Cheap line array... what do you think of these speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fjhuerta
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2006

Cheap line array... what do you think of these speakers?

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

Do you think they'd make a cool line array? 8 per side, mated to a couple of small Dayton Neos?
    Javier Huerta
  • Rudy Jakubin
    • May 2005

This will be a high crossover point for one.
    #2 it'll have to be really near field like computer speakers.

Comment

• eyekode
      • Jun 2008

The F/R is pretty nasty above 1k. And 8 per side is < 3 feet. And you would probably want to cross to a sub above 120Hz or so.

So it doesn't look that hot to me...

Comment

• Rick Craig
        • Jul 2006

You'll need more than eight to make an array; however, there are better choices. Spend a few more $ and get something like the HiVi B3S.

Comment

• fjhuerta
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2006

Thanks for all your help. I thought I could get away with 8 drivers per side.. now I wonder how many I really need!
          Javier Huerta

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

To have the acoustical benefits of a true line array it needs to be as tall as the ceiling....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• fjhuerta
              Super Senior Member
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
              To have the acoustical benefits of a true line array it needs to be as tall as the ceiling....
              Wow.

I'd better start saving some money now. No, not really. My ceiling is far too high in my listening room (13 feet?)

Thanks Thomas!
              Javier Huerta

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"