• Show
Clear All
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mayhem13
    Yep. As I said before:
    Originally posted by ---k---
    Most of the comments were focus on the Tempest and Shiva offering better performance at lower prices. Not that the design you used is a poor one.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• mayhem13
      • May 2008

There's quite a discussion goin on about build accuracy right now-was gonna pull the plug on two tempestx but i'll wait it out a little

Comment

• ---k---
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2005

There's quite a discussion goin on about build accuracy right now-was gonna pull the plug on two tempestx but i'll wait it out a little
        Where? Honest question, not accusatory. I went looking and could only find one thread on AVS that looks like a lot of posts got deleted, including the person posting the accusations self-editing to remove his posts.

I trust Kevin. Based on my limited interaction with Kevin, I've found him to be a very stand-up guy. I further trust CJD who has 4 Tempest-X and has no problems with them.
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Don't forget Thomas who has several as well and I'd trust his word. Kevin is a very honest salesman and wouldn't doubt the quality of his product one bit.

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Is this in reference to the AVS thread? The one where the buffoon making all the negative claims went back and deleted all his posts?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Dougie085
              Don't forget Thomas who has several as well and I'd trust his word. Kevin is a very honest salesman and wouldn't doubt the quality of his product one bit.
              I don't own any of Kevin's Tempest-Xs. Years ago I had 4 of the original Tempests made by Adire

Kevin is honest almost to a fault

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dennis H
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Aug 2002

We still haven't seen the Klippel on the Tempest-X though. It's been a while so I hope Kevin provides it soon so we can lay this thing to rest. I agree with Kevin that there seemed to be something wrong with the AVS guy's Dumax but I'd like to see the real scoop on a good driver.

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Oh I thought you ordered the face and tempest package he was selling at first. I guess that was just CJD. So my bad on that one.

Comment

• ThomasW
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

I bought a pair of the Face 1200TS amps

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• cjd
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Dec 2004

Yeah, I bought one of the package specials. I've pushed them, hard. I've sat IN my manifold and pushed them rather hard... Bass is pretty decent in that position, I might add...

I have no experience with the Infinity in question so can't comment on that.

C
                      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• mayhem13
                        • May 2008

Didn'y say Kevin was Dishonest, just there was some posts about a new production run discrepancy. Before is spend 1k on drivers,amps and materials i want to know all is well on the eastern front. I've personally experienced billion dollar companies letting products below specs get to the public requiring recalls and the like. It has nothing to do with honesty, just quality control. Products outside of specs built by someone other than the distributor/retailer are common. The problem arises when they are swept under the rug instead of being addressed. It's not financially responsible to test each and every driver but rely on the capability of your build house. If this wasn't the case and inconsistencies didn't exist, many here on this and other forums wouldn't bother to actually test drivers before building and we all have seen the discrepancies between manufacturers specs and actual results on Freq response, T/M param and the like. Question Authority and Explore-Always !

Comment

• Hdale85
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2006

Well if something happened to be wrong I'm sure a driver could be swapped out no problem. But he's been selling them like crazy and we have not heard anything about this here.

Comment

• ThomasW
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

mayhem,

Take your philosophical soapbox elsewhere

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"