X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soundemon
    • May 2009

Crossover for making an in-wall statement Center

Hi All
    I'm getting on towards finishing my HT room, which will have Statement LCR.

Hi All After building my Recession buster kit, I've been looking for the next step and The statements are the ones for me! A great many of my questions are answered in the multitude of other build threads (great job everybody!) but I had a few: - For the center, is there a design currently (or in the works) using the same

And I'm planning a false wall IB in the front of the room. The center, I have not built yet, but was planning on the fully sealed center like Frodaddy's:

My question is could I build the center inwall? I know the crossover would have to be reworked, but I haven't bought any of the components yet. Question is would this be feasible?

TIA!
    Last edited by theSven; 20 August 2023, 21:43 Sunday. Reason: Update htguide urls
    DIY - once you start down that (dark) path, forever will it dominate your destiny!
  • soundemon
    • May 2009

bump - anyone have thoughts on this?
    DIY - once you start down that (dark) path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

Comment

• soundemon
      • May 2009

Buuump. Anyone? is this just a plain bad idea?

Comment

• Paul W
        • Oct 2004

If you can do the crossover work, you can certainly build an in-wall using the same drivers. One potential way around reworking the XO is to use the EQ in your receiver/pre-pro to reshape the response...YMMV.

Assuming you need the horizontal format to fit below the screen, I'd tilt the baffle so the ribbon is on axis with your ears. If you have an AT screen, build it on-axis.
        Paul

Comment

• Jim Holtz
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by soundemon
          Buuump. Anyone? is this just a plain bad idea?
          The Statements center has an open back mid that depends on the rear mid reflection blending with the front wave. Obviously, an in-wall would not allow a forward reflection.

Jim

Comment

• soundemon
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
            The Statements center has an open back mid that depends on the rear mid reflection blending with the front wave. Obviously, an in-wall would not allow a forward reflection.

Jim
            The frodaddy center is fully sealed which is the one I was initially planing on making.

Comment

• soundemon
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Paul W
              If you can do the crossover work, you can certainly build an in-wall using the same drivers. One potential way around reworking the XO is to use the EQ in your receiver/pre-pro to reshape the response...YMMV.

Assuming you need the horizontal format to fit below the screen, I'd tilt the baffle so the ribbon is on axis with your ears. If you have an AT screen, build it on-axis.
              How much more expensive / difficult is an acoustically transparent screen?

Comment

• Paul W
                • Oct 2004

Very reasonable and fairly easy. Go to the Seymour AV site for "how to" ideas.
                Last edited by theSven; 20 August 2023, 21:44 Sunday. Reason: Update url
                Paul

Comment

• BeerParty
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by soundemon
                  Hi All
                  I'm getting on towards finishing my HT room, which will have Statement LCR.<snip>
                  My question is could I build the center inwall? I know the crossover would have to be reworked, but I havent bought any of the components yet. Question is would this be feasable?

TIA!
                  Seems like it would be easier to work from a design that was planned for on-wall placement. You might want to check out Jeff-C's surround build, which uses the same drivers as the Statements. I have no knowledge on how closely these match the Statements, but if you are trying to match the Statements with an in-wall design, these should get you close.
                  Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
                  My AviaTrix Build

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"