Tower advice Statements or other comparison?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayzBH
    • Oct 2010

Tower advice Statements or other comparison?

Hello Everyone,
    I am new here and this will be my first HT tower project I wanted to ask for some advice before I rush into this project.

Ok, a little about myself I been designing and building car audio for some time now so I decide to get into HT I have 2- 15” Audiopulse AXIS in a wedge ported encloser and down the road will add a pair of 12” subwoofers also. One of my projects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BEraAzY6K0

I watch a LOT of movies and I am looking to build a complete 7.1 surround so I decided to start with my fronts first. I am looking for some speakers that will be able to keep up with all the bass I have, now I am using Sony towers now and the subwoofers over power the vocals. I would like the speaker’s clarity sound to be crystal clear!

Here are two that that I have came fond of the Dayton RS 3-way towers and the Statements by Jim Holtz’s I have read a lot of great things about these.

Statements: http://speakerdesignworks.com/Statements.html

3-way towers: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...=11873&page=16

The only problem with the States is the RS225S Midwoofer is discontinued on parts express not a big deal but the suggested one specs are a little different and I was thinking the crossover may need to be changed? I have bass-box pro that has the xover design but I don’t know too much about I mainly worked with subwoofer boxes.

This is the discontinued: http://www.parts-express.com//pe/sho...number=295-366

Recommended is RS225 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=295-356

Any other suggestion on other towers or suggestions? I am thinking my budget is $700 to $900 for the pair! And incase this helps I will be using a Denon AVR 3808CI I believe its 130 Watts receiver.

Thanks a lot,
    JayzBH.
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

You're not likely to be able to build CJD's RS 3-ways for that budget. Also, they need a very strong amp to deal with the impedance.

I'm going to assume that you can position the Statements within your room correctly. If so, go for it.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• BobEllis
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

Curt says that the changes in the RS225 aren't a big deal - http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=37440

You can turn down the gain on your subs to get better balance. Of course the Statements or Khanspires would be able to handle much louder listening without the strain your current speakers are probably showing.

Comment

• BeerParty
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jayzBH
        Any other suggestion on other towers or suggestions? I am thinking my budget is $700 to $900 for the pair! And in case this helps I will be using a Denon AVR 3808CI I believe its 130 Watts receiver.
        Do you plan to run the speakers with the subs all the time, or are you looking for speakers that you can run music full range without the subs? The Statements and CJD's RS 3-ways are intended for full range use - so if you are planning to use your subs full time you might be over investing in these.

There are several tower designs in the Mission Accomplished section that would cost less and provide excellent sound matched with your subs.
        Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
        My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• Russ_L
          • Nov 2008

Statement Monitors for 7.1

Originally posted by jayzBH
          Hello Everyone,

I watch a LOT of movies and I am looking to build a complete 7.1 surround so I decided to start with my fronts first. I am looking for some speakers that will be able to keep up with all the bass I have, now I am using Sony towers now and the subwoofers over power the vocals. I would like the speaker’s clarity sound to be crystal clear!

Any other suggestion on other towers or suggestions? I am thinking my budget is $700 to $900 for the pair! And incase this helps I will be using a Denon AVR 3808CI I believe its 130 Watts receiver.

Thanks a lot,
          JayzBH.
          JahzBH- if you're considering a 7.1 (or 5.1) system, why not Statement Monitors all around? Combine them with your existing subs or add an infinite baffle subwoofer when finances allow. The Statement Monitors go low enough to allow a smooth transition to a subwoofer. A dynamite system in either case. :T

Russ

Comment

• jayzBH
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Russ_L
            JahzBH- if you're considering a 7.1 (or 5.1) system, why not Statement Monitors all around? Combine them with your existing subs or add an infinite baffle subwoofer when finances allow. The Statement Monitors go low enough to allow a smooth transition to a subwoofer. A dynamite system in either case. :T

Russ

Yes, I have considered building all around Statements if I decided to go that path just wanted to receive more information to construct a grand build. I was going to start my fronts, center than the rear speakers.

Thanks,
            JayzBH

Comment

• jayzBH
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BeerParty
              Do you plan to run the speakers with the subs all the time, or are you looking for speakers that you can run music full range without the subs? The Statements and CJD's RS 3-ways are intended for full range use - so if you are planning to use your subs full time you might be over investing in these.

There are several tower designs in the Mission Accomplished section that would cost less and provide excellent sound matched with your subs.
              Hi, that’s a good point I didn’t take that into consideration. I would say my subs will be used mainly when I watch movies or sports events with sometimes music applications I don’t nearly need a whole lot of mid bass (some) since I have the bass covered from the sub.

I would like to focus more on “SQ”. (Vocal) I am not looking for the Rolls Royse of speakers but I like top notch equipment something compared to Cadillac of cars.

I would like to choose towers what will make it realistic as possible when watching move like you’re in the movie. Thanks for the link a lot to choose from so what would you consider for my best application?

Thanks,
              JayzBH

Comment

• jayzBH
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BobEllis
                Curt says that the changes in the RS225 aren't a big deal - http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=37440

You can turn down the gain on your subs to get better balance. Of course the Statements or Khanspires would be able to handle much louder listening without the strain your current speakers are probably showing.
                Great, good to know the RS225 is compliable. That is true I could turn down the gain BUT you got to love the earth shaking bass.

Thanks,
                JayzBH

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"