X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuncHwagon
    • May 2009

mini-statement questions

I am wondering about port location options and baffle material. So...
    #1. Will moving the port to the rear change the way they sound?
    #2 If a rear mount is ok, what is the best way to get that port mounted? ie. recessed from outside or inside? support needed for internal flare?
    #3 I want to use a solid wood baffle for aesthetics and Im not a huge fan of veneers. I want to bookmatch some pieces. Any reasons not to do this?
    Thanks...
  • BeerParty
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by LuncHwagon
    I am wondering about port location options and baffle material. So...
    #1. Will moving the port to the rear change the way they sound?
    Other people have moved the port to the rear of the Statements without issue.

#2 If a rear mount is ok, what is the best way to get that port mounted? ie. recessed from outside or inside? support needed for internal flare?
    The Statement Monitors have a rear port, and on them the port is recessed from the outside. If your are using a plastic port, I don't think you will need internal support (of course, it wouldn't hurt...)

#3 I want to use a solid wood baffle for aesthetics and Im not a huge fan of veneers. I want to bookmatch some pieces. Any reasons not to do this?
    This has also been done, check out ahaik's Statement Monitors .
    Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
    My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• J-Dub
      • Jan 2006

I am building mini statements right now. I have moved the port to the back and it will be fine. Mount port from outside. I have already made solid wood baffles for the fronts and they are beautiful. Make the entire enclusure from MDF including the front baffle then laminate the hard wood to the MDF baffle.
      "The most successful people in this world have also failed the most"

Comment

• LuncHwagon
        • May 2009

mini statement foam placement

I couldnt seem to find a definitive answer on this...

1. The 2" wedge foam only needs to be on the back wall in the lower portion of the cabinet? not on all sides, and not in the top portion.

2. The 1" flat foam in the tunnel is pulled back about 2" from the front baffle or 2" from the rear of the driver?

3. The 1" foam near the driver is beveled to a 45 on all sides towards the center of the tunnel?

Thanks.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

I couldnt seem to find a definitive answer on this...

1. The 2" wedge foam only needs to be on the back wall in the lower portion of the cabinet? not on all sides, and not in the top portion.

2. The 1" flat foam in the tunnel is pulled back about 2" from the front baffle or 2" from the rear of the driver?

3. The 1" foam near the driver is beveled to a 45 on all sides towards the center of the tunnel?

Thanks.
          1. The 2" wedge foasm should cover everything you can see when looking in the cutouts for the RS180's. Hold back from the front baffle a couple inches on the sides, top, bottom etc so it doesn't crowd the RS180.

2. Same deal for the mid tunnel. Back about 2" from the front baffle.

3. Yes

Jim

Comment

• LuncHwagon
            • May 2009

Thanks Jim....be back later

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"