X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GPHammer
    • Jul 2010

Greg has joined the Statement Family

I will start by saying Hello. I would like to thank Jim and Curt for their effort and for putting a design out there for all to enjoy. I have had a couple of days to listen to the Statements and must say the build was well worth it. I would say the sound is clear, crisp and true.

I have already built the cabinets for the mini's and center, I just have to order the parts, although I was one of the lucky ones to receive 6 RS180 from PE when they were recently blowing them out.
    Attached Files
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by GPHammer
    I will start by saying Hello. I would like to thank Jim and Curt for their effort and for putting a design out there for all to enjoy. I have had a couple of days to listen to the Statements and must say the build was well worth it. I would say the sound is clear, crisp and true.

I have already built the cabinets for the mini's and center, I just have to order the parts, although I was one of the lucky ones to receive 6 RS180 from PE when they were recently blowing them out.
    Hi Greg,

Welcome to the family! I'm pleased to hear you like the Statements.

Jim

Comment

• cbark
      • Jan 2010

This family sure has gotten big.

Comment

• BeerParty
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cbark
        This family sure has gotten big.
        Don't worry, we will just have to get a bigger table for the kiddies this Thanksgiving...
        Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
        My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• FreaQ
          • Aug 2010

Funny... As I'm goin to give birth to full size statements soon.

Got everything except cabinets. Got to build them...

I'll open a new thread when I start or finish.

Comment

• GPHammer
            • Jul 2010

FreaQ , you will not be disappointed, the more I listen to them the more inpressed I am. I had a buddy over yesterday who is also building a set, he can't wait now that he has heard mine.
            There are lots of build threads to follow, John Trails is a good one, BeerParty's is a good one( I have also been following his AviaTrix build). The original posting that includes the drawings, parts list and networks is also very helpful, all the info you need is in there.

Comment

• dar47
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by GPHammer
              FreaQ , you will not be disappointed, the more I listen to them the more inpressed I am. I had a buddy over yesterday who is also building a set, he can't wait now that he has heard mine.
              There are lots of build threads to follow, John Trails is a good one, BeerParty's is a good one( I have also been following his AviaTrix build). The original posting that includes the drawings, parts list and networks is also very helpful, all the info you need is in there.
              Vary nice Greg

A fellow Winter Pegger, I would be vary interested in hearing those, I almost went with Statements but decided against because of the clearance from the front wall.

Comment

• GPHammer
                • Jul 2010

You are more than welcome to come by and listen,

Comment

• FreaQ
                  • Aug 2010

I have gone through alot of threads in here...

But I'm going to do the modified version of Frodaddy: 4" less on top and probably the same base, bottom porting. I really like how they look. I got the WAF on my side also.

Man, now I can't wait to finish them. From what I see, they seem to be up there from everybody's opinion. Can't wait to upgrade. I have no real reference from a high-end system so it's going to be a surprise for my ears. And I have good ears. They deserve them Might also add 2 Emotiva UPA-1 for them... But don't know if it's going to be a real upgrade from my Pioneer VSX-1016TXV using direct analog input.

We live on the same side of the border but if you did not live so far, I would've like to hear them... I think there is one person from Quebec that built them. I don't know who but I would be curious. I think it was on another forum...

Comment

• GPHammer
                    • Jul 2010

Ya Frodaddy is amazingly talented, I am just an guy new to this hobby learning more and more.
                    I should have reviewed Dar47's build thread before I invited him over to listen to the statements, he is also very talented and his stuff looks great, my statements will not be veneered until spring, however they still sound great so I will not let the family down.

Comment

• GPHammer
                      • Jul 2010

Dar47 and his son stopped by to audition the Statements, unfortunately he also brought his Emotiva XPA-5, now I have to convince my wife I need one.
                      All went well, Statements are absolutely amazing speakers, the bass out of the Dayton drivers is amazing, you can hear and feel each beat of the foot petal on the bass drum.

I would also like to thank this forum for introducing me to others who do not think i am nuts when it comes to home audio, it was nice to sit and talk about, speakers, amps and home theater.
                      Wish me luck in convincing mama that daddy needs a new amp

Comment

• benthe8track
                        • Feb 2008

Greg, the statements sounded great and the craftsmanship is top notch! Good meeting you and looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"