X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

Parts Express banner

Is it just me, or does this link not work for others either? In other words, when I click on it, nothing happens. The Clearwave and Carada banner both work fine for me.
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

goes nowhere for me either.
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• dsrviola
      • Oct 2007

works....

....for me

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

doesn't work for me either. I tried to click it earlier and couldn't get it to work.

Comment

• soundemon
          • May 2009

hmm - it takes me there
          DIY - once you start down that (dark) path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Works fine for me..

It's a Flash device, if you don't have Flash loaded or have Flash blocked it probably won't work.

The PE banner at the bottom of the each page isn't Flash

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• NyxOne
              • Jan 2008

Works for me. Tried it with Firefox 3.5, Chrome 2.0 and Safari 4.0.

Experiencing problem on the net ? Drop IE!

Chuck

Comment

• Kevin P
                • Aug 2000

Try clearing your browser cache. PE gave us a bad flash file a few months ago that wasn't clickable. They fixed it shortly afterward but it's possible that some browsers still have the bad file cached.

Comment

• Alaric
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

Works for me.
                  Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                  Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                  Schiit Modi 3
                  Marantz CD5005
                  Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• cjd
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Dec 2004

ahh, my default behavior is a middle-click. I have to left-click and leave this site to get it to work.
                    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• ch83575
                      • Sep 2006

I don't know exactly how HTG manages their advertisers, but most are pay-per-click. Presumably, this thread cost PE a buck or two. My policy on banners is this: If I already know and like the person with the banner (ie. PE or Jed) I type the url in manually instead of clicking the banner to save that person $.05 while achieving the same end as the banner. The exception is when I am actually going to buy something for PE, then, I use the banner (HTG gets a kickback I think??).

I could be off base on this, perhaps some advertisers would rather pay the per click price to be able to accurately track referrals. Or maybe HTG doesn't even do per click. As a small businessman myself I am always trying to support the services I appreciate in any way I can, including saving them the click cost if possible.

-Chad

Comment

• Kevin P
                        • Aug 2000

I don't know if HTG uses pay per click or not (we'd have to ask Doug/Lex that question) but I believe PE does use clicks for tracking purposes, to see if the ad is generating enough hits to make it worth the cost. For that reason, it's better to always click through the ad (or save a bookmark with the same URL as the ad link) so that HTG gets credit for each hit. It increases the chance that they'll keep the ad on here if they get lots of traffic, especially orders, from it.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"