Wan
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• 5th element
          Supreme Being Moderator
          • Sep 2009

There's almost zero information up there from a musical point of view and no large diaphragm condenser mics can actually capture anything that high up either. I am sure some guitar pick-ups and some synthesizer type stuff might contains harmonics that extend that high. I would expect most mastering and initial recordings these days to be done at 96 and 192kHz, but almost all music is down mixed to 44.1k for CD. Obviously if that's happening all information beyond Nyquist is thrown away.

I do hear you about some higher rez stuff though, especially DSD stuff that inherently has a lot of ultrasonic noise in that it might be worth it for that. And I suppose you are the man Jon for hi rez stuff I do upsample everything to 192k myself, but that isn't going to magically create frequencies that aren't there.
          What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!

Comment

• Jonasz
            • Nov 2004

The Prestige family needs a new coax too...

http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=...ticle&id=480:h 1699-0806-mr18rexxf&catid=52&Itemid=464

Click image for larger version

Name:	h1699.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	938713

Name:	h1699-1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	938714

Name:	h1699-2.jpg
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	938715

Name:	h1699-3.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	938716
            Last edited by theSven; 06 June 2023, 14:58 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• 5th element
              Supreme Being Moderator
              • Sep 2009

That ones been out for a while, I just hope that the breakup of the mid doesn't turn into HD peaks. No mention of a shorting ring either, which is a shame because the driver sure costs a lot. One would expect copper in the gap for that price. SEAS really need to sort that out, all their prestige range needs shorting rings to keep up with the competition.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                Mad Max Moderator
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by 5th element
                There's almost zero information up there from a musical point of view and no large diaphragm condenser mics can actually capture anything that high up either. I am sure some guitar pick-ups and some synthesizer type stuff might contains harmonics that extend that high. I would expect most mastering and initial recordings these days to be done at 96 and 192kHz, but almost all music is down mixed to 44.1k for CD. Obviously if that's happening all information beyond Nyquist is thrown away.

I do hear you about some higher rez stuff though, especially DSD stuff that inherently has a lot of ultrasonic noise in that it might be worth it for that. And I suppose you are the man Jon for hi rez stuff I do upsample everything to 192k myself, but that isn't going to magically create frequencies that aren't there.
                I hear you Matt, BUT, having used a number of tweeters with HF peaks like that and then refined or built new designs with parts WITHOUT peaks like that, the overall HF range presentation has always been cleaner and more natural and more like live music... while I recognize the value of thought discussions and theory, I tend to make a lot of design decisions moving forward based on experience and how it sounds...

That doesn't mean I can't be drawing the wrong conclusions and something else is the issue, but for now I have to go with what seems to work... and with hard dome tweeters, resonance amplification of distortion products is a fact of life- plus I think when you hit that resonant point with any energy, every thing else suffers.

Just my 0.02, you know?
                the AudioWorx
                Natalie P
                M8ta
                Modula Neo DCC
                Modula MT XE
                Modula Xtreme
                Isiris
                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                Minerva Monitor
                Calliope
                Ardent D

In Development...
                Obi-Wan
                Modula PWB
                Calliope CC Supreme
                Natalie P Ultra
                Natalie P Supreme
                Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• 5th element
                  Supreme Being Moderator
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by JonMarsh
                  I hear you Matt, BUT, having used a number of tweeters with HF peaks like that and then refined or built new designs with parts WITHOUT peaks like that, the overall HF range presentation has always been cleaner and more natural and more like live music... while I recognize the value of thought discussions and theory, I tend to make a lot of design decisions moving forward based on experience and how it sounds...
                  It is definitely interesting when you bring up soft domes, or more damped hard domes, ones that don't exhibit distortion amplification as the intermodular products, created as a result of the ultrasonic peak, have always been a concern of mine. None of the fundamental harmonics are audible because they lie outside the range of our hearing, but the intermodular products are another thing entirely. Obviously notching out the ultrasonic peak isn't going to do anything for these as it's the harmonic overtones that are creating the intermodular products and not the direct excitation itself.

That aside you are certainly not going to want to excite the resonance directly. This we will absolutely agree on and under whatever circumstances, be it a woofer or a mid, we would most certainly want to notch or filter out a resonance so that it's sufficiently out of the way. I think the only real issue is how much content is there that would otherwise excite a 30kHz resonance?

Comment

• 5th element
                    Supreme Being Moderator
                    • Sep 2009

Measurements for the SB23 are now up on that Russian website.

Of all the talk about the Klippel data on these a few months ago we can see that the low end distortion is still commendably low and that the coil offset described is perhaps not as destructive as the data might suggest? At least as I see it here both the HD2 and HD3 remain pretty similar in level throughout the bass. They look like they'd make for a nice bass driver in a three way, but better than the venerable (and less expensive) RS225? Maybe just by my measurements of the 225.

Comment

• Jonasz
                      • Nov 2004

New Wavecor wg-tweeter.

Comment

• 5th element
                        Supreme Being Moderator
                        • Sep 2009

Hmm interesting. It doesn't look like it does quite as good a job as the DXT though. I am basing this mainly on the fact that the DXT maintains the off axis response identically out to at least 15 degrees (ie its on axis is pretty much identical to the off axis) then falls off.

Comment

• Jonasz
                          • Nov 2004

It also has copper in the motor wich their previous tweeters haven't had.

Anyway, I miss a factory made tweeter with a decent, say 20cm, waveguide made for really low crossovers.

Comment

• 5th element
                            Supreme Being Moderator
                            • Sep 2009

Indeed, what's interesting is that I think I've seen a SEAS made DXT type tweeter with a larger overall diameter than the DXT. From what I remember it looked to be 5" in diameter, certainly nothing gigantic, but it'd be nice if they did release something like that to the DIY market. This was in some commercial product, so the tweeter could have been from anywhere, but it did look very SEAS like.

Comment

• Jonasz
                              • Nov 2004

3rd party testing of some exotic Excel drivers... :P

Comment

• 5th element
                                Supreme Being Moderator
                                • Sep 2009

I am never usually a fan of representing distortion results on a scale like that as it completely squashes away low level % comparisons, also I would like to see the 4th and 5th harmonic.

That said the Be dome looks like the better of the two tweeters and the coax measures very nicely. It's just a shame that the Be tweeter couldn't have been made to look a bit nicer. The new Scan dome looks amazing by comparison.

Comment

• Jonasz
                                  • Nov 2004

A new SB Acoustics 19mm tweeter.

Link to specs: SB19ST-C000-4.pdf

HOME - SB Acoustics was formed to bring an alternative to the high-end transducer market by marrying the design talents of Danesian Audio (Denmark).

Name:	SB19ST-C000-4-chart.gif
Views:	87
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	938720
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by theSven; 06 June 2023, 15:01 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location and attach pdf

Comment

• Jonasz
                                    • Nov 2004

Oh, and at last what we've all been waiting for... 8)

HOME - SB Acoustics was formed to bring an alternative to the high-end transducer market by marrying the design talents of Danesian Audio (Denmark).

Name:	tw29r-b.jpg?time=1686078151.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	938721
                                    Last edited by theSven; 06 June 2023, 15:03 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• 5th element
                                      Supreme Being Moderator
                                      • Sep 2009

Ahh a black faceplate, at long last! Why this wasn't the first edition they made I don't know. Unless it was done specifically so that the tweeter would be recognisable in commercial products.

The 19mm tweet looks interesting too. Very smooth response and nice off axis curves. Kinda reminds me of the SEAS 22TFF, I think that's the part number.

Comment

• Jonasz
                                        • Nov 2004

Yes the all black looks desireable now, I want a pair!

Comment

• Evil Twin
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jonasz
                                          Yes the all black looks desireable now, I want a pair!
                                          A man after my own heart...
                                          DFAL
                                          Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• 5th element
                                            Supreme Being Moderator
                                            • Sep 2009

I have to say the black version does looks really snappy. I didn't much like the two tone, two part construction look to the original Satori, but when in black, it gives a touch of distinction and modernism to the design.

Comment

• Jonasz
                                              • Nov 2004

And finally are the Satori 5" official.

Comment

• Jonasz
                                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Evil Twin
                                                A man after my own heart...
                                                The all black Satori would look mean in a MTM with the new Dayton midwoofers (wich also look very "black" in pics). 8)

Comment

• 5th element
                                                  Supreme Being Moderator
                                                  • Sep 2009

And finally are the Satori 5" official.

http://www.sbacoustics.com/index.php...atori-mw13p-8/
                                                  Those look quite nice and it seems like they've shifted the resonance issue of the bigger brother up to 2kHz. I don't know if I prefer that or not. On the one hand you've got the issue out of the more fundamental range of the midrange, but now it's up around where I'd expect the crossover region to be, it could make xover design a little more tricky. Distortion should be very low though and I do like the fact that the sensitivity is up compared to most 5" drivers. 87dB for the 8 ohm version. Not amazingly high, but certainly higher than some of the competition.

The all black Satori would look mean in a MTM with the new Dayton midwoofers (wich also look very "black" in pics). 8)
                                                  That's exactly what I thought. Either with the stealth fighter RS series, or the new esoterics!

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                    Mad Max Moderator
                                                    • Aug 2000

It will be very interesting to see how the Esoteric 5-1/2" looks in comparison, once I find some time to test.

That's still looking about three weeks off, due to work taking over the next two weekend. I've got my fingers crossed that the Dayton measurements aren't overly smoothed, either the impedance or SPL.
                                                    the AudioWorx
                                                    Natalie P
                                                    M8ta
                                                    Modula Neo DCC
                                                    Modula MT XE
                                                    Modula Xtreme
                                                    Isiris
                                                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                    Minerva Monitor
                                                    Calliope
                                                    Ardent D

In Development...
                                                    Obi-Wan
                                                    Modula PWB
                                                    Calliope CC Supreme
                                                    Natalie P Ultra
                                                    Natalie P Supreme
                                                    Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Face
                                                      • Mar 2007

Those look quite nice and it seems like they've shifted the resonance issue of the bigger brother up to 2kHz.
                                                      1500hz.

I've heard from those who've used it's larger brother is that the resonance is benign and nothing to be concerned about other than it's appearance on paper.
                                                      SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• 5th element
                                                        Supreme Being Moderator
                                                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Face
                                                        1500hz.
                                                        Indeed you are correct, I read that line incorrectly! I am used to having major lines at 1k and 2k.

Comment

• wowo101
                                                          • Apr 2010

That ones been out for a while, I just hope that the breakup of the mid doesn't turn into HD peaks.
                                                          There's some good news! Obviously, it doesn't – at least not as nasty ones as its Excel sibling C18's woofer exhibits. See these independent measurements of the SEAS MR18REX/XF:

Name:	LF_SEAS_H1699_THD.png
Views:	118
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	938722

The other measurements look virtually identical with SEAS's own and, apart from the missing HF resonance peak, with independent measurements of the C18's tweeter.
                                                          Last edited by theSven; 06 June 2023, 15:03 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• 5th element
                                                            Supreme Being Moderator
                                                            • Sep 2009

Thanks for that, just yesterday in fact, I stumbled across the website with those exact measurements. It certainly makes the prospect of using the MR18 a lot more attractive!

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                              Mad Max Moderator
                                                              • Aug 2000

Thanks for sharing the link to that page- those are interesting results, and I expect they'll be whetting the appetite of those longing to do a Seas based concentric at a more reasonable cost!
                                                              the AudioWorx
                                                              Natalie P
                                                              M8ta
                                                              Modula Neo DCC
                                                              Modula MT XE
                                                              Modula Xtreme
                                                              Isiris
                                                              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                              Minerva Monitor
                                                              Calliope
                                                              Ardent D

In Development...
                                                              Obi-Wan
                                                              Modula PWB
                                                              Calliope CC Supreme
                                                              Natalie P Ultra
                                                              Natalie P Supreme
                                                              Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Jonasz
                                                                • Nov 2004

SS exchange service. http://www.scan-speak.dk/news/20141212a.htm

Maybe not so interesting for you guys on the other side of the pond due to shipping but an interesting new aproach anyway.

Comment

• Jonasz
                                                                  • Nov 2004

Nice measurements comparing the old SS8545 with the new -01 version.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                    Mad Max Moderator
                                                                    • Aug 2000

I remember when the 8545 had a lot of projects being introduced for it, back in the day- I was usually working with their kevlar woofers in that time frame.

The Revelation Two monitor project is interesting- reminds me a bit of the Modula MT XE project. Makes me think that if I don't have anything else to do with the 9900, combining it with an ES140ti in a small MT might be a cool thing to do. OTOH, with an MTM would be even better...
                                                                    the AudioWorx
                                                                    Natalie P
                                                                    M8ta
                                                                    Modula Neo DCC
                                                                    Modula MT XE
                                                                    Modula Xtreme
                                                                    Isiris
                                                                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                    Minerva Monitor
                                                                    Calliope
                                                                    Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                    Obi-Wan
                                                                    Modula PWB
                                                                    Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                    Natalie P Ultra
                                                                    Natalie P Supreme
                                                                    Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Jonasz
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Nov 2004

Wavecor TW022WA06
                                                                      This one could be a sleeper, 22mm of low distorting guts. According to this german site it's usable from 1,5kHz on up!
                                                                      Eine 22mm Kalotte mit exzellenten Messwerten. Sehr universell einsetzbar. Dank kleiner Schallführung (Waveguide) mit sehr sauberem Rundstrahlverhalten.

The low distortion is accompanied by 0.35mm oneway xmax, not bad at all.

Simple, classy, beautiful looks, and cheap too, €45 in Europe. :P

Name:	wavecor-tw022wa06.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	938723

Imagine this in a compact MTM with Zaph's 5", very low distorting system for almost no money...:P:T
                                                                      Last edited by theSven; 06 June 2023, 15:04 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• DS-21
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jun 2005

Does anyone see a reason to prefer the TW022WA06 above to the older '04?

The '04 has a slightly longer theoretical stroke, a neo magnet, and (IMO importantly for a small dome) a smaller flange. The '06 has ferrofluid in the motor.

Solen actually has the neo '04 cheaper than the ferrite '06 right now.

I've been eyeing the '04 for a mini monitor MTM with two Dayton ND105's, along with the SB Acoustics SB26STCN and two hard-dome tweeters I have on hand (Infinity Cascade CMMD + EOS waveguide, Vifa NE25 anodized aluminum.

Unfortunately, nobody who sells to hobbyists has introduces a new neo-magnet metal or ceramic dome tweet in quite some time; if there was a small-flange neo variant of the SB Acoustics SB26ADC I wouldn't be debating other tweeters.

Comment

• Jonasz
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Nov 2004

I do think this...

Name:	TW022WA06-SPL-response.png
Views:	88
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	938724

...look a lot nicer than this...

Name:	TW022WA03_04-SPL-response.png
Views:	89
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	938725

I haven't seen any 3rd party measurements of the -04, maybe it's better than Wavecors official data?
                                                                          Last edited by theSven; 06 June 2023, 15:05 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                            Mad Max Moderator
                                                                            • Aug 2000
                                                                            • 15311

I'd say that's a pretty open and shut case...
                                                                            the AudioWorx
                                                                            Natalie P
                                                                            M8ta
                                                                            Modula Neo DCC
                                                                            Modula MT XE
                                                                            Modula Xtreme
                                                                            Isiris
                                                                            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                            Minerva Monitor
                                                                            Calliope
                                                                            Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                            Obi-Wan
                                                                            Modula PWB
                                                                            Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                            Natalie P Ultra
                                                                            Natalie P Supreme
                                                                            Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• 5th element
                                                                              Supreme Being Moderator
                                                                              • Sep 2009
                                                                              • 1671

Wow that 22mm tweeter is pretty dang amazing! It makes me wonder what their tiny little 13mm dome is like.

Name:	TW013WA01-300px.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	938726

One thing I'd say about tiny neo vs ferrite magnet stuff is that the neo stuff can have issues with effective venting around the dome and possibly having a large enough chamber to start with. Although the small neo technically has a lower Qts and similarly low fs to the ferrite tweeter clearly something is going on with the lower end of the neo tweet to give it such a rising response.
                                                                              Last edited by theSven; 06 June 2023, 15:05 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                                Mad Max Moderator
                                                                                • Aug 2000
                                                                                • 15311

I do think this...

Click image for larger version  Name:	TW022WA06-SPL-response.png Views:	0 Size:	16.6 KB ID:	938724

...look a lot nicer than this...

Click image for larger version  Name:	TW022WA03_04-SPL-response.png Views:	0 Size:	14.7 KB ID:	938725

I haven't seen any 3rd party measurements of the -04, maybe it's better than Wavecors official data?
                                                                                Pretty reasonable looking spec sheet, too. The calculated Xmax looks ok, at bout 0.35mm. Very nice 30 degree response. Might be worth checking out...
                                                                                Last edited by theSven; 06 June 2023, 15:06 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote
                                                                                the AudioWorx
                                                                                Natalie P
                                                                                M8ta
                                                                                Modula Neo DCC
                                                                                Modula MT XE
                                                                                Modula Xtreme
                                                                                Isiris
                                                                                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                                Minerva Monitor
                                                                                Calliope
                                                                                Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                                Obi-Wan
                                                                                Modula PWB
                                                                                Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                                Natalie P Ultra
                                                                                Natalie P Supreme
                                                                                Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Jonasz
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Nov 2004
                                                                                  • 852

Don't remember if this is posted somewhere already but here's a bunch of tests of different SS drivers.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                                    Mad Max Moderator
                                                                                    • Aug 2000
                                                                                    • 15311

Thanks Jonas! More reading I don't have time to catch up with! :W
                                                                                    the AudioWorx
                                                                                    Natalie P
                                                                                    M8ta
                                                                                    Modula Neo DCC
                                                                                    Modula MT XE
                                                                                    Modula Xtreme
                                                                                    Isiris
                                                                                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                                    Minerva Monitor
                                                                                    Calliope
                                                                                    Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                                    Obi-Wan
                                                                                    Modula PWB
                                                                                    Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                                    Natalie P Ultra
                                                                                    Natalie P Supreme
                                                                                    Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Jonasz
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Nov 2004
                                                                                      • 852

Originally posted by JonMarsh
                                                                                      Thanks Jonas! More reading I don't have time to catch up with! :W
                                                                                      Reading driver tests is better than a good book... :P

Comment

• Jonasz
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Nov 2004
                                                                                        • 852

The 7,5" Satori is nearing production, here's a pic of the family so far. The 6,5" with an experimental coating applied.

Name:	Satori_7-6-5_zps2a4733b4.webp
Views:	114
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	938727

Some T/S:

MW19P-4:

Re = 3.4 ohm
                                                                                        Mms = 18.2 g
                                                                                        Bl = 5.6 Tm
                                                                                        Fs = 30 Hz
                                                                                        Rms = 0.75 kg/s
                                                                                        Cms = 1.55 mm/N
                                                                                        Sd = 158 cm^2
                                                                                        Qms = 4.57
                                                                                        Qes = 0.37
                                                                                        Qts = 0.34
                                                                                        Vas = 54.8 ltr.
                                                                                        SPL (2.83 V/1 m) = 90.5 dB

MW19P-8:

Re = 5.9 ohm
                                                                                        Fs = 31 Hz
                                                                                        Mms = 17 g
                                                                                        Bl = 6.9 Tm
                                                                                        Rms = 0.7 kg/s
                                                                                        Cms = 1.55 mm/N
                                                                                        Sd = 158 cm^2
                                                                                        Qms = 4.7
                                                                                        Qes = 0.41
                                                                                        Qts = 0.38
                                                                                        Vas = 55 ltr.
                                                                                        SPL (2.83 V/1 m) = 88 dB

There are also prototypes of 9,5" and a 13,5" drivers beeing build. Unsure of eventual production though...

9½" (m. 2" voicecoil)
                                                                                        Re = 5.8 ohm
                                                                                        Mms = 40 g
                                                                                        Bl = 9.4 Tm
                                                                                        Fs = 23 Hz
                                                                                        Rms = 1.2 kg/s
                                                                                        Cms = 1.2 mm/N
                                                                                        Sd = 255 cm^2
                                                                                        Qms = 4.82
                                                                                        Qes = 0.38
                                                                                        Qts = 0.35
                                                                                        Vas = 110 ltr.
                                                                                        SPL (2.83 V/1 m) = 88 dB
                                                                                        OD = 242 mm

13½" (m. 3" voicecoil)
                                                                                        Re = 4.2 ohm
                                                                                        Mms = 116 g
                                                                                        Bl = 15.1 Tm
                                                                                        Fs = 20 Hz
                                                                                        Rms = 3.0 kg/s
                                                                                        Cms = 0.55 mm/N
                                                                                        Sd = 572 cm^2
                                                                                        Qms = 4.86
                                                                                        Qes = 0.27
                                                                                        Qts = 0.25
                                                                                        Vas = 254 ltr.
                                                                                        SPL (2.83 V/1 m) = 92 dB
                                                                                        OD = 341 mm

Interesting times ahead... :P
                                                                                        Last edited by theSven; 06 June 2023, 15:08 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Face
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2007
                                                                                          • 995

Very cool info!
                                                                                          SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• Jonasz
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Nov 2004
                                                                                            • 852

Testing of the MW13P, funky linear but great unlinear distortion.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"