X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vettett15
    • May 2010

Statements build (mini and monitor)

Finally getting around to my mini statement build, I was also able to convince a friend that he should build a set of statement monitors.

I wanted to get the front and rear done nicely so we got a CNC machine shop to make those parts for us. We also used 1.25" thick MDF (single piece) for our front baffles. All the cnc parts came out great (duh) and they also proved to be quite useful in making the other parts because we used their near perfect right angled corners to flush trim the other pieces.

Here are some pictures, we have been slacking on the documentation part. We are starting with the monitors which are ready to be glued together then we will finish up the minis.

I will be comparing these against my Dali Ikon 6's which I'm hoping will loose so that I can sell them to buy/build other things..
    Attached Files
  • BeerParty
    • Oct 2008

Nice. What will the final finish on these be?
    Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
    My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• vettett15
      • May 2010

Not sure yet, I think my buddy is set on satin black which was my original plan (and what my Rythmik 15 is painted) but I kinda want to try veneer, just never done it before.

Comment

• BeerParty
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by vettett15
        Not sure yet, I think my buddy is set on satin black which was my original plan (and what my Rythmik 15 is painted) but I kinda want to try veneer, just never done it before.
        In my experience, Veneering is much easier then trying to get a nice looking paint job. But, YMMV.
        Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
        My AviaTrix Build

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"