X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LING GOWA
    • Dec 2007

Crossover Help!!

First of all I want to thank Madisound for their help here. They were kind enough to send me measurements etc.
    So here we go:
    (I have the drivers)
    I have 2 of the PE .75 cu, ft. curved boxes (baffle = 17'' x 10'') and I propose a 2-way with the Eton 8-800 woofer with the Morel MDT-30S tweeter. I used BaseBox Pro to come up with a port size of 2'' x 6'' that will give me Fb= 35Hz / F3= 51.4.
    The crossover:

I sure would appreciate it if someone could check this for me so I don't waste alot of time and money on parts for something that will not bring the best out in these drivers.

Much thanks
    Website
  • Curt C
    • Feb 2005

I modeled the Eton 8-800 in WinISD using the T/S parameters published at Mad.

It appears that the driver ‘wants’ a much larger enclosure than .75 cu. ft. –I’d suggest 1.5 cu. ft. as an optimum size. The 20 liter (.7cu.ft) vented model resulted in 1.5 dB of ripple and an f3 of 56 Hz relative to that peak. The larger enclosure/alignment provided an f3 40 Hz, and emulates a sealed roll off down below f10. A sealed alignment with Q = .7 is shown for comparison.

Below is a snapshot of the driver in 3 different alignments.

C
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Curt C; 09 October 2008, 10:37 Thursday.
    Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• LING GOWA
      • Dec 2007

Hey Curt,
      Thanks for chiming in. I suspected that the design was for a larger cab.
      Website

Comment

• minkuni
        • Feb 2008

Curt C : use PNG instead of JPEG for pictures of graphs. That way they'll look a whole lot better (and probably have a smaller file size). Just a tip
        Hail to Slay Radio baby!

Comment

• cjd
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2004

Use 8bit png if you want the small file size.

JPG can do graphs fine, just not when compressed much.
          diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• LING GOWA
            • Dec 2007

Well it looks like speaker building is out of the question for now. We just had layoffs at our company.
            Website

Comment

• Dennis H
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2002

Use 8bit png if you want the small file size.
              Or GIF. It's older than the WWW and works just fine (thanks Compuserve).

Comment

• augerpro
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by LING GOWA
                Well it looks like speaker building is out of the question for now. We just had layoffs at our company.
                Oh no, did you get let go? Sorry to hear that, hell of an economy right now...
                ~Brandon 8O
                Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
                Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
                DriverVault
                Soma Sonus

Comment

• LING GOWA
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by augerpro
                  Oh no, did you get let go? Sorry to hear that, hell of an economy right now...
                  No, my job is safe. It just means late nights and probably some weekends. I will be having many meetings to come up with a creative plan to bring our workers back. That will be my focus. I will also be working from home as well, so I will be selling many speaker parts and other stuff to free up space and keep me from being distracted from this goal.
                  I listed a bunch of stuff on Madisound, PE forums and here at the Pawn Shop.
                  Website

Comment

• Curt C
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by minkuni
                    Curt C : use PNG instead of JPEG for pictures of graphs. That way they'll look a whole lot better (and probably have a smaller file size). Just a tip
                    Thank you for the sage advice. This old dog doesn't learn too many new tricks anymore. :E

-I've replaced the plot in my original post with a .png file....

C
                    Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"