X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Hi Pete! Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be back!

Your measured plot doesn't look too bad at all, especially considering you're at 3 dB/div.

Just to see what they're capable of, I'd experiment with pulling them out a little further from the back- any chance of some rear wall damping to kill some of the back wave in the upper midrange/lower highs? This may smooth things out further and sharpen up the imaging. Of course, I realize my reputation as "Mr Speakers out in the middle of the room" does tend to precede me.

I'm jealous that you've got your RD50's already. But hopefully I won't be too far behind you. It depends on how many nickels and dimes I have left over paying bills at the middle of the month.

BTW, where did you by the OW703 fiberglass? I've been looking for a local source in Northern CA. It's good stuff for acoustics work.

Keep us posted!

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Pete

I've bought a ton of amps off Audiogon. I always ask for the serial number and a photo if possible. I always call and talk with them on the phone too.

Then I only pay by COD (cashiers check or money order). Frequently the buyer will be concerned about getting burned for shipping of the pkg if somehow gets returned. If that's the case I send the buyer a check in advance for one-way shipping.

PayPal offers no protection for the buyer. The escrow services are good but $$$, and many sellers don't like the hassle

theAudioWorx
      Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• PMazz
        • May 2001

Tom, thanks for the COD advice. I'll give it a try.

Jon,
        I'll play with "out further into the room", but it won't be long for this world, if you know what I mean. I stuffed some 703 into the rear cavity of the dipoles. You can just see it on the side shot above. I'll try some other treatments too. I got the OW703 from a local sheetrock/insulation distributor. They happened to have the unfaced 703 because a builder ordered it and then renegged. I got it for ~ 1/2 price, $.86/ft. 2'x4' tiles. Foil faced is more common usually. I use it around the shop for sound absorption.

Pete
        Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• Hank
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2002

Atta boy, Pete! You took the plunge and ponied up for some RD's. I'll vicariously enjoy your experimentation since college costs for two of my offspring have two IV's sucking the contents out of my wallet. It's $30 8" Chinese subwoofer drivers for me for now...sigh

Those are dipoles, right? It looks like you did a baffle with side boards for a U-shape with no back, and some high density fiberglas stuffed between the side boards. So far, do you think you'd want to supplement the RD's with tweeters like the Grand Poobahs seem to recommend?

Comment

• PMazz
            • May 2001

Hi Hank, thought we lost you there for a minute. College kids, huh? Ugh. Sister went thru that a couple years ago. Still mumbling to herself.

Before I played around with some top end EQ, I would've said absolutely. Not so sure now. All those years around power equipment may be taking their toll. I'll hold off till I get them properly set up. Still want to give a sealed enclosure a try, too.

Pete
            Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Actually if the area behind the RD50 is filled with rigid fiberglass insulation the speaker is much more like a monopole than a dipole

theAudioWorx
              Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Hank
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2002

Yeah, Thomas, I skipped over the word "rigid" I guess. Who knows, I'm mumbling to myself these days. It may be Jan - Feb before I can order some RD's. sigh...
                Or maybe I can start selling my BoseBusters and make some extra coin.
                (background laughter from crowd at the mention of the illusion of making money building speakers)

Hey, I noticed a post from the designer from the south of France that BG is developing a NEO 10 that will have lower extension.

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Hank

After living with the black dipoles in the family room for a couple of months now, I'm going to whip up a pair of Arvo's for that room.

I need the speaker to have the ability to have good sound over a larger area of depth. The black dipoles sound good but the output levels have to be changed if I move to a different listening position. That won't be a problem with the Arvo design.

Personally I don't see much benefit to a Neo 10.

theAudioWorx
                  Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Dennis H
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Aug 2002

Hi Thomas,

Interesting. What do you think is going on with having to change the levels when you move? Is the midwoof line acting as a point source at lower frequencies so you have to boost them as you move farther away?

Comment

• ThomasW
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Dennis

Yeap the drop-off rate from the RD-75 planars is different from the cone driver line array.

So the output level and toe-in must be changed if I'm seated at the main listening position ~11' away, vs the sofa ~7' away, vs the dinette area ~16' away. There is no 'happy medium' When optimized for any one place, that causes a loss of focus, definition, soundstage at the other areas

theAudioWorx
                      Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Dennis H
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Aug 2002

Sounds like the ideal room for a line array would have a flat ceiling so you could go floor to ceiling with the LF drivers. The reflections should simulate an infinite line and keep the -3dB per doubled distance at all frequencies. It might even be a good idea to have hard floor and ceiling surfaces and run the HF drivers floor to ceiling. I'm wondering if that would eliminate that nasty notch you get at about 1.5K when you measure an RD75 from about 6 feet away. The simulated infinite line might fill that in and make the frequency response much less distance dependent.

Comment

• PMazz
                          • May 2001

I've been noticing some buzzing withthe RD50s. Even without EQ on the top end it's still there. Any ideas?

Pete
                          Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• ThomasW
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Pete

Do a low power frequency sweep.

I'd lay odds that the panels are buzzing around the 200Hz XO point. It's just too low for the shorter panels. B&G uses a 500Hz XO point in their systems that use the RD50

theAudioWorx
                            Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• JonMarsh
                              Mad Max Moderator
                              • Aug 2000

This would be my suspicion also. What are the slopes on your HT Pre-Pro crossover, Pete? For 200 Hz, they definitely MUST be 4th order L-R at a minimum. Otherwise, I expect too much stress on the RD50's.

I'm planning a 600 Hz crossover, and undecided as yet whether to use a standard 4th order L-R or go with my "Hi-Finite" slope crossover, since the latter gives 48 dB/octave for the first 50 dB or so.... If I was to try 200 Hz or 250Hz, I'd definitely go with the high slope crossover.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
                              M8ta
                              Modula Neo DCC
                              Modula MT XE
                              Modula Xtreme
                              Isiris
                              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                              Minerva Monitor
                              Calliope
                              Ardent D

In Development...
                              Obi-Wan
                              Modula PWB
                              Calliope CC Supreme
                              Natalie P Ultra
                              Natalie P Supreme
                              Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• PMazz
                                • May 2001

The slope is 12 dB high pass/24 dB low pass.

I haven't done the sweeps yet, but the buzzing seems to be occuring at higher freqs. I'll guess ~3-4 KHz, maybe higher.

The xover and amp haven't gotten here yet. I picked up one of the Weller WES50 soldering stations for the xover project. What size tip is ideal for PCBs?

Pete
                                Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• ThomasW
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

What size tip is ideal for PCBs?
                                  Probably the smallest one you can find...it depends on the iron but the 1/32 conical tip is probably best

Unless something is goofy the panels shouldn't buzz at higher frequencies. What SPL is this buzzing occurring at? Does the buzzing go away if the fiberglass insulation is removed?

theAudioWorx
                                  Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• PMazz
                                    • May 2001

Freq sweep sounds fine. Problem is there with or w/o fiberglass. 80 - 85 dB volume levels. Only hear it on two CDs (new). Sort of like a sibilance issue, but not it. Will hook up MTMs and have a listen.

Pete
                                    Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                      Mad Max Moderator
                                      • Aug 2000

The slope is 12 dB high pass/24 dB low pass.

This is not good. Though the 12 dB electrical high pass will combine with the 12 dB or so acoustic high pass of the drivers around 200 Hz to make something close to 24 dB/octove low pass, the power feed at low frequencies would be higher than I would want to see with the RD50's. This would mean the electrical feed at 100 Hz is down only 12 dB- not very much. Maybe enough? I don't know.

-Jon

Earth First!
                                      M8ta
                                      Modula Neo DCC
                                      Modula MT XE
                                      Modula Xtreme
                                      Isiris
                                      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                      Minerva Monitor
                                      Calliope
                                      Ardent D

In Development...
                                      Obi-Wan
                                      Modula PWB
                                      Calliope CC Supreme
                                      Natalie P Ultra
                                      Natalie P Supreme
                                      Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• PMazz
                                        • May 2001

This is not good
                                        Not good as in sound or not good as in driver damage?

The Marchand XM9 will solve the problem, hopefully, if it's not doing damage now. Should be here this week. Amp by next week. Sucking solder fumes....who knows how long.

Pete
                                        Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                          Mad Max Moderator
                                          • Aug 2000

Distortion not good, but unless you really "wail" on them, probably not any driver damage. I'd treat them gently, though. We found Thomas's RD75's really sang at 600 Hz, but crossed over lower lost their sense of ease and life.

YMMV.

Don't worry Pete, I'm just jealous 'cause you already have your RD50's to play with, and I'm still in the planning stage. Of course, Thomas would just tell me that gives me some time to get the Arvo Part's finished and work on my other back logged projects.

Face it, I just need a month off from work.

-Jon

Earth First!
                                          M8ta
                                          Modula Neo DCC
                                          Modula MT XE
                                          Modula Xtreme
                                          Isiris
                                          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                          Minerva Monitor
                                          Calliope
                                          Ardent D

In Development...
                                          Obi-Wan
                                          Modula PWB
                                          Calliope CC Supreme
                                          Natalie P Ultra
                                          Natalie P Supreme
                                          Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• PMazz
                                            • May 2001

Yea Jon, but somehow I suspect yours will be done first.

I know what you mean about unfinished projects. My list is fairly long as well. Maybe not as creative or unique, tho. On top of all that, the wife is bugging me hard to build a new bedroom set. Seems as though some idiot promised her a surround system and wall unit when some new gear arrived a while back. :roll: She's now threatening to actually BUY furniture. ACK!

Wait till she sees me soldering the Marchand.....actually just listen for a "Now what the hell is this" scream. :LOL:

Pete
                                            Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                              Mad Max Moderator
                                              • Aug 2000

Oh my.....

Sometimes I forget what an easy life I have ( ) with only an 18 year old daughter living with me....

Bro, I'd say you'd better get busy on that bedroom set! Priorities definitely have to be negotiated then followed through on! :LOL:

-Jon

Earth First!
                                              M8ta
                                              Modula Neo DCC
                                              Modula MT XE
                                              Modula Xtreme
                                              Isiris
                                              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                              Minerva Monitor
                                              Calliope
                                              Ardent D

In Development...
                                              Obi-Wan
                                              Modula PWB
                                              Calliope CC Supreme
                                              Natalie P Ultra
                                              Natalie P Supreme
                                              Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Dennis H
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • Aug 2002

We found Thomas's RD75's really sang at 600 Hz, but crossed over lower lost their sense of ease and life.
                                                That's using them as dipoles, right? How much lower do you think you could go with a monopole enclosure? I notice Wisdom is crossing their monopoles really low but, of course, they are using a premium version of the driver.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                  Mad Max Moderator
                                                  • Aug 2000

Hi Dennis,

I don't have any experience to make a case for a different crossover point monopole compared with dipole. Based on excursion issues as you get lower in frequency (and keep in mind, we were using a pretty good size baffle) I'd recommend no lower than 300 Hz in monopole- but that's a "seat of the pants" suggestion. And I might still prefer the higher point- I think it's something you'd need to investigate based on your SPL requirements and perhaps some careful distortion measurements. Also, don't forget baffle step may be an issue- if you use the RD75 or RD50 in a narrow baffle monopole, I expect there would be a drop off going from half space to full space radiation. But the only way to know for sure is to measure the setup you're considering/developing.

I'm staying with 600 Hz because even BG recommends a more restricted frequency range for the RD50 than the RD75.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
                                                  _______________________________
                                                  We'll screw up the other planets later....
                                                  the AudioWorx
                                                  Natalie P
                                                  M8ta
                                                  Modula Neo DCC
                                                  Modula MT XE
                                                  Modula Xtreme
                                                  Isiris
                                                  Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                  Minerva Monitor
                                                  Calliope
                                                  Ardent D

In Development...
                                                  Obi-Wan
                                                  Modula PWB
                                                  Calliope CC Supreme
                                                  Natalie P Ultra
                                                  Natalie P Supreme
                                                  Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                    • Aug 2000

I'm staying with 600 Hz because even BG recommends a more restricted frequency range for the RD50 than the RD75.
                                                    And I'm sticking with a ~600Hz XO point with my RD-75's because I think they sound better with a higher XO point

theAudioWorx
                                                    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• PMazz
                                                      • May 2001

It's a shame the DPL12s can't be used that high, seeing as I have a few laying around.

Maybe I'll try the AV8s I have laying around.

Pete
                                                      Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• JohnR
                                                        • Oct 2002

The Lambda dipole woofers can be used that high. I haven't been paying close attention so I'm not exactly sure what you'd be looking for, but we can talk about trading a pair of 12" Lambdas for some DPL12's if you're interested.

JohnR

Comment

• PMazz
                                                          • May 2001

Thanks for the offer John, but I'll likely stay with double 8" or so drivers if this concept works out. I want to try a sealed "bass box" to go along with the RD50 and 12s would be too large for what I have in mind.

Pete
                                                          Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Aug 2000

Pete

According to Dan Wiggins the DLP12's can go up to 450Hz.

It shouldn't be too big a deal to whip up a couple of plain dipole panels for an audition

theAudioWorx
                                                            Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• JohnR
                                                              • Oct 2002

No worries, Pete. It was just a thought, I have my DPL12s in isobaric boxes, but eventually... IB, I hope. Figured a few more wouldn't hurt :-)

Here's my flat baffle prototype... as you can see, my prototypes are, ahm, a little less sophisticated than Thomas and Jon ... :LOL:

JohnR

Comment

• PMazz
                                                                • May 2001

Didn't Tom Hanks build something like that in the movie Castaway?

Hey, that's why they're called prototypes. I've got a complete set, or two, of raw MDF and flakeboard speakers. They never get past the prototype phase before I'm off on another project.

Pete
                                                                Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• PMazz
                                                                  • May 2001

Tom,
                                                                  I will give some dipoles a whirl, for sure. Does the breakup start at 450 or can they be crossed at 450?

Pete
                                                                  Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Aug 2000

Pete

I think Dan said the the break up was at 600Hz and as a result not to use the driver above 450Hz

theAudioWorx
                                                                    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Hank
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Jul 2002

Hey, I'm still here, just penniless. I thought I'd stir things up a bit.
                                                                      Any comments on coaxial drivers? Here's a new one:
                                                                      http://www.nuera-acoustic.ca/products/datasheets/W4-937S.jpg
                                                                      $32.10 1-5 qty.

Let's see some more lively debate on RD's vs Newform Research.
                                                                      Anything for action

Comment

• PMazz
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2001

The RD50s seem to be sounding better day by day.

Am I imagining this or do the RD50s have a break in period?

Pete
                                                                        Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                          • Aug 2000
                                                                          • 10934

Pete

Yes there is a break in period with the B&G's while the panel equalizes the stresses of the mfging process. Basically the same as any speaker

Hank

The B&G vs Newform isn't really a debate, more like an apple vs oranges situation

theAudioWorx
                                                                          Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Hank
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Jul 2002
                                                                            • 1345

'sigh'...I tried.

Pete are you leaning towards dipole for your final design?

Comment

• Dennis H
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2002
                                                                              • 3791

Yep. Hank, you're going to have to look elsewhere for a WWF brawl. Me, I like both apples and oranges (and grapes and berries and.......) :LOL:

Comment

• PMazz
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2001
                                                                                • 861

Too early to tell. I've only tried the dipoles so far. I'm still waiting for the Marchand xover to get here, be assembled, and then I need to do a proper bass box to complement these B&Gs. I will most definitely do a sealed enclosure and give a listen for a while. They are really sounding pretty good with just a high crossed sub, so I'm hopeful that I won't have to do a full blown LA.

Pete
                                                                                Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• Hank
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Jul 2002
                                                                                  • 1345

Can't let this thread lay dormant too long.

Small, low-end, short-throw drivers get 100 dB in a narrow enclosure:

Not quite hi-fi, but shows you can do something in a narrow enclosure.

Pete, how's the grand experiment going? Jon, did you get your RD50's? I'm living vicarously through you guys for now.

Comment

• PMazz
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2001
                                                                                    • 861

Hi Hank, I saw those towers in the PE flyer. Pretty neat looking.

I updated the thread on my project. Sealed enclosures all around. Not for long, tho.

I've been waiting for Jon to blow us away with something. Tom has had them longest, but I guess he's integrating them into his ESL line.

Pete
                                                                                    Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                      • Aug 2000
                                                                                      • 10934

I have 2 pair of RD-75s. One pair is the mids in the ESL array, the other pair are the mids in the black dipole baffles

Jon's RD-50s were delivered today

theAudioWorx
                                                                                      Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Hank
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Jul 2002
                                                                                        • 1345

Jon's RD-50s were delivered today
                                                                                        Let the games begin! Or should I say, "continue"?

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                                          Mad Max Moderator
                                                                                          • Aug 2000
                                                                                          • 15284

Yup, got home from my trip, and besides my smiling daughter there were a pair of RD50's waiting for me.

In some available time sitting in airports and what not I've been working on the enclosure design in AutoCAD, drawing both an "optimum" alignment for deep bass for the MCM drivers and experimenting with some compromises.

Then I had either an epiphany or a Brain Fahrt (only time will tell!). :?

ThomasW will remember a system I built in the mid 80's to placate my wife re esthetics and to make it sort of easy to move around and to modify. We called this the "Modula" system, and there were sort of two incarnations, mostly due to crossover changes. It was literally assembled in a modular fashion, so that it was easier to move, and easier to modify.

The bass of it (literally and figuratively) was "sub cube" of sorts using a SEAS 13" driver, in a ported arrangement. On this set a frame which held a line array of 8 Panasonic leaf ribbon tweeters- (the big ones), and helped support two column like cabinets on the right, each of which contained an MTM array with Seas P17REX and an MB titanium dome midrange.

So, what I'm thinking of doing now is reviving this concept, but keeping the esthetic planned for the line array cabinet with 1-1/2" round overs, and the upper section (ribbon plus two four driver arrays stacked) would be about 60" tall, and would work in concert with a similarly styled bass cabinet, drivers not yet decided. I've got choices, with a pair of BPD1203's availalble, as well as a quad of DPL12's. This would even allow for adding a slice of some tweeter array in the middle as an experiement, since I'm planning for replaceable top and bottom panels and will make the woofer portion three or so inches wider.... Then, the risk for trying out tweeters is minimal; if it doesn't work as I like, I can go back to the original configuration with minimal hassle.

As I get this concept fleshed out in the 'puter, I'll post some drawings and renderings- maybe by the end of the week. 8)

It would be easier to build, and much easier to move around than a single monolithic cabinet. The upper range crossover, at 600 Hz, will be passive (external box), either a conventional 4th order L-R or my Hi-Finite Slope crossover, and the bottom end initially will be done with my Sumo Delilah II, which has a non loop feedback buffer for the high pass output, and variable crossover frequencies for both LP and HP (independently).

Unfortunately, tomorrow I get back on a plane for biz, so their won't be much accomplished this weekend.... :cry:

-Jon

Earth First!
                                                                                          the AudioWorx
                                                                                          Natalie P
                                                                                          M8ta
                                                                                          Modula Neo DCC
                                                                                          Modula MT XE
                                                                                          Modula Xtreme
                                                                                          Isiris
                                                                                          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                                          Minerva Monitor
                                                                                          Calliope
                                                                                          Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                                          Obi-Wan
                                                                                          Modula PWB
                                                                                          Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                                          Natalie P Ultra
                                                                                          Natalie P Supreme
                                                                                          Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                                            Mad Max Moderator
                                                                                            • Aug 2000
                                                                                            • 15284

OK, a quickie update before I run for my plane today.

Below is a concept rendering for the initial three piece upper section, you can just see the demarcation between the ribbon cabinet and the two 6-1/2" line cabinets, but you can just barely see the split on those cabinets....

This will sit on a woofer cabinet... if the upper range isn't expanded with a tweeter strip, then the woofer doesn't have to be any wider than the 16" total shown here- think BPD1203, perhaps, in a smalled sealed box, with a hellacious amp.

Another possibility is two DPL12's per side, one firing front, one rear (this costs less than the BPD1203 did, which is no longer available); this might be in a little wider cabinet (19") to permit the add on of a tweeter ribbon array in the future; sides with same 1-1/2" round over..., with a black inset rectangular grille.

Finish either dark honey oak, or teak.

Ribbon module covers 600 Hz and up, doesn't operate in baffle step region.

Midwoofers cover 75 Hz to 600 Hz, with baffle step compensation, distance to wall set for room gain to kick in at about 100 Hz where six's start slow roll off in this size cabinet. If planned as a three way with "integral" sub cabinet, then volume per each 4 driver midwoofer cabinet would be reduced to about 50 liter. Then, it is still ported, and tuned to 32 Hz. Why? This models as producing a very flat response to 100 Hz, and has a 6 dB slope going below 100 Hz down to 32 Hz, down -3 dB at 75 Hz (intended crossover point). With the typical inductive roll off of high travel sub woofer drivers above 85 Hz, both LP and HP have a single pole function built in at 75 Hz. These are matching and complementary.

If used with my Sumo Delilah II electronic crossover in 2nd order mode, net acoustical crossover between bass cabinet and midwoofer line array will be 3rd order. If used with my XE electronic crossover (personal custom design, as used with the SLAMM's), electrical slope of 3rd order will add to driver pole/zero to produce net 4th order crossover.

Woofers boundary loaded, EQ depending on type of driver. Since located on one main boundary (floor), only slight room gain from walls (3 dB?)

Sounds good in theory (so far), let's see how the practice works out.

-Jon

Earth First!
                                                                                            the AudioWorx
                                                                                            Natalie P
                                                                                            M8ta
                                                                                            Modula Neo DCC
                                                                                            Modula MT XE
                                                                                            Modula Xtreme
                                                                                            Isiris
                                                                                            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                                            Minerva Monitor
                                                                                            Calliope
                                                                                            Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                                            Obi-Wan
                                                                                            Modula PWB
                                                                                            Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                                            Natalie P Ultra
                                                                                            Natalie P Supreme
                                                                                            Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"