X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vwgti
    • Apr 2012

Noobie

Im looking to make a slot ported box, that is 2 cubic feet internal volume, the port will 14x2 inches. Im looking to make this box taller than it is width or depth, think rectangle. I will be using 3/4 mdf, and my math is bad but I calculated around 0.6 cubic feet port volume. So a 2.6 cubic foot box should work right??

If anyone can help me with this math Id be reall happy ops:
  • BeerParty
    • Oct 2008

Nope. You have to include the port volume and the volume of the MDF used to make the port. The simplest thing to do is put the info into a spreadsheet and have it do the calculations for you. Then you can 'play' with the dimensions and see the volume changes real time.

Edit: Also, for a slot port you have to provide three dimensions - length x width x height.
    Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
    My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• vwgti
      • Apr 2012

Ok well what I have modeled in winisd, is a 2 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 40hz. The port will be 2inches tall, 14 inches wide, and it estimates the length to 11.93.

Is there a open source spreadsheet program?? I dont have excel or anything.

Comment

• Mattcc22
        • Apr 2011

Hometheatershack.com has volume calculators.

Comment

• CADman_ks
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by vwgti

Is there a open source spreadsheet program?? I dont have excel or anything.
          I would download and install the OpenOffice:

The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.

Or, the same spin-off LibreOffice:

www.libreoffice.org/

Now, before the open source community flames me, I think that it's important to realize that both of these products will do the same thing, create native spreadsheets and open and save Excel created spreadsheets which the OP is ultimately wanting to do.

One thing to realize, though, is that I don't believe that either one of these offerings will run Excel spreadsheets that have macros in them, or at best will be only able to run very simple macros. That is one pitfall to the open source stuff...
          CADman_ks
          - Stentorian build...
          - Ochocinco build...
          - BT speaker / sub build...

Comment

• cjd
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Dec 2004

2x14 is a HUGE port. I can't imagine it needs to be anywhere near that big. That's just starters.

1x7.5" is equivalent to a 3.1" diameter round port.
            diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"