X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • augerpro
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by benchtester
    I designed a 2-way speaker with the ZA14 and the Seas DXT tweeter, and have tried the HDS with another woofer. But in the effort to make a very affordable speaker: what about mating it with the SB26STCN (which I have not heard)?
    I have used both lately, and I don't think this would be a good match, the SB starts to misbehave when pushed low, and the ZA14 is a bit shouty (IMHO) when pushed high. Really too bad, I wanted to use the ZA14 in a design - it is really clean sounding when crossed below 2.2khz or so. A match with the RS28A would be a killer cheap setup.
    ~Brandon 8O
    Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
    Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
    DriverVault
    Soma Sonus

Comment

• Evil Twin
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

The current state of evolution in the crossover is illustrated thusly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nascent-X-ZBL-SchematicB3_zps8650fa68.png
Views:	14
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	929398

Note this I sense in the Force that these disturbances in the high frequency SPL measurements are artifacts of the baffle design for which it is planned to use some diffraction control measures... I have minions working on this problem already- rest assured they will be properly motivated to develop an appropriate solution!

Note that L5, C9 and R8 are merely an overall impedance compensation network not needed for amplifiers with low output impedance, but which may be desirable for those using vacuum tubes or non-feedback designs.
      Last edited by theSven; 10 March 2023, 16:56 Friday. Reason: Update image location
      DFAL
      Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• 5th element
        Supreme Being Moderator
        • Sep 2009

I foresee the clever use of felt.

Out of interest, what happens if you try and hit the target responses without all the impedance compensation networks? I know that some are likely to be necessary, but usually you don't need quite that many.

Typically I've found that all I've mainly needed is a zobel on the woofer(s) and a resonance trap on the tweeter if crossed close to resonance, but that's it.
        What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
        5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
        Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"