X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray Collins
    • Mar 2006

NeoCd3.0

The black face NeoCd3.0 is back in stock at Madisound. I called today and ordered one; they had been in stock for one hour.

Ray
    Wine is constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.
    BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
  • here.now
    • Jun 2008

and they're OOS again. I'm seriously considering going with the silver for my mini statements and cc. What do you guys think?
    My Stack Rack Build

Comment

• Jed
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Apr 2005

What's up with this ribbon fetish lately, anyhow. :B

Comment

• chasw98
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Jed, it's new, it's different! sort of......

Comment

• its_bacon12
          • May 2008

I have a pair of black face ones I'd trade for some silver faced ones if anyone wants to

Comment

• ---k---
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jed
            I blame Jim for this recent outbreak.
            - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
            CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
            CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Jim Holtz
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ---k---
              I blame Jim for this recent outbreak.
              Sure, pick on the old guy. :rofl:

I'm just happy that so many people have enjoyed the Statements projects. I've been VERY slow to get the monitors finalized and officially published but I predict they'll become the most popular. The size has better SAF, the sound quality is very impressive IMHO and they cost less to build. Not to mention, the cabinets are much easier to build than it's big brothers.

Jim

Comment

• here.now
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Jim Holtz

I'm just happy that so many people have enjoyed the Statements projects. I've been VERY slow to get the monitors finalized and officially published but I predict they'll become the most popular. The size has better SAF, the sound quality is very impressive IMHO and they cost less to build. Not to mention, the cabinets are much easier to build than it's big brothers.

Jim

Sure, now that I've got my heart set on one design... Glad I haven't ordered anything yet! Any plan on giving us a sneak peak?
                My Stack Rack Build

Comment

• Curt C
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jed
                  Hi Jed,
                  As a longtime softdome guy, :?? I wasn't all that enamored with ribbons in general until I used the Neo3’s in the Statement series. As I voiced them, I came to appreciate their attributes: They exhibit a very clean, realistic sounding top end, with cymbals sounding very metallic to my ear, more so than say, the OWIII’s in my current setup, which in comparison sound slightly soft. OTOH, the relatively high crossover point required by ribbons in general limits the midrange drivers they can work with.
                  As an aside, the Seas Millennium tweeter also appears to emulate that realistic cymbal sound as well, so its not strictly the domain of hard cone tweeters.

C
                  Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by here.now
                    Sure, now that I've got my heart set on one design... Glad I haven't ordered anything yet! Any plan on giving us a sneak peak?
                    The Monitor build thread has been in the Mission accomplished section for some time. It's located HERE. I just haven't gotten the autocad drawing or the "official" write up done so it can be posted on Curt's website and linked to from here.

The actual crossover and cabinet designs are final. It's just the "extras" that make them easy for others to build.

Jim

Comment

• Ray Collins
                      • Mar 2006

Curt,
                      I intend to use a piece of 2 1/2" PVC conduit for the port on the center channel rather than the PE slip joint port. I assume the length will remain 7" and there is no need to flair either end?

Ray
                      BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Comment

• brijenjas
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by here.now
                        and they're OOS again. I'm seriously considering going with the silver for my mini statements and cc. What do you guys think?
                        Do it.

I went with the silver for three reasons,

1. My speaker cabinets will be stained in dark cherry (hopefully).
                        And I think the lighter silver would look good with it.

2. The Tang band W4-1337SA used for the statement series appears to be silver and grey, so it will sort of match.

3. They were in stock : and since the Tang bands are on backorder, I didn't want 2 different drivers on backorder.

Comment

• timdog
                          • Apr 2008

Silver Statements for Founteks

Here are the Silvers with the statement gang...I will also be doing a cherry so I am keeping the Silver faceplates. They look much nicer in person than the internet pics.

Tim

Comment

• here.now
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by timdog
                            Silver Statements for Founteks

Here are the Silvers with the statement gang...I will also be doing a cherry so I am keeping the Silver faceplates. They look much nicer in person than the internet pics.

Tim
                            Thanks for the pic's. Good job on the start of your build! I've been wanting to see a nice comparison to the black.
                            My Stack Rack Build

Comment

• Curt C
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ray Collins
                              Curt,
                              I intend to use a piece of 2 1/2" PVC conduit for the port on the center channel rather than the PE slip joint port. I assume the length will remain 7" and there is no need to flair either end?

Ray
                              You assume correctly, Ray. As built by Jim, the port has no flare at either end, and subsequent listening sessions didn't indicate this as an issue.

C
                              Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• Jed
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Apr 2005

Yeah... I do like the Fountek a lot. Had one of my audiophile friends over today to listen to the Lineup Maxx's that I just finished for someone and he said, "yeah those are awesome speakers, but all they need is a ribbon" - having heard my R44s already with the Fountek CD3.0M. :B

We also got a chance to compare the Tombstones to the Maxx's. So basically TB W4-1337s versus Seas Excels, and I must say those W4s kick some serious value for the dollar butt.

I recently sold my Accuton C79 because I thought the W4-1337s were at least very close.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jed
                                  Yeah... I do like the Fountek a lot. Had one of my audiophile friends over today to listen to the Lineup Maxx's that I just finished for someone and he said, "yeah those are awesome speakers, but all they need is a ribbon" - having heard my R44s already with the Fountek CD3.0M. :B

We also got a chance to compare the Tombstones to the Maxx's. So basically TB W4-1337s versus Seas Excels, and I must say those W4s kick some serious value for the dollar butt.

I recently sold my Accuton C79 because I thought the W4-1337s were at least very close.
                                  Hi Jed,

I'm still extremely pleased with the SQ of the W4-1337's to the point, I really don't have a desire to come up with another design trying to out do the Statements.

I won't say the W4-1337's are as good or better than the Excels, Revelators and Accutons but they're close enough for me. BTW, I wish you would have had an open back on the W4's when you were comparing them to the Tombstones. :B

Jim

Comment

• Jed
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • Apr 2005

BTW, I wish you would have had an open back on the W4's when you were comparing them to the Tombstones. :B

Jim
                                    My friend want's a dipole W4-1337--so maybe someday that will happen. Are you going to Dayton DIY?

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jed
                                      My friend want's a dipole W4-1337--so maybe someday that will happen. Are you going to Dayton DIY?
                                      Hi Jed,

I wish I could take the Monitors to Dayton but I'm still unemployed so the expense of a "recreational" trip like that doesn't make sense. I'd have to hustle to get the Monitors together anyway. I've had too many other house projects going on to finish them.

I hope you get to hear one of the Statements series speakers one of these days. Opening up the mids makes a remarkable difference and allows the W4 to really sing, IMHO.

Jim

Comment

• borderdad
                                        • Nov 2005

Back in Black

I just completed an order. Get 'em while they're hot! :T
                                        Last edited by borderdad; 26 June 2008, 17:34 Thursday.
                                        Hola from El Paso!

Comment

• HeatMiser
                                          • Apr 2006

Thanks borderdad, and also Ray for starting this helpful thread. Likewise got a pair on the way. :T

Now just gotta wait til mid-July for the W4s. Maybe I'll get motivated and cut some wood in the meantime.
                                          Paul G

Comment

• Ray Collins
                                            • Mar 2006

You are welcome. My Neo arrived today but I too am waiting for the W4...

Ray
                                            BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Comment

• its_bacon12
                                              • May 2008

Originally posted by HeatMiser
                                              Thanks borderdad, and also Ray for starting this helpful thread. Likewise got a pair on the way. :T

Now just gotta wait til mid-July for the W4s. Maybe I'll get motivated and cut some wood in the meantime.

Haha we're all in the same boat. Just got my Neos the other day, got my boxes cut out and one thats almost fully assembled (only have a few clamps, so it goes very slow). Just waitin on the W4's to come off backorder.

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"